Other uses for your solar panels?

John E Davies

Those of you without the solar option should have a battery isolator installed, to prevent the truck battery from being accidentally depleted. Or you can just remember to always unplug the trailer connector at each overnight stop.

If you have solar, have you taken advantage of the extra capacity to maintain the charge in your truck battery by leaving the cord plugged in during the day while parked?

I run a DC powered ARB fridge in my Ram, which draws about 3 amps while the compressor is going. It would be nice to know that the Ollie is keeping the truck batteries topped up during the hottest part of the day, when the fridge is running most.

Does anyone use their solar charging for other stuff besides just charging and running the Ollie's systems?

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 7 months later...