ANNOUNCEMENT- OLIVER TRAVEL TRAILER RALLY 2017

hardrock

• Moderators

Bosker and I shall be there, 4-7 May.  Looking forward to meeting more of the Ollie family and other fiberglass enthusiasts.

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Have reservations but no spot as yet. Will get tomorrow. I guess we may be the first non-ollie campers to join you this year but we are long time followers of Oliver. I am Dennis Lee (airbusdriver) in a Casita SD 17 and my traveling amigo is Ron (Hutch) Hutchison in a Casita SD 17. We are generally solo campers but trying to get our better halves to join us this time. Will advise what spots when we get them. Cheers.

• Thanks 3

We had reservations that were just "we'll give you a site, first come first served" when you get here type thing. We called to see if we could lock down someplace specific and low and behold--- they had already done it. We talked with a young Lady there and very nice, easy to talk with, and a true professional. The start to what promises to be a fun weekend...

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

We have made tremendeous progress planning the 2017 Oliver Rally.   Matt Duncan has created a portal for the rally on the Oliver Home Page.  If you look carefully at the header, you will see "Rally" listed.  Click on the icon.  We will be regularly posting additional information on the website, as we develop each phase.

Please check this website regularly !!

THANKS

• Thanks 2

My wife and I don't currently own a travel trailer but are in the market. Is the rally someplace we can attend to get information and walk-throughs? Will Oliver have models to show off?

Looking at an Oliver Legacy Elite or Elite II

Looking for a Toyota Tacoma that can pull it (maybe)

• Administrators

We have update the Rally page with the Agenda and ask anyone wanting to submit questions or concerns for our Feedback Presentation on May 6th to do so by April 15th. This will give us some time to put our presentation together.

http://olivertraveltrailers.com/rally/

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

• 4 weeks later...

All

We currently have 79 travel trailer enthusiasts registered for the second annual Oliver Travel Trailer Rally. We have a good mixture of Oliver owners, other Fiberglass travel trailer owners and individuals interested in travel trailer ownership.

All are welcome to attend the rally. Please visitthe Oliver webpage and click on the rally tab to to see updates posted on a regular basis.

We look forward to seeing you in May at the Oliver Travel Trailer Rally !

• Thanks 3

Hi,

I signed up to help Coy at the Rally  with coordinating the food.  Since now we are looking at over 89 people attending I think we might need some others to sign up with helping dish out the food to help the lines flow and a little clean up at the end (NO washing dishes :) )

Meals are:   Friday evening 5pm-  need 5- 6 servers on the line

Saturday Breakfast 7:30 am  - POT LUCK - need 6 to help organize the food and set up (if you know what you are bringing let me know)

Saturday Lunch 12:00 pm -  Subway - need 4 to help set up and organize

Saturday Dinner 6:00 pm - Mexican Dinner - need 6 to help organize and set up

If you would like to help out just message me on the forum or email me and I will sign you up....its all light duty and a chance to make some new friends and spread some cheer.

Thanks and looking forward to sharing a fun time.  Kathy  (kgoodusav@yahoo.com)  please put Oliver Rally in your subject line

• Thanks 1

Dallas, Texas

Legacy Elite II  Hull #77

Toyota Tundra Crew Max 1794

• 2 weeks later...

All

We now have more than 100 attendees scheduled for the rally !

This rally is open to all. We will have a trailer "open house" to show off your individual trailers.  We will have a competition Saturday afternoon and prizes will be awarded for those trailer(s) receiving the most votes.  If you want to be a part of the competition, dress up your trailer and open it to those that want to view.  The competition is open to all trailers, not just Oliver Travel Trailers.  We have lots of activities, food and fun planned. To recieve the discount for campsite or cabins,  be sure to mention that you are a part of the Oliver Rally when making reservations.

• Thanks 1

Such a bummer I can't make, be sure to take lots of pictures of all that's going on. Sounds like it should be a great event.

Congratulations Hardrock for setting up, promoting and coordinating what seems like the first really major display of the OTT family.

• Thanks 1

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

Grandpa

I am happy you are joining us. I hope that you do not have to cancel, but if you do, please send me a private message via the Forum

If you need a place to stay, I reccomend you contact the Natchez Trace Campground to make reservations for a cabin.  They have basic rustic (cheap) cabins to water side upscale cabins.  Be sure to mention you are coming for the rally and you will get a discount for the cabin.

Look forward to seeing you there

coy

• 2 weeks later...

I want to say "THANK YOU" to all that attended the second annual Oliver Travel Trailer Rally. The event was held at the Natchez Trace Campground and was well attended.  We had in excess of  40 trailers and 165 attendees.  Based upon the very positive feedback in the evaluation forms that we did for each activity, everyone was able to enjoy the rally ad learned a number of things that will serve you well when camping.  I want to thank:

1. Randy and the Natchez Trace campground staff for their support

2. Melissa McDonald and  her group from the campground for cooking and serving our delicious meals.

3.Kathy Goodlet and her team of volunteers for setting up the dining area, serving the food and cleaning up after each meal.

4.  Jeff Zarle for coordinating all of the vendors and their activitiees

5. The vendors that sponsored the rally, attended the rally and provided valuable information that as Oliver owners, we needed to hear, and for their generous donations of the wonderful door prizes

Thanks to Jason Walmsley for coordinating the music provided by Kenny Durham.

There was a huge amount of communication that needed to occur before during and after the rally. Documents, announcements and banners had to be printed, rally tee shirts ordered and the list goes on.  Matt Duncan was the driving force behind all of this while doing his day job of maintaining the Forum website and other valuable support. THANKS MATT !

Most of all, we all thank Oliver Travel Travel Trailers for their major sponsorship of this rally. Thanks, John and Scott Oliver and all of the wonderful Oliver staff for making this such a successful rally.

Coy Gayle

Hardrock

• Thanks 3