Wooden dinette table

Mainiac

Pictured in a recent delivery I saw a wooden dinette table. It is the only one I have seen. It looks so much more durable, and better looking than the plain fiberglass. Also easier for a layman to refinish wear and possible burns from hot pans? How does one go about getting?

I am sure Oliver could work something out if you really wanted one. Or you could simply bolt a wood panel on top. Then you could unbolt it when it came time to refinish it. A local furniture shop could make one easily, in any style you like, if you don't want to build it yourself.

I am a little unclear about your reasoning. The whole idea of the Oliver design is to eliminate wood wherever possible, one of the things that makes it attractive to so many owners. I am hoping they will eliminate the wood drawers and use the modern, lighter, super durable composites instead. Wood sucks in an environment that can experience extreme humidity levels.

http://coosacomposites.com/products/2014-05-09-02-43-07/bluewater-panels

It's very expensive, but entirely suitable for a "legacy trailer" intended to last for many decades. With wood, whenever you pierce the external finish to install a screw or drive a staple, or scratch it, it provides an entry point for moisture, and then mildew and rot. Yuck.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Looking at the photos on facebook, I think the table looks great and it goes well with the standard wood accents.  I guess they didn't do the main table since it would have been too heavy to move when converting to a bed.

Is that a wood door where the microwave would go?  That's a cool idea if so.

I guess just shoot Oliver an email and they'll tell you if that's something they did or if it was owner supplied. The hardware I'm sure is the same.  I'd thought about getting Boos or someone to make a nice butcher block table but weight is an issue for us so that wouldnt have worked.  This table looks like it might be a bit thinner than butcher block so it might not add too much weight over fiber granite.

My thought on durability - for internal components, structural stuff, etc., sure. But for finishes, if that's what an owner wants, then who cares.  I think it looks fantastic.

Cute pup, too. Oliver seems to attract a disproportionate number of shepherds - clearly a reflection on the superior taste and intelligence of Oliver buyers.

• Thanks 1

I'm thinking it may just be a laminate to give a neat wood look. I wonder what they are doing on the outside, as they did not get the stripes or fake window.

Yeah, Shepards are the real deal, Gunner is the 4th one we have had so far. Great dog.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

That’s how we’re going to get ours. I don’t mind the stripes, but I think the trailers look really good just plain.

I agree. No matter how fine the graphic material is, it will eventually fray, fade and look scruffy. Then when you take it off, the white won't match - you are left with a ghost pattern.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.