Issues Posting

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Thanks, Matt. Forum has been buggy and slowwww all week for me. Hope it works, and sorry for your over the weekend work...

We so appreciate your help.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 3 weeks later...

The site is extremely slow and bogged down. What is going on? It is unusable.

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Matt, I still have to turn off WiFi and use data to post. Thanks works ok.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

The site is extremely slow and bogged down. What is going on? It is unusable.

I agree with this statement, over the past several weeks it has become VERY unusable!

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

• Moderators

For what its worth - I had just about given up on the Forum.  I've been using Internet Explorer as my browser and decided to see if using the Google Chrome browser would make any difference.  With Internet Explorer I'd "load" several pages and then on about the fourth or fifth page I would get the "hamster in the wheel" - that little icon that shows a wheels just spinning and spinning while the entire computer world waits for a page to load.  After several minutes of watching the hamster I'd simply give up and go away.  With the Google Chrome browser the Forum is still relatively slow (as compared to the Fiberglass RV Forum for instance), but, at least the number of times I've been caught in the hamster wheel has decline considerably.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Most days its painfully slow, 30 seconds just to load a page on average, and the general discussion page is more often than not just a complete blank.

This occurs regardless of the browser I'm using, clearing the cache etc.  I'm using a Mac computer with 65 mbps server.

Unfortunately the little old hamster is using a walker these days :)

I get the blank page also.

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

• Moderators

Yup, if I try to post from WiFi FiOS 50/50, I get a blank.

I have to switch to mobile data, 3 to 4 g, to post. Block out WiFi.

Is my upload speed too fast to work? I'm going into the forum on chrom

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

Yup, mine goes to this screen every time. Just blank black, then I can hit recent topics to see what's new. Since Friday?[attachment file=47842]

Happy Camping,

null

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Yup, mine goes to this screen every time. Just blank black, then I can hit recent topics to see what’s new. Since Friday?Screenshot_2017-03-21-07-15-57

Same thing here.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

• Moderators

Funny, ion my phone, actually the activity wall comes up quickly. Everything else, not so much....

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Administrators

Just to give everyone the heads up... We finally hired me some help and we are in the process of building a new forum that works faster and better.

We are migrating posts, attachments, etc. now and should launch it first of next week. It will use the same logins everyone has now. It will not be much different, but will be faster and have all the tools need for moderators to ban/delete users and posts.

• Thanks 10

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

Great news, thank you. I hope it is not too late for those who got so frustrated that they quit trying. I am really, REALLy close to that point but I will hang around to see if the new one works like 99.99% of other websites, i.e.: normally!

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Hi Matt,

Thank you for all your good work.  Just one thought.  Kelly in the sales office might want to consider an email notice which she would send out to all the owners and prospective owners regarding the great news on the "new and improved" forum platform.  Most members who might have dropped out would probably appreciate the heads-up.  It sure doesn't hurt.

Buzzy

• Thanks 4

Buzzy

2016 Oliver Elite II - June 9, 2016
2016 F150 Lariat 3.5L EB, Max Towing

• Moderators

TaDaaaaaaaaa!  Way to go, Matt!!  Looking forward to the new forum platform with real moderator tools in case the forum ever gets bitten in the future.

Good job . . .

• Thanks 4

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Honestly, give us a week or so to work out the bugs.    Then, the mass email to members would be great.

I truly miss the interaction of the members with less patience who have dropped out . I can't blame them. Hasn't been easy for most of us.

Not for you, either. And, thanks for all your help.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

Tonight, I'm really happy. The forum is loading pretty quickly, I'm seeing some new faces posting....

And, yes, finally after several months, I can post on wifi.

My data is turned off, and I'm posting from my favorite device, in FiOS 50/50 wifi, on my phone!

Thanks, guys!!!

Sherry

• Thanks 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

Just to give everyone the heads up… We finally hired me some help and we are in the process of building a new forum that works faster and better.

We are migrating posts, attachments, etc. now and should launch it first of next week. It will use the same logins everyone has now. It will not be much different, but will be faster and have all the tools need for moderators to ban/delete users and posts.

Hi Matt and Helpers,

Thank you guys for all your great work. Our Forum appears to be working very well!

Buzzy

• Thanks 2

Buzzy

2016 Oliver Elite II - June 9, 2016
2016 F150 Lariat 3.5L EB, Max Towing

I will add, that whereas I primarily use my phone for access, the update to the quick links on the right is much appreciated. Now that it compresses when opening a topic and goes large on the main pages makes navigating and posting much easier.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

Al my past issues with slooooooooooow page loading (and complete hangups) are gone. The forums are now fast and easy to use, thank you. Will it stay this way?

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting so frustrated with this page that it's just rediculous! I go to copy and paste a link from another tab and this page resets itself and clears everything that I have written. Are we back to having to write everything in Word first then pasting the whole article at once? I can't even begin to count how many articles of mine have disappeared in the last month even after I've hit submit. Once again, I just clicked off for 2 minutes to select, copy, and paste something just to have it reset the typed dialog again to a blank page, loosing everything. Then it usually takes 3 or more tries to even get something to post correctly in the first place. I've had as many as 8 tries to get something to post unglitched...

This is the ONLY web page that has been giving me multiple problems like this!

Another post lost and once again, I refuse to rewrite it all over again because I really do have better things to do then to keep trying to post on this page just to watch it disappear or go to the "error on page" screen again and then reload to an empty page again...

Then I copy and save before hitting submit because... Will this be the next lost post? It's really getting old...

I'm to the point of "Why am I even here?", in the first place, when knowing that posting on here is a 40/60% chance of success...

Happy Camping,

null