Honda EU2000i generator

• Moderators

We looked at generators at wisesales.com At the time, they offered free shipping on Honda and Yamaha generators... and really good prices. We wound up buying a never used Yamaha 3000 here in Florida from someone who had bought it from, coincidentally, Wise sales, who installed a whole-house generator system. We also bought a little Honda 1000i from Northern Tools for a very good price (and at the time, they offered price match if you found it cheaper elsewhere). We use the Honda 1000i when boondocking to top off batteries once or twice a day. It won't run the AC, but we can use the furnace, inverter for computer and cell phone chargers, water pump,fans, electronic ignition on the refrigerator, etc. (And Paul watches a DVD almost every night...) The 1000i is small, very quiet, and I can pick it up with one hand. I think it weighs less than 30 pounds, seems to run forever on a gallon of gas, and it fits under the ATV in the pickup bed, which the 3000 won't. The 3000 is very heavy, but powers everything. Sorry, can't give you info on the 2000 specifically. But, I think some people on the forum have 2000 or 2400's with smaller A/c units... I'm sure they'll read and chime in.

Sherry

PS Wise Sales had an ebay store, too. Might try there.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

"Ding . . .Dong . . ."

My EU2000i came from Camping World - I got it there with a 10% discount card when I made my initial outfitting purchases. My A/C unit is a Coleman 9200 btu unit and she powers it up just fine, at 800 ft pressure altitude. In September, I'll be fishing in Gunnison, CO with an elevation around 7700 ft. If I experience any problems, I'll be sure to post it.

• Like 1

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Hi,

I have a propane converted Honda 2000 that I have NOT used with my Oliver as yet BUT it ran all 120v stuff on Caita at same time EXCEPT the A/C. It will run the A/C ONLY but all other 120v must be off...popping popcorn AND the running A/C won't work!!! :o Make sure that frig is turned to LP Gas also.

Also got from Wise Sales and if you mention Casitaforum they used to give free charging cord. The 2000 was bought from them as a std gasoline gen and converted later.

Chuck 8-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A Honda EU2000 converted to work on propane sounds like a perfect match for the Oliver, particularly since it will save us needing to carry a gas canister around.

How quickly does the EU2000 burn through propane?

Where did you get your propane conversion kit?

Have you had any issues with your setup?

Thanks!

Hi Chris n Cherie!

Got the kit from US Carburation on the Web. If you can't find it, let me know. Had my local independant propane dealer do the conversion and they did a great job. Propane produces about 8-10% less power than gasoline and less as you go to high altitude 5-6000 ft+ (as does gasoline) but when ya' get that high, who needs Air Conditioning(my thought). As I haven't used it with Ollie, can't give useage but seemed economical. Would order the 9700btu AC though as the cycling is what stresses out the 2000. Had a 13,500 on Casita and it defineatly chugs. See Casita Club for into on a soft start kit that I will prob have installed. Will ONLY power Air by itself or will power all else when air off. Cherie, you can't use your haircurler when Air Conditioning ON!!!!!

Feel free to ask any other questions!!

regards, Chuck 8-)

• Like 1