no-see-um proof screens

dharmardr

Ann and I returned to our campsite and our Olliver on the coast of South Carolina after leaving our windows open and our fantastic fan on last Spring. It happened to be the season for ( what we call no-see-ums). Our Ollie was full of those nasty little buggers.

I recently decided to install no-see-um proof screen in the Oliver. After calling the local glass shop I found out it was an easy fix and not very expensive. But in trying to remove the window screens, it seems that removal includes removal of the window surroundings that house the shades. Any help here? Maybe I'm wrong about screen removal. Appreciate any help, suggestions.

Thanks Grayson

Grayson and Ann Cook

Northwest CT and Mid Coast Maine

2016 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed FP

Toyota Tundra, Extra Cab, Long bed, 5.7 V8

Yippee-i-o-ki-yah

I replaced mine with aluminium cat proof screens. You should not need to remove the frames or anything else, just open window to have more room to work with. The screens only have those curved metal tabs to hold them in with pressure.

I will take some photos of it and post once I'm back near the trailer later.

• Thanks 2

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

• Moderators

Grayson,

Once you get on the road with getting this done, please post pictures and details (prices and materials).  On this year's trip out West I'd either be watching a DVD or reading at night.  In both cases , when it came time to go to bed, there would be a couple of different kinds of insects buzzing around the ceiling.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Grayson,

I must apologize, I seem to have forgotten the order I did things. When I first got the trailer from Ron I wanted to throughly clean it and see if I could do something about the cream colored frames and it was during the period that I had the frames off already, that I removed and replaced the screens and completely cleaned all the window gutters and the black plastic tracks they run on (thus I didn't remember having to remove anything to do it)

I just tested on the trailer and found they can be removed with the frame installed, but is not worth the effort and possible damage to the blinds in doing so.

The frames come off easy enough, they are held on by two metal squeeze clips on the top and bottom and on my trailer they had applied some sort of contact adhesive to where the clips attach to ensure they didn't "fall off" so they might be reluctant to let go, if yours is the same.

• Thanks 2

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69