Here I am!

Mendofrank

Last October I picked up my twin bed, Legacy Elite II, spent some time visiting friends and family on the Eastside (of the Mississippi) and returned home by November in time for my grandson's wedding. On my return trip, I started to not feel well but passed it off as too much sitting from driving. I had some problems with my Oliver requiring shop time and was not able to travel before Christmas, as I had hoped. (Oliver was great about working with the local shop for fixing my problems) Shortly after the first of the year, I nearly died from renal failure, (living a short distance from an emergency room made a difference). The cause of the renal failure was advanced prostate cancer which had also spread to my hips, spine and neck.

After months of chemo, I am finally able to think about using my Oliver for the primary reason I bought it - boondocking.  Doc says I can, if I am careful, so on September 17, 2016 I will be heading for the Sawtooths, Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. Hooray for chemo!

When I had first ordered my Elite II, I attempted to get on the Oliver website. No joy. Recently, I rediscovered the Oliver forums and here I am. So pleased to be able to be here.

This rather longwinded introduction is by way of explaining how the Oliver forum has been very effective for me for the idea of hitting the road. Reading about or seeing other Oliver owners travels, experiences, tips, modifications, etc. has been very encouraging for me to begin to consider traveling again.   Thank You!

I live in Northern California (think wine, redwoods and Mendocino coast) a few miles from Highway 101 . The hull number for my Oliver is 101. Very fortuitous, I think, because heading North on 101 towards Eureka, Crescent City, and the Oregon and Washington coast is my favorite direction to leave from my home. I am so looking forward to being able go to the mountains in a few weeks. A few months ago I could barely go to the bathroom. Today, I can go much farther and I will. Wish me luck.

Mendofrank

This was the day that was.

Welcome and congratulations on your Oliver purchase, we have really enjoyed our trailer.  We picked ours up from the factory September 2, 2015 hull number 93; so our trailers were in construction approximately the same time.  July of 2015 we were in your area of highway 101 and enjoyed our travels.

Good luck with your travels and health.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

• Moderators

Welcome!  Get out there and enjoy your Oliver.  As a fellow prostate cancer survivor (surgery and radiation for me) I applaud your tenacity and desire to get out there.  We hope to do a trip up through Napa/Sonoma to the Oregon and Washington coasts.  You live in a great area.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS