Surge Protection

GrayGhost

We recently purchased  hull #98, and looking forward to picking it up this weekend. This particular unit does not have the factory surge protector option installed. Wondering what others are using and recommend for surge protection. Thanks.

GrayGhost

2015 Legacy Elite II Hull # 98

2020 F150 3.5 EcoBoost

• Moderators

I've used one of these Progressive Industries units for years.  It is not as complex as the one they are building into the Ollie systems, but it is portable and  easy to use.

• Thanks 1

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

We got one of these:

zyzw7kbvrquuj9zhkmrmowgxel953fts.jpg.85211a206987c2c5929ed692c48c564f.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JFWKM2K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works well.  Tells me if power is okay before I connect to the trailer.  It popped a couple times during a storm, reset itself after about 90 seconds.  The only thing I don't like is the color.  I wish it was gray, black or blue so it wasn't so noticeable.  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

This is the one I use. I think other Ollie owners have chosen this device as well. The only drawback is the price. Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C Portable 30AMP Electrical Management System

• Thanks 1

Don

2020 Kimberley Kruiser T3

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States I visited with my Ollie (Sold October, 2019)

States Visited Map

• Moderators

Yes, in my opinion there is simply too much "stuff" that is valuable or sensitive to risk not having surge protection.  Besides all of the protection it offers there is one other thing the Oliver on board system has that most of the portable units lack - not having to remember to plug it in.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"