Kayak Rack

rideandfly

Installed a U.S. Rack "Paddlers Rack" on the Tundra. Transport two 9.5' Kayaks. Once the racks were assembled, it takes less than 30 minutes to install or remove the racks on the bed track system. Found it to be easier (I have a bad shoulder) loading the Kayaks on this rack stepping into the pickup bed compared to loading Kayaks on the Thule racks on the Leer shell from the side of the Tacoma. This rack also leaves room, 47" from Kayak to bed, for two bikes in the pickup bed on another rack without removing bicycle wheels.

https://www.usrack.com/responsive/paddlers-truck-rack.php

• Thanks 1

LE2

Cool, that looks like a well designed and simple rack, both are good things.

Can you explain why you picked this particular brand?

Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Thanks John,

Most pickup racks are heavier construction for hauling heavy loads. My only use for these racks will be transporting Kayaks. Combined Kayak weight is under 100 pounds with tie downs straps & Yakima cross bar cushions.  The rack capacity is 300 pounds. My goal was a well built rack that was light weight and easy to remove. The cross bars are the same dimensions as Thule cross bars on the Tacoma. After installing and removing these racks, found the racks are easy to remove, light, and stores easily in the garage without requiring much space for two pieces.

Also plan to transport bicycles in the bed under Kayaks. The distance from the bottom of the Kayaks to the pickup bed floor is 47".  Our tallest bike is 44", will not need to remove bicycle wheels while transporting bikes on another rack below Kayaks.

LE2