Viewing a late model Legacy Elite II

francey

I would like to view an Oliver Elite II unit.    Looking at the Oliver Elite II locations, there are none in the 37922 zip code area of Tennessee. (West Knoxville)  The factory is a 6 hour round-trip and too far to drive just for a one hour visit.

I would like to view and walk through and discuss a Legacy Elite II, if there are any in my location.  I looked in the CLASSIFIED, but oddly enough the majority of ads in the Classified are for SOLD units....not much help at all.  I was surprised at how many Oliver Units are sold by owners...not keeping them for long at all.  The SOLD,  ad after ad,  got me thinking, Why are so many of these SOLD units being sold?

I'm getting ready to do some traveling and friends with trailer and tow vehicle emphasize the convenience of parking the trailer and having the TOW vehicle to use when camping.  Formerly owning a Class C and no vehicle to use,  and a Class A, towing the TOAD... I'm ready to try the Trailer and TowVehicle unit.

So, if there is anyone nearby 37922, west Knoxville, TN, I would love to view and discuss why YOU like your Oliver trailer so much... <smile> Thank you.  Frances

By all means take the drive to Hohenwald to see the factory! You will see how truly unique Olivers are compared to the rest of the RV market. I purchased a 2008 Elite I which is the smaller 18.5' Oliver from a great couple in Virginia and took it to the factory to have them check all my systems in it. Excellent customer service! You will be glad you took the trip and Hohenwald is a great little town and the Natchez Trace Parkway is beautiful.

randy

ps-forgot to mention-I was told there was a string of "medical issues" that had befallen some the owners and that is why there seemed to be a number for sale. They do sell quick when they become available. I wish those owners all my best having had medical issues myself in the past.

• Moderators

francy,

There is no time limit (as far as I know) for the factory tours.  Certainly when I did mine a bit over a year ago I was there for closer to two hours plus another hour or so in the sales office looking at the two that they had there.  Since you are at least a bit familiar with the RV industry and the way that most RV's are built, I'm sure that you would find Oliver's approach very refreshing.  However, if you are set against making the drive then I would suggest a call to Anita in the sales office to see if she can arrange a local Knoxville viewing for you with an owner that happens to be passing through.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Frances, A 3 hour drive to the factory is just a "ride in the park", we drove from Kansas City, 10 hours each way. And it was worth it, you will be spending more then 1 hour there, more like 5-6 or more. That is, if you place your order, like we did. Getting to go through the plant and see the different stages of construction, is well worth it.

If you are really interested in a Oliver, you have to make the trip.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

The number of young Ollies on the market this year does seem high for Olivers, but I don't know how that stacks up to the trailer market overall.  I've kept an eye on the used market, and by my count there have been seven 2015's come up for sale.  At least three of those have been for health reasons, which is unfortunate but happens.  Who knows about the other four.  I suspect that some people buy a trailer or RV and after their first outing realize that the life isn't of them, and then they question that big investment sitting in the driveway.  Some people might not realize the ongoing cost of insurance, storage, etc.  Some decide that they really needed a bigger trailer.  Lots of potential reasons I guess, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone voice any real discontent about their trailer or the company.

If you look at the photographs of new owners most are of a mature age.  Health can change rapidly as we age which is what happened to me.  Arthritis, knees, have made it difficult to enjoy our Ollie which is the reason we are selling.

We have enjoyed our time with Ollie and the community here is terrific.

• Thanks 4

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel