New 2016 Toyota Tundra

rideandfly

We purchased a new Ollie tow vehicle today, 2016 SR5 Tundra. Really like this truck and can't wait to start towing our Oliver Elite II around the lower 48 with this Truck. This Tundra has bucket seats, rear camera, center console, 38 gallon fuel tank, spray -in bed liner, and all weather mats.

Will post about towing the Ollie with the Tundra in the towing section.

Here's a few photos on the way home from the dealership today:

• Thanks 1

LE2

Bill

Congratulations !!   You made a wise choice. I have a 2003 Tundra I purchased new and it has pulled my Ollie from the east coast to the west coast.  You will have more than enough power to pull your Ollie anywhere  you want to go.  I am envious

Coy

• Thanks 1

Larry and Coy, Thanks!!!!

Agree, really like the dash and all the neat technology. This is our third Toyota pickup, really like their pickup trucks. Our first 1987 Toyota pickup was called pickup, it didn't have a name like Tacoma or Tundra.

This is new to me, paired the blue tooth with the cell phone and received a hands free call!!!! :)  It has a factory tow package, heated mirrors, 4 & 7 pin trailer connections,  tow mode,  6 speed auto tranny, cruise control, tranny cooler, adjustable headlamps with a toggle switch (up & down), intermittent windshield wipers, satellite radio, 6.5' bed, and weather radio.   Busy reading the manual for now and putting some miles on it before towing the Ollie. :)

LE2

• Moderators

Bill, great looking truck!  For us it was down to a Tundra SR5 very similar to what you have and the Ram 1500 with all the same features.  I wanted to go Toyota with my local dealer especially having purchased 2 trucks from them already.  It came down to price and trade in with a difference of over $5K!  The Ram won.  Enjoy that Tundra - it will look great with your Ollie!  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

[attachment file=37680]

Bill:

The 2016 Toyota Tundra truck is an excellent tow vehicle for the Oliver Elite II Travel Trailer.  Our Tundra is a 2016 Crew Cab Limited 4x4 and it does an excellent job.

Good luck with you new Tundra.

2016-Vac-Tennessee-002.thumb.jpg.c3f3309696e50afbf021a94d6e4e980c.jpg

• Thanks 2

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

Wow, that sure is purdy?

• Thanks 1

New Hampshire residents.

2016 Chevy Silverado 1500, Crew Cab, LTZ/short box, 5.3L Ecotec3 V8 w/ tow/haul mode /20 inch wheels

Retirement ( 12-31-2017)  

8/25/2019, we purchased the previously owned “2017 Oliver Elite ll  Hull #170, Standard King Bed, Solar package, Nature’s Head Composting Toilet and all the extras”!