Owner Referral Program

MDuncan

• Administrators

For those of you that own an Oliver, you've probably heard of our referral program. Since we don't have dealerships scattered across the nation, we offer our owners an incentive to be willing to show their Oliver to potential new customers. If you are an owner and don't know about our referral program, call the sales office for details.

I am almost done with a new "See An Ollie" map feature. What the new map will do is populate a map icon (blue for Elite owners and red for Elite II owners) on the city and state where you are located. If you are an Oliver owner, you can now opt-in or out of the referral program at anytime in your profile.

To opt-in or out of the referral program, go to your profile and click the gear on the right below the banner image and select edit profile.

Next, go to "My RV or Travel Trailer" section. If you own an Oliver you can select the "I own an Oliver Travel Trailer" and proceed to select your Year, Model and Floor Plan.

To opt-in to the referral program, select "Yes, I am willing to show my travel trailer to potential customers" and add your contact information. It is important to add the city and state where you are located in this section for it to populate the coordinates for the icon on the map.

Once you have enable this feature, when potential customers want to view your trailer, they will click on the map icon to view the basic info about your trailer. They can then fill out a form with their contact information, requesting the field visit.

When they submit the form, you will receive an email from the website with their contact info. We at Oliver will also be notified. When you receive the email, you can then contact the person and arrange a time and date for them to view it. Someone from the sales office will contact you to follow up and make sure you have receive the notification email.

Your name and number will not be displayed publicly or shared with anyone. Of course, when you contact the person requesting a field visit, you will be sharing that information (phone or email) yourself. If you do not wish to contact people requesting a field visit directly, contact the sales office and they will handle the communication for you.

At anytime, you can change your location (if you are away from home) or turn off your map icon by updating your profile and selecting "No, I do not want to show my travel trailer to potential customers."

I will be going live with the new map feature next week. In the mean time, if you are an owner and wish to be included on the referral map once it is live, please edit your profile appropriately at anytime.

• Thanks 2

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

• Administrators

Also... if you have ordered your trailer but waiting on a pickup date, please stay opted out (No, I do not want to show my travel trailer to potential customers) until you have either picked yours up or when it is getting close to your delivery date.

Matt Duncan

So, what is the current incentive $ amount for showing your trailer to somebody who subsequently orders one?

How does it work if a new customer views more than one Ollie? For example, my wife and I viewed both King and Twin versions of the Elite II at different times and locations.

Will Oliver keep an Ollie owner supplied with brochures to hand out when he gets flagged down and stopped, and that  person demands an impromptu showing? I have heard that this event is not uncommon. LOL.

Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

John,

As Randy said - all you have to do is ask for more referral forms and they get sent to you quickly.  These referral forms are fairly simple and all the owner has to do is place their hull number on the form, the interested party then fills out their name and address and drops it in a mailbox.  As far as I know, the current referral incentive is $250, however, I've never actually received anything so far.

You are correct about people stopping you to view the Oliver.  During my recent two months on the road there were a number of occasions that people followed me into gas stations or rest stops and it was very rare to be able to get in or out of a campground without someone stopping me to ask about the camper.  There were even people waiting for me in a WalMart parking lot to return from shopping so they could ask about it.

I don't know what happens when there are multiple viewings of different campers, but, I trust Anita and the gang to be fair.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

My favorite so far, is driving back to NH from Vegas, there was an accident that stopped the highway for 20 minutes, in Missouri, two different people walked up to ask questions and tour the trailer, parked in the fast lane.

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

• Administrators
John, As Randy said – all you have to do is ask for more referral forms and they get sent to you quickly. These referral forms are fairly simple and all the owner has to do is place their hull number on the form, the interested party then fills out their name and address and drops it in a mailbox. 

It may be a good idea for whoever shows their Oliver to fill out the Referral cards and drop them into the mail (postage paid by us). If not, the person who viewed it, might throw it away or misplace it and we could miss capturing your referral.

With the new map feature, you will have their info when they request the visit online and we will already have record of the request.

We know how important field visits are coming from our owners since we don't have dealerships and want to make sure we reward those who help us. The sales office tries to welcome new owners on Facebook... so keep an eye out there for people you've shown your unit to and don't be afraid to follow up with the sales office.

• Thanks 1

Matt Duncan