ANNOUNCEMENT- OLIVER TRAVEL TRAILER RALLY 2017

hardrock

Please join us for the second annual Oliver Travel Trailer Rally May 5-7, 2017. The rally will be held at Natchez Trace RV campground, 1363 Napier Road, Hohenwald, Tenn. Reservations for the rally- (931)-796-3211. Please provide your name and the number in your party when making reservations so we can have an accurate headcount for meals, program planning and related activities.

We will have an exceptional program packed full of opportunities to meet other Oliver owners, learn more about your trailer, and network with Oliver staff and invited component vendors. The rally will begin Friday afternoon with hot dogs, hamburgers and all the trimmings. We have an opening session to introduce you to all the attendees, Oliver staff and special guests. We will view a video that will discuss some of the early beginnings of Oliver Travel Trailers and bring us up to today.

On Saturday, we will have planned sessions all day to interface with other Oliver Travel Trailer owners to learn about camping destinations, tricks of camping in your Oliver Trailer and many other subjects. You will have opportunity to meet with component suppliers and discuss the appropriate use of the component(s) in your Oliver Travel Trailer as well as problems you may be having. On Saturday evening we will celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a specially prepared Mexican meal followed with an open forum discussion with senior Oliver staff, component vendors and others to answer questions you may have. Throughout the rally, you will have opportunities to network with Oliver Travel Trailer owners, other fiberglass travel trailer owners, Oliver staff, component vendors and special guests. We are planning a rally that will be filled with information, networking opportunities, fun, food and entertainment.

Oliver Travel Trailer owners, fiberglass travel trailer owners and those interested in purchasing an Oliver Travel Trailer are invited to attend.

If you are an Oliver Travel Trailer owner and would like to volunteer to work on planning of the rally, we will be seeking assistance in the areas of communication, food and entertainment, and campground coordination. If interested, please send an e-mail directly to Coy Gayle at   gayleman@aol.com

We look forward to seeing you on May 5th for a great Oliver Travel Trailer rally so make your reservations soon!!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the announcement! I called the number provided--it's the number for the campground. The woman who answered said she hadn't heard from Oliver so she couldn't take my reservation. She suggested I call back next week. Please let people know, if possible, when the campground is ready to take reservations.

So glad the date is established. I was worried about a spring date because I have other travel plans, but these dates work for me. I'm looking forward to meeting many Oliver owners!

• Thanks 1

Don

2020 Kimberley Kruiser T3

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States I visited with my Ollie (Sold October, 2019)

States Visited Map

Sorry for the confusion.

Earlier today I notified the campground of our intent to have the rally at Natchez Trace.  It is a large campground with campsites near the lake, near the "Townhall" a large building where we will be having our meetings as well as other locations. They have fully furnished cabins and have recently added some new cabins for those that wish to attend the rally but may not have a travel trailer.

I have contacted the events coordinator and the campground manager.  They should have registration issues resolved in a day or two.  Thank you for your patience and look forward to meeting everyone at the rally !

Good to hear that a date has been agreed upon. Let the planning begin. Also glad to hear you are planning on being there Don Thompson, we look forward to meeting you. We do have plans for that time already in place but are going to try to move things around to get there. We are signed up for the "Spring Fling" in the White Mtns but that is not until the next weekend. Hope to see you all there.

• Thanks 2

Grayson and Ann Cook

Northwest CT and Mid Coast Maine

2016 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed FP

Toyota Tundra, Extra Cab, Long bed, 5.7 V8

Yippee-i-o-ki-yah

• Moderators

Everyone should know that this Rally (as opposed to the first Oliver Rally) is really an Owner's Rally.  Hardrock has already spent numerous hours in coordinating with the folks at Oliver and various campgrounds in trying to arrange dates, places, sponsorship, activities, etc.  A big thanks should be sent Coy's way for getting this thing off the ground!  And, since it is an Owner's Rally, if there is anything that you might want to see, do, or hear about, be sure to let Coy (Hardrock) know.

If there is anyway possible, I'll be there.

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Seems a good way to spend an early season weekend.  Nothing firm yet, but I expect we'll come to the rally then head on out on a northwestern adventure.

Mike and Elizabeth Smith

Snow Lake Shores, MS

2016 Ford F150 3.5 EB, max tow (20,900  miles pulling Ollie since Sept 2016)

GOOD NEWS

Natchez Trace Campground has agreed to offer us a 20% discount on campsites again this year.  ?To receive the discount, you need to mention you are attending the Oliver Travel Trailer Rally, give your name and the number in your party  (needed for planning purposes). There are lakeside sites available but for convenience you may want to request a campsite in the area nearest the Town Hall.  This campground is quite large.

GREAT NEWS

Oliver Travel Trailer Company will graciously and generously pick up a number of expenses for the rally.  Most of our meal costs that includes a BBQ  cookout ??Friday evening and a Cinco De Mayo Fiesta ?Saturday evening will be sponsored by Oliver Travel Trailers.  In addition, Oliver will pay the cost of the rental of the "Town Hall" where most of our meetings will be held.

A Big "SHOUT OUT" to Oliver Travel Trailers !  THANKS

Hardrock

• Thanks 3

Ann and I are registered for the Rally. We had to change our travel plans a little but are looking forward to it and will be using it as a westward kick-off trip. We plan on visiting some friends that recently moved to CO., one couple to Colorado Springs and another to Littleton.

It will be great to meet some of you and participate in our first Rally.

Grayson and Ann

Grayson and Ann Cook

Northwest CT and Mid Coast Maine

2016 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed FP

Toyota Tundra, Extra Cab, Long bed, 5.7 V8

Yippee-i-o-ki-yah

All

Oliver Travel Trailers invites all Fiberglass enthusiasts to attend the 2017 Oliver Travel Trailer Rally.  I have listed the rally announcement on the Fiberglass Forum.  If you have friends that would like to join our rally, please feel free to invite them.  We are all a part of the Fiberglass RV community and all are welcome to attend.

Coy

• Thanks 2

Wasn't certain of the schedule of activities, so Elizabeth and I are registered four nights (4th-7th).

Campground said they are not doing specific sites, but plan to block out an area for OTT Rally, then open it to us first come, first choice.

It been a long winter.

• Thanks 1

Mike and Elizabeth Smith

Snow Lake Shores, MS

2016 Ford F150 3.5 EB, max tow (20,900  miles pulling Ollie since Sept 2016)

Snowlakemike

I am glad you will be joining us at the rally.  Regarding scheduling, let me give you some feedback.

Our rally program officially begins Friday afternoon May 5th.  We will have scheduled programs that evening, Friday and all day and into the evening Saturday.  I would highly recommend everyone stay through Saturday evening.  However, we will have other opportunities before and after the rally. We have purposely scheduled the rally at Hohenwald, Tenn.  At our first rally, many Oliver owners scheduled maintenance, warranty and service work to be done before and / or after the rally.  On Friday before the rally began, the campground had Oliver technicans doing service work throughout the park, going from one Oliver to the next.  This was very convenient for Oliver owners and prospective owners.  Oliver had the latest models on display in the campground and some of the sales staff was available to assist future owners.  A tour of the Oliver factory was made available as well.  A number of attendees stayed past the weekend to do the above, visit Nashville, and drive Natchez Trace.  The point is, we have tried to make the rally as convenient, fun, educational and full of networking with other RV owners and enthusiasts, as much as possible.

Regarding making reservations for specific campsites I have requested that the campground reconsider their policy on no reservations for specific sites.  I will update everyone when I receive more information.

coy

• Thanks 2

Hi, We have booked in a day early at the CG. By then we should have had an Oliver for at least a week, and completed the break-in at Fall Hollow. We have had other RVs for a few decades so anticipate free time without problems. If you need volunteers to help newbies hook up, park, where sites were and so forth we would be glad to help.

We called today and booked. Rates seemed more than fair. A side note.  They are no longer a KOA (I didn't like the bright yellow anyway). So be sure to book through the CG number which is 1-931-796-3211, rather than a KOA web site. They use the Thousand Trails reservation system...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
Wasn’t certain of the schedule of activities, so Elizabeth and I are registered four nights (4th-7th). Campground said they are not doing specific sites, but plan to block out an area for OTT Rally, then open it to us first come, first choice. It been a long winter.

I called today.  Did the same - 4 nights (4th-7th).  Should be fun!

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Well, I'm going to miss the rally this year. Planning a lengthy trip to Europe. Leaving for London on May 6. A week in London, two weeks in Sicily, a week in Tuscany and a week in La Marche! The stop in London for a week is a recent addition to the trip and it conflicts with the Oliver Rally. I was very excited about meeting so many Oliver owners--maybe 2018.

Don

2020 Kimberley Kruiser T3

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States I visited with my Ollie (Sold October, 2019)

States Visited Map

NOTICE-CAMPGROUND CHANGE

I have noticed that several rally attendees reported that the campground is not taking reservations for specific sites. This is contrary to one of the goals of our rally.  We want to be able to socialize as a community and if we are spread out over three phases of the campground, it will be very impractical.  I have spoken to the campground manager and he has agreed to allow us to make reservations for specific sites.  If you have made reservations, or need to make reservations, you may now request a specific site by contacting the campground.  Please tell them the campground site you desire.  You can complete your reservations by calling campground reservations at 931-796-3211

We will be camping in Phase 1. There will be less long-term campers in that area. There are no full hookups but there is electric and water at each site. There is a dump station in the middle of the camp area along with a bathhouse and laundry. This area also includes a nice play area and shuffleboard.  Sites to choose from are 1-21, 78-94, 118-130, 125-156, 51-56, with the exception of sites 122 and 78. Those are the only two sites that have long-term campers in verses approximately 120 annuals in phase 2.

In the near future I will begin posting information on the schedule of the Oliver Travel Trailer Rally.  For planning purposes,  attendees should be in attendance at the Town Hall on Friday May 5th.  We will begin promptly at 5PM with a hamburger / hotdog cookout and side dishes.  We will have a presentation and discussion that evening.  The town hall is reserved all day Friday and Saturday for rally attendees.  You are encouraged to come to the Town Hall earlier to socialize and meet fellow rally campers.

Saturday morning we have breakfast beginning at 7:30 in the Town Hall.  Please bring your favorite breakfast item (s) to share.

We have programs planned all day Saturday.  We will end Saturday evening with a Cinco de Mayo weekend Mexican food festival and an Open Forum Q&A discussion with Oliver Travel Trailers.

I will post more information on the rally as we develop each phase of the rally program.  I look forward to meeting each of you at the rally. if you have specific questions, Please PM me.

Coy Gayle

• Moderators

We have received additional information from the campground manager. Below are some photos the manager sent, as well as a map with the specific area reserved for the Oliver Rally. We are in Section 1, yellow colored sites in the map, circled.

Thanks

coy

Unless, once again, I missed something, I do not see a circled map here.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"