Using Evernote to Save Forum Posts

donthompson

I often read a post that I want to save with other information about my Oliver that I keep organized using Evernote. I have separate notebooks in Evernote for Oliver Maintenance, Oliver Mileage Log, Oliver Travel Trailer (general info) and Oliver Storage. Evernote allows me to create a note and save it. It also allows me to save a screenshot, clip an entire article on the web, etc. I have it installed on my laptop and my smartphone. It syncs across these devices.

The forum is so valuable because of the tips and suggestions provided by other Ollie owners. Evernote allows me to keep valuable information organized and saved for future reference.

Here's a screenshot of a post I clipped this afternoon. Evernote clipped the entire post--the screenshot only captured part of what I clipped in Evernote.

Screen-Shot-2016-09-03-at-2_33.36-PM.thumb.png.92a78d44342ef24b712e9bc3d3d55cba.png

• Thanks 2

Don

2020 Kimberley Kruiser T3

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States I visited with my Ollie (Sold October, 2019)

States Visited Map

Don,

I've been using evernote for years in my business and personal life, but this did not occur to me until you "reminded" me about this capability.  I've become so used to scanning things into it to eliminate paper in my life, it completely escaped me that I could do this.  Thank you for reminding me, I'm not a screen capture demon with all the good information here on the forum.

John

John Marilyn and Gracie

2017 Legacy Elite II Hull 172

TV 2017 F250 Diesel 

John,

Good to hear from another Evernote user! I also use Wunderlist to create packing lists for all of my trips--flying overseas, flying domestic, road trip, camping trip with the Oliver, etc. It syncs across devices. I saw Buzzy's lists that he creates with another app, and it prompted me to create lists for setting up camp, breaking camp, lists of items to purchase for Ollie before each trip, etc., etc. I love lists! On a trip to Mesa Verde and Utah this summer with the Ollie, I forgot to put together a food list and I left without my favorite organic peanut butter and my favorite jelly. Never again! I love lists.

Don

Don

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States Visited Map

Don,

What we did at work was share our notes that were relevant to other employees, so if in our pursuit of saving information we create a set of notes that we think would be interesting to others, we can share them so everyone gets to see them. It would require everyone get a free account with Evernote, but that's easy.

John

John Marilyn and Gracie

2017 Legacy Elite II Hull 172

TV 2017 F250 Diesel 

Bill,

It takes some time to become familiar with what it can do. I have a premium account but the basic account does a lot. Here are some of the key features that I like. First, you can create notebooks and save things in individual notebooks. I create a new notebook for every trip I take. I have separate notebooks relating to the Oliver--maintenance, storage, mileage log, etc. When you create a note or save a PDF, a web page, etc., you can choose the notebook to save it to. You also have a dedicated Evernote email address. You can use this to forward or copy emails directly to Evernote so you can save them in the appropriate notebook. I use an Evernote extension in my Chrome browser. When you are at a website, you can use the extension to clip the web article, a simplified article, the web page, a bookmark or a screenshot. This is a great feature.

I noticed on the website that they have added a "Plus" account that adds: "Access notes from all your devices. Access all notebooks Offline on your mobile device. Save important email in Evernote" This costs $35 per year. I think being able to access notes on your SmartPhone or Tablet when you don't have internet access is a great feature.

• Thanks 1

Don

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States Visited Map