Need an improved Search function, and a FAQ section

John E Davies

I really do not care for the way Search displays its results. For example, "Dexter EZ Flex" returns 33 posts, but they are displayed in their entirety, complete with pictures. So you end up scrolling and scrolling .... and scrolling. As a result, I never use it!

Search really needs to show just the link and perhaps the first four or five lines of text (not a quote). This way you can easily see all the posts and get an idea of the content.

Also there needs to be an advanced version so we can search for more specific terms, such as the user name or a date range.

If this already exists, point me to it please!

The need for a FAQ is self explanatory as the number of members continues to grow and old questions get asked.

I also think some additional sub forums would be very beneficial, for example "Wheels, tires and suspension". If the Search function was better this would not be needed.

Thanks

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

A “most recent posts” function would also help.

Your wish is my command, sort of.

Look at the hovering toolbar to the right of every page. Select the third one down and it will show the topics that have new posts, from all sections of the forum. Select the topic and scroll to the bottom.

The fourth one lets you see the Activity Wall which has additional stuff like new members and new posts, in order of the date and time (not displayed by sub-forum). Either button will work but I tend to use the third one at each visit here.

Or you can select those items using the Forum drop down menu up top.

As always, you might not see a new entry unless you refresh the page in your browser......

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.