Planning for our "mid-life" adventure

yologals

Cynthia and Malinda here. We joined the forum at the beginning of the month and are full on drinking from a firehose at this point. We don't own a travel trailer yet, we do have an appointment scheduled for 10/11 to tour and ask questions.

I started in August knowing nothing about "campers". My camping experience has always consisted of "tent" camping and one summer in a pop up with friends. Cynthia on the other had, spent much time in her childhood camping in a variety of campers. In a few short weeks, I have learned a lot about what I don't want and I have hundreds of questions! I'm looking forward to seeing an Ollie in person and meeting some of the great folks I keep reading about.

We started this journey of our "mid-life adventure" in early August and are looking forward to learning from others and enjoying this adventure we call life!! I'm going to try to write about what we learn along the way before "the rubber hits the road" in August of 2017.

Yologals

www.yologals.com

Welcome and good to have you involved in the forum. There is so much information available! The danger is that you'll become convinced that camping in a travel trailer like an Oliver is a complicated undertaking. It really isn't. I picked my Elite II up in March of this year and I've traveled over 7,000 miles solo in my Oliver since then. I really didn't know much when I started. While I know a lot more now, I've survived my ignorance and have enjoyed learning at my own pace!

Don

2020 Kimberley Kruiser T3

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States I visited with my Ollie (Sold October, 2019)

States Visited Map

Just wanted to say "Hi" ?

New Hampshire residents.

2016 Chevy Silverado 1500, Crew Cab, LTZ/short box, 5.3L Ecotec3 V8 w/ tow/haul mode /20 inch wheels

Retirement ( 12-31-2017)  

8/25/2019, we purchased the previously owned “2017 Oliver Elite ll  Hull #170, Standard King Bed, Solar package, Nature’s Head Composting Toilet and all the extras”! 

Welcome to the forum. Your blog comments mirror my wife's first impression of RV interiors:"how many dull fabrics can be embellished with arrow head and antler patterns?" That coupled with crown molding set us on a path for a clean and functional alternative. We are new owners (May) and like some others on this exchange are working through the nuances between tent and RV camping. Don mentions above that the transition need not be painful, it has been a joy for us. The forum members are clever, funny and most of all generous. You'll blend well.

Bob and Camille

• Thanks 1

Bob and Camille 2016 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull#141

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCATNTXmed.jpg

• Moderators

Yologals, welcome!  We picked up the same time Bob and Camille did in May and have been on the road every month since.  Just got back from Big Bend National Park.  Your tour next month will be enjoyable and educational.  This is a good group that will be willing to help and provide good information.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Hi, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, haven't had the chance to login. No, we haven't traveled with him yet. Husband's work schedule includes every weekend, so our social life has been non existent for quite a while, LOL Can't wait for him to retire. I wouldn't think about "not"  bringing Shorty with us when we do. He is part of the family! We would miss him everyday.

New Hampshire residents.

2016 Chevy Silverado 1500, Crew Cab, LTZ/short box, 5.3L Ecotec3 V8 w/ tow/haul mode /20 inch wheels

Retirement ( 12-31-2017)  

8/25/2019, we purchased the previously owned “2017 Oliver Elite ll  Hull #170, Standard King Bed, Solar package, Nature’s Head Composting Toilet and all the extras”!