Window shades made bright white

Windwalker

Well I couldn't stand it any longer and painted my window shades bright white. My understanding is that the window shades are not available from the manufacture in white so Although not a quick fix mine are now bright white. The plastic and my Krylon Supermax paint for plastic didn't get along real well with some of the shades even after cleaning them with a degreaser. I then tried some of an old stand by Krylon Fusion, I had a limited supply of it in a flat white so used it as a primer then second coated it with the Supermax I'm not sure why this worked but it did and the results are fantastic. There is a lot longer story on this modification for anyone wanting to do it so I won't bore the masses but would have the full story for those interested.

Marc

• Thanks 3

Yes Pics please!   During my factory tour the window color was the only thing about the Ollie that I wasn't thrilled about and asked Jason about the availability of white instead of the tan/off white and was told the same thing.  Would really enjoy hearing the step by step process you  went through.

I'd love to see them too.  That's something we asked Oliver about on our factory visit and they told us the same thing.  I asked if they could order some in grey or dark bronze or something so that it just didn't look like a mismatch, and Robert said he'd look into it.  To me, the off-white against the bright white of the interior makes them look old and yellowed.

Just attach them, someone will fix them and repost them. Then you can compare and figure out what you need do correct on your end. Everyone is anxious to see them and won't mind looking at them either way

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

Marc

you are probably taking the pictures with a Mac, iPad or similar device.  You may be left handed and turn the device upside down from a right handed person.  try using the right hand approach to push the shutter button.  It should then appear right side up

coy

• Thanks 1

We do not have the fiber granite but I am taking it to the factory for them to install, Tommy is really taking care of me great folks at Oliver. Marc

Marc,

We did not get the granite either, but wish we had the option of just getting the sink/stove area in the granite top. Is that the only area you are getting redone? I was thinking about putting a thin tile in so you could put a hot pan down without a hot pad.

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

With dry time a wet sanding some minor flaws it took a couple of days. In case some do not know all you have to do is pull the bottom of the shade out from the wall (just clips in at the bottom no tools needed) and lift up to remove also make sure the privacy shade is on the top when reinstalling.

Marc

Great idea Marc,

I never have liked the color of those shade frames. Why they aren't available in white is just a mystery to me. I hope the paint holds up for you. Looks like you also painted the channel bars which you use to raise and lower the shades? Kind of tricky there but a careful masking job should do it. Was the Krylon Supermax too hot for the plastic or what was the issue there? It looks so much better, I may have to paint mine now. Thanks.

Dave

2015 Oliver Elite, Hull 107

1998 Ford E-250, 5.4 liter

Hi Dave, the paint reacted like there was some type of oily residue on them even though I wiped it down with mineral spirits, it should have been all right since the Krylon was an oil based paint. I then tried rubbing alcohol and that didnt seem to help just must be a strange plastic.

Marc