Seeing an Oliver in FL??

technomadia

Greetings All -

We are getting ever closer to placing an order for an Oliver, but I would really love to have a chance to actually touch one first.

We are located in Melbourne, FL right now.

Anyone on this forum with an Oliver at all close? Are you willing to let us come by and take a look?

We're contemplating a road trip to the factory in Tennessee, but it would be nice to save the time and gas of a trip if we could find one closer...

Cheers,

- Chris // http://www.technomadia.com

• Moderators

I'll bet that someone in Fla. drops you a line soon. But a trip to the factory is a very cool thing that you will remember for a long time. We have been to the factory several times and each time we see new and different things that intrest us to no end.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

And I just left you msg on your battery posting!!! :roll::o

I shud be back in FL by early June, Sea Dawg is closer to ya'll and could probably give you and earlier viewing. They shud be online in a day or two!! I'm really int in yr solar and am a total neophyte regarding it. My girlfriend is also interested for her Casita and has 2 panels....MAYBE we could do the first ever Oliver/Fiberglass/Solar Rally!!! Do you know where Withlacoochee River Park is in Dade City?We have met there before, not too sure where Melbourne FL except east side?? :roll:

Chuck 8-)

• Moderators

Hi, Chris,

We just got back from about a week of boondocking in the Carolinas. Sorry we missed your eariler post... We don't have aircard (or much of anything else) on our trips up to Carolina... by choice. We love the quiet.

We're in Tampa Bay... so about 3.5 to 4 hours from you. You are certainly welcome to see our Oliver any time we're home. If you haven't already made the trip to Tennesee, let me know and I'll pm you phone #'s etc. We'll be home for at least a week and a half before we get on the road again.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Cherie and Chris,

The pleasure was all ours! Stop by anytime you're in town.... The beer garden opens around the same time each day!!! (Selection changes seasonally....)

Looking forward to camping with you guys when you head north, or any time..... Thanks for the technical tips... you two are both so bright and tech knowledgeable. Paull's still trying to talk me into Burning Man.... :D The desert just isn't my kind of place... but, who knows?

Sherry & Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

OK,

I thought it was because the wives' first names sounded the same (Cherie of Technomadia and Sherry of SeaDawg) that SeaDawg and his wife received such a glowing report from technomadia. The adolations are correct. We spent a wonderful time this weekend enjoying SeaDawg's hopitality and inspecting their Oliver. Actually, we also petted their Oliver. They claim the dog was named Oliver before they bought the trailer!

Dave and Julie

(DGMoke)

• Moderators

Dave & Julie,

Thanks for the kind words... but the pleasure is all ours.

A big part of the fun of camping and Oliver ownership is meeting so many nice people (including you two!). Camping seems to attract a lot of interesting folks, with interesting stories, and a little sense of adventure. We really enjoy our time giving tours of the Oliver, and especially enjoy our time in the state and county parks. We hope to see you both at one of them soon... Or, stop by any time you're in the neighborhood!

Sherry & Paul

(PS Our four-legged Oliver the cockapoo sends his greetings, too... He seemed to develop a special attachment to Julie right off the bat :P .... and yes, he was a member of the family long before we bought the two-wheeled Oliver. He's almost three now.... A very funny coincidence, don't you think?)

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4