Casita Dean and the Invasion of the Egg People! :)

DeanCHS1980

Hi All,

In my quest to research everything RV related on my journey to our first egg camper, I discovered an amazing RV podcast about 16 months ago, RVFTA (RV Family Travel Atlas). Stephanie and Jeremy Puglisi have been producing the RVFTA podcast for just over two years. They RV 70 nights a year in their Jayco travel trailer with their three young boys. Despite Laura and I being new empty nesters, I was hooked on the RVFTA podcast, its content, and the wonderful energy and banter between Stephanie and Jeremy. We enjoyed the podcast so much that Laura and I took our college aged daughters on a 12 day camping trip to the RVFTA Spring Rally at Lake in Wood Resort in Lancaster County, PA in June. I have also been active with their forum that was created in January, 2016. I follow them on Instagram as well. Laura and I have been fortunate and have gotten to know Stephanie and Jeremy. I was honored and excited for them to ask to interview me about our journey into RVing and to our egg camper. Despite still thinking of myself as a newbie, I was so excited to be a part of their podcast and to talk about molded fiberglass egg campers.

I thought you might be interested in listening to the podcast episode that came out this past Friday.

Here is the link:

http://rvfamilytravelatlas.com/2016/11/rvfta-113-casita-dean-and-the-invasion-of-the-egg-people/#more-11709

Let me know what you think!

Take care,

Dean

P.S. - I realize our first egg camper is a new to us Casita, but Laura and I live about 2.5 hours from Hohenwald, TN. We attended the Fall Oliver Rally. Loved touring the plant, meeting the Oliver family, and meeting many Oliver owners as well as touring their Ollies and just spending time visiting with them. Laura and I are Oliver fans. I mention Oliver Trailers in the podcast. We hope to own an Oliver in a few years. I thought you might enjoy the podcast episode.

image.thumb.png.a8e50b8ac40689207ea0650059e3a9f0.png

• Thanks 1

Laura and Dean May | 2005 Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe | 2009 Kia Borrego Limited V8 2WD

• Moderators

Dean, I've listened to RVFTA off and on for a year or so.  Like Buzzy, I listened to it during my workout this morning.  I enjoyed the interview and it made it more interesting when you talk about folks we know!

We just finished up a 5 week trip east and on the way back spent a few days at Ouachita Lake SP outside of Hot Springs Arkansas.  On our 8-site circle there were 3 Casitas and an Oliver mixed in with some huge, triple axle 5th wheels.  I thought I'd found a Casita rally.  The Casita owners were very interested in our Oliver.

Thanks for the post.  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• 3 weeks later...
Dean, I’ve listened to RVFTA off and on for a year or so. Like Buzzy, I listened to it during my workout this morning. I enjoyed the interview and it made it more interesting when you talk about folks we know! We just finished up a 5 week trip east and on the way back spent a few days at Ouachita Lake SP outside of Hot Springs Arkansas. On our 8-site circle there were 3 Casitas and an Oliver mixed in with some huge, triple axle 5th wheels. I thought I’d found a Casita rally. The Casita owners were very interested in our Oliver. Thanks for the post. Mike

Hi Mike,

Glad you enjoyed the podcast! Wow, that looks like an amazing 5 week trip that Carol and you took! Very cool that your circle included 3 Casitas! I bet they were very interested in your Oliver!!! ;)

Take care,

Dean

• Thanks 1

Laura and Dean May | 2005 Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe | 2009 Kia Borrego Limited V8 2WD