Issues Posting

I've never had that happen to me.  Are you using an iPad/tablet?  If so, it could be a memory issue.  I know that with my old iPad, if I had multiple tabs open, or a few memory hogging tabs, then it would occasionally reload tabs when I switched back and forth.  It just didn't have enough memory to keep all the tabs active, so it would flush out an inactive tab to load the active one.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reed, I had that happen about a week ago. I had tried typing a response like three times, I finally said screw it and put it away for the night, figured I just wasn't meant to respond. When I came back the next day I didn't have any issues, I didn't however try to go back to that thread either. I haven't had another issue since. Maybe fate was just trying to watch out for you, were you trying to write about diesels again ; )

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

Countless times, multiple subjects... New topics... That was 2 days ago now... I'm giving it another chance :)

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

I have had some difficulties, especially when trying to post from my iPhone. Often times I have cookies blocked and I can't sign in until I remember that ????. I tried many times when signed in on my computer and iPad to attach a PDF file. I have never been successful. I am still trying to learn how this site works though.

Yvonne & Doug

2017 Legacy Elite II, twin bed

Hull #223

2017 Ford F-250 Lariat, crew cab

Being that we've been on the road for the last few months, I'm sure it has a lot to do with Verizon. They switched us to an unlimited data plan supposedly and said that it might get throttled after 22gigs. We've been hot spotting everything with my tablet because it has the best signal and found out last night that Verizon's been throttling everyone at 22gigs, no matter where they are or how many people are using it at the time. Their new great unlimited plan truthfully has some serious limits that they don't tell you about and the pages are now loading slow after 35gigs this last month of hot spotting. So I am rethinking how I post and will try one pic at a time for a while. It doesn't explain losing the Oliver DNS server that I get sometimes but maybe I'm just trying to post too many words and pics at once.

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a similar issue with a new Thread under General Topics.  I went back, found the post and did a cut and paste onto an email, so I had the text saved.  There could just be a delay, but when I hit Submit... it went blank.

I have a Mac computer.  Maybe that is the common cause...?

Well... this posted right away.  Lets see if an 'edit' is the problem.

Nope.  The edit works fine.  Maybe it is the New Thread takes time.  My title concerned Airstream and Oliver Trailers and still has not appeared under General Discussion... but shows I made the Post.  It could be the... competition feeling the heat of an Oliver passing them???

****It posted on this Thread.  You know that A*******M is watching this Thread and taking cues from Oliver trailer innovations!

****Oops.  It is now gone from this Thread.  I tried.

00404_41n2kunhDOO_600x450-3.jpg.ab8843ccff7fb2f70cdff303fe12fae7.jpg

Your post shows, but when you click on it, says not found.  Antivirus probably eliminated the post due to the word "Airstream".  Don't want to get infected by leaking seams on this forum. ????

GrayGhost

2015 Legacy Elite II Hull # 98

2020 F150 3.5 EcoBoost

• Moderators

Interesting, as your new forum topic shows up on the activity wall, but not here .

I had issues for months posting using my 50/50 FiOS connection with my Android phone and tablet. Mobile data, probably slower, worked fine, but drained my data allowance.

Could you please send mduncan and jwalmsley PM's with your equipment, browser, and data provider?

In the meantime, you might try my work around route. Try posting on mobile data vs wifi, or vice versa.

Eventually, they resolved my problem.

We appreciate everyone's participation.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

While viewing the Airforum website for Airstream Trailer owners, an interesting advertisement was among the mix.  Oliver Trailers!

Airstream owners and Trailer shoppers may find Oliver 23 and 25 foot trailers an excellent all around trailer.  I have yet to physically look at an Oliver II 25 foot trailer over, but some of the interior photographs I have seen give the brand... a BIG plus in my opinion.

The 'price point' is very competitive for an Oliver Trailer.  The interest of Oliver Trailers is breaking out of the Special Group of Owners and into the general trailer market.  The lengths are at the top of the 'bell curve' of most trailer owner's preference.  Not too small.  Not too big.  Just... right.  The width at 7 feet makes the Oliver an optimum Boondocking trailer, ON or OFF the Grid.

The Airstream 23 foot is 8 feet wide and the 25 foot is 8 feet six inches wide.

Fiber glass shell and insulation, just may, beat the aluminum shell with insulation to maintain a comfortable interior during cold, cool, warm and hot weather.

Fewer leaks of the outer shell.  Less expensive to repair fiber glass.  White fiber glass reflects heat.  No rivets in one of the two brands.  Yes.  I own an Airstream.  It is a fine trailer.  It holds its value over time.   Oliver... is RARE... but getting attention of those who know trailers.  Will the 'Big Trailer Manufacturers' focus on the Oliver as a coming... menace to their business?  Be proud of your Oliver Trailer.  I look forward of the day to Boondock Dry Camping with an Oliver for a great conversation and time Off the Grid.

Be well, fellow trailer owners, and expect Oliver Trailers to BEAT the competition as to quality, meeting  the highest standards.  Competition may make produce more inventory, but quality is sacrificed.  Quality is the best advertising a trailer manufacturer needs to be recognized as Number One in the Industry.  It speaks louder to everyone looking for something... new, innovative, practical and affordable.

A seven foot wide Oliver would make any narrow road cut... look, rather easy.

00404_41n2kunhDOO_600x450-4.jpg.e365c1ae1420de0906b4e2bb00500950.jpg

00404_41n2kunhDOO_600x450-5.jpg.1e45eab1c8e55581f7362ffd8d523c75.jpg