Oliver Travel Trailer Rally 2017. (OTT-17)

hardrock

There is much activity in the past few days regarding an Oliver TT rally in 2017.  I think much of this is driven by our calendars and the desire to attend if we can schedule it in.  I think it is important enough to start a new thread, so here goes. I do not want to bias the discussion by immediately interjecting my opinion as to what I would like to have the rally look like.  Rather, I want to add structure to the discussion by offering some format that we collectively would want to address in each response until we have a consensus on the "looks" of the rally.

1. Location-  Should Oliver Travel Trailer rally 2017 (OTT-17)  be held in the Hohenwald vicinity?  If so, where?  Considerations- Many future and current customers need to visit the "Mother Ship" to take plant tours, to have upgrades and repairs and to learn about changes within the Oliver Corporation.     Were we satisfied with the past campground?

2. Should OTT-17 be a OTT owner driven rally?  Owners would need to step forward to form a committee and do the logistical planning?

3. What activities would you like to see as part of OTT-17 ? By activities I am referring to such activities as Show & Tell your Travel Trailer, latest modification, travel discussions, etc

4. We will incur some expenses related to a rally.  How do we offset these expenses ?

5. We all want to see Oliver  prosper, to maintain the quality we have all come to enjoy and count on for future service of our Ollies.  How do we promote this and future rallies to encourage new owners, component and parts manufacturers to help maintain the quality, integrity and growth of Oliver ?

6. How can we make this a fun activity, a rally that offers assistance, knowledge and sharing so that future rallies will have more owners and future owners in attendance?

7. When - what time of the year should this be held ?  We should consider weather , our calendars , etc.

*** I am using OTT-17 because I got tired of  typing  " Oliver Travel Trailer rally 2017"  too much to type !!

please use the above as a general guideline when responding.  Feel free to add additional topics.

Coy

• Thanks 3

• Moderators

Coy -

Good idea on the new thread - thanks AND you've got some good ideas here.  I think that I've heard a nomination from the floor for Hardrock to spearhead this this!

Bill

p.s.  I'll get back to the Forum as soon as either Tommy or Anita get back to me regarding corporate interest and possible dates.

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Ann and I love to travel and share the experience with others. We had an experience at Flamingo Campground in the Everglades National Park last January. It seemed, in many ways like a Rally. There were, over a period of time, at least 10 to 15 fiberglass trailers in close proximity to us at the campground. No Olivers, but Many Casitas, a couple of Big Foots, Scamps etc. There was no formal Rally but we had a good time talking to each other and we showed our Oliver many times in the 10 days we were there, to fiberglass Owners and many others. Although we would enjoy a Rally with planned events we would also be inclined to participate in a "Gathering?", where a location was agreed upon, far in advance, so people could plan. Probably not the ideal for a Oliver Company Rally in Hohenwald where a more formal atmosphere would be the best. I'm just brainstorming here and thinking of small informal rallies happening regionally across the country. Maybe they could be done in different regions so Owners didn't have to travel so far and those of us that were traveling around the Country could find one that we could attend while on the road. They could be as informal as someone announcing on the forum that they will be at a Campground on a specific date and invite others to be there as well.                                                                                                                                                                                                                              That being said, we would love to participate in an Oliver Rally, like the first one. We try to visit our friends at OTT at least once a year anyway.

• Thanks 1

Grayson and Ann Cook

Northwest CT and Mid Coast Maine

2016 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed FP

Toyota Tundra, Extra Cab, Long bed, 5.7 V8

Yippee-i-o-ki-yah

• Moderators

Coy,

I've tried to PM you but that function is not currently working for me.  If its working for you can you PM me your email?

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Grayson,

I agree with you.  It would be great to do regional rallies in various parts of the US at different times and locations.  We all purchased our Ollies to travel  and this would be the perfect opportunity to do so.  We can do our once a year national rally near the Mothership and take the opportunities to travel to other parts of the US for regional rallies.

Lets focus on the national event for the upcoming year but also keep a focus on regional rallies.  I suggest the Northwest, Southwest, Northeast and for now the Hohenwald vicinity represent the Southeast.  Your thoughts ?

coy

Hello all I have been reading this and thought I would put a few cents in the slot machine. The Oliver's are planning another rally I believe for next year so I would give them some time to plan out their schedule probably into the first of the year for a date. The second thing is many of us over the last year have connected at some of the Fiberglass Rallies around the area such as Cherokee NC, Hiawassee GA, Outer Banks, Ohio Rally to name a few where at least 6 of us have circled the wagons with others in the Egg community. Throw it out there and others will look at their schedules and do as the get together in Everglades NP last year like charmerdr had happen, I do remember reading posts asking others to stop at the park last winter. Well just a thought and happy camping we pulled into Lliard Hot Spring on the Alaska Canadian Hwy in BC and what was there but one of the original 18's and spoke to the owners for a couple hours like fishing put it out there and see what bites. Thanks Gary

Gary & Jona

2016 Silverado 2500 Diesel

Legacy Elite II Hull 81 

ALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpgABBCMBNBNLNTNSPEQCSKYTsm.jpg.ba4d4f701cd53ebbd7ccf276c46a23eb.jpg

Great feedback Gary. I have wondered how the reception would be for Oliver owners at some of the other Egg Rallies.

I made an attempt to get to a Rally up on Lake MI last June, but was unable to make it. I did notice that the Bluebonnet Rally in Bandera, TX is at a time that might be convienient for Ann and I to get to this year, wee will try. We will be excited to see the 2017 Oliver Rally information start to come over the Forum, so we can set time aside and make plans.

To your point of various rallies around the country, It would give us (Ann and I) an opportunity to to see places we have not seen before, by making an effort to get to these Rallies in different parts of the country.

We will be in Flamingo Campground in Everglades National Park from Jan 16 through the 26th. Maybe we will see you there.

Have fun out there.

Grayson and Ann Cook

Northwest CT and Mid Coast Maine

2016 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed FP

Toyota Tundra, Extra Cab, Long bed, 5.7 V8

Yippee-i-o-ki-yah

Well I will try to plan on visiting Flamingo during that time the Mosquitos should be gone by then, I spend most of my time in the summer fishing the flats there staying in the cabins before Andrew redid the landscape. There are at least 3 or 4 of us Oliver's scheduled for the Hiawassee Rally in 2017. The Texas rallies are usually large and always welcome to all Fiberglass Campers we have been trying to make the Blue Bonnet Rally for a couple years. We were in Big Bend in Feburary and the Rally just outside the park was trying to get us to come on over I think there was one Oliver at the rally and 4 of us in Big Bend great park and area to visit. Last thought even if the Blue Bonnet is full get on the list and you can many time end up making the cut still best to register early but be quick and on time to be sure. Thanks Gary

Gary & Jona

2016 Silverado 2500 Diesel

Legacy Elite II Hull 81 

ALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpgABBCMBNBNLNTNSPEQCSKYTsm.jpg.ba4d4f701cd53ebbd7ccf276c46a23eb.jpg

• Moderators

The Bluebonnet was my first rally, back in the spring of 2008, just after picking up The Wonder Egg.  I found a warm and welcoming group of camping enthusiasts who desired to visit the new brand of trailer in their midst and share camping experiences and ideas.  Originally conceived as a Casita rally, it has morphed into a gathering of all types of fiberglass trailers.  Over the years, there have been as many as four Olivers in attendance.  Larry and Betty Harmon always make a big hit when they bring the traveling road show to town.  The rally is packed with optional activities that help you meet fellow travelers and learn more about this unique camping lifestyle.  We could all put faces to our fellow Ollie owners that we speak with here on this forum as well.

It might be an idea to have an "Ollie Swarm" there and show our growing numbers and unity within the fiberglass community.  OTT might even contact the Rally coordinators and offer some items for the raffle.  I think Larry might have done this before.  It is also done by Escape and Casita and is well received as friendly outreach.

Whataya think?  Will Oscar the Smiley Dog and I see ya there?

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
Whataya think? Will Oscar the Smiley Dog and I see ya there?

Pete, the first big Oliver we saw was at the Bluebonnet rally in 2014.  We can make the 45 minute drive to Bandera and be a part of the swarm!

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Some great ideas. Maybe Oliver would contact their suppliers who might come forward with some clinics, door prizes, and silent auction items. Insurance companies like Bordens love to set up booths and contribute$$$$. All this would need firm support from Oliver. And of course as for before and after publicity there are always magazines and web sites that love to be asked...

• 4 weeks later...