tV relocation

Windwalker

• Moderators

We've added a lot of miles since this TV relocation, including some off-road miles in the desert at Quartzsite.  It makes making the bed easier and prevents any head knocking on the TV when in bed.

I'm planning on installing a SiriusXM receiver soon.  I think there is room in the area where the Furrion is for the radio.  The display can be mounted next to the Furrion.  I think the small satellite antenna could be mounted on top of the "Oliver" in the back, routing the wire behind the "Oliver" light, through the overheads to where the Furrion is.  I like clean installations and don't want to cause any leak possibilities.  I need to check to see what kind of inputs are left on the back of the Furrion.  This would allow us to listen to our favorite music stations, news and sports when we're out there away from civilization.  The monthly subscription is a fraction of what satellite TV is.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

I moved my television to the center mount location in March for many of the same reasons mentioned in this post.  I used Mike and Carol's suggestion of a door knob protector to cover the old wiring hole into the attic.  I did not like the looks of the door knob protector because the mounting tape was too thick and it left a noticeable gap between the protector and the fiberglass.  So I went back to Amazon and bought a 2" white plastic hole plug that worked perfectly.  The only problem is it came in a bag of 25.  So I have 24 left.  If you want to do this mod or already have and need a hole cover, just let me know via PM and include your address.  I drop one in mail for you.

Now what's on tv?

And that’s not a tow vehicle?

• Thanks 3

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

We’ve added a lot of miles since this TV relocation, including some off-road miles in the desert at Quartzsite. It makes making the bed easier and prevents any head knocking on the TV when in bed.

I’m planning on installing a SiriusXM receiver soon. I think there is room in the area where the Furrion is for the radio. The display can be mounted next to the Furrion. I think the small satellite antenna could be mounted on top of the “Oliver” in the back, routing the wire behind the “Oliver” light, through the overheads to where the Furrion is. I like clean installations and don’t want to cause any leak possibilities. I need to check to see what kind of inputs are left on the back of the Furrion. This would allow us to listen to our favorite music stations, news and sports when we’re out there away from civilization. The monthly subscription is a fraction of what satellite TV is. Mike

You might try just taping the antenna up in the attic between the insulation and hull first.  We moved our Spot Trace there and it doesn't seem to have any trouble getting a signal through the fiberglass.  Sirius may need a better signal of course, but worth a try.

• Moderators

You might try just taping the antenna up in the attic between the insulation and hull first. We moved our Spot Trace there and it doesn’t seem to have any trouble getting a signal through the fiberglass. Sirius may need a better signal of course, but worth a try.

That’s exactly what I did when I installed it last year. I taped the antenna to the attic ceiling on top of the insulation. It works fine. I’m often surprised at the good reception even when camped under trees.

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators
lol, just saw that your post was 2 years old.

But the instructions for moving the television to the center of the attic was still applicable to my trailer.

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators
Well fortunately, Mike didn’t wait around two years hoping for my advice on antenna placement.

Or so he claims.

It’s good advice even a couple years after the fact!