Proper Jack Procedure for Removing Tires and/or Lubing on Elite 23

donbob3

I have an Elite 23 with Dexter EZ-Ride.  Dexter says don't put floor jack on round axle.  OTT says don't put floor jack under alum frame.  Do I use 2 of the built-in jacks or do I use all 3?  There seems to be limited places to use the floor jack.  Have I missed some guidance in the manual.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

• Moderator+

Make sure to put your floor jack under the steel channel that the suspension is attached to.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

I crawled under the trailer yesterday and it was not obvious to me where I could place a floor jack.   I am just curious what approach other owners are taking.  It looks like a heavy duty bottle jack in conjunction with the front jack and one wheel jack would work but    I would prefer a floor jack for its stability  (unsure of its placement).

Oliver trailers are designed to be lifted by their own jacks, the only caution would be lifting one too high on its own, so as to not twist the frame too much, so use both in the rear or all three as desired. The three built in jacks provide 9000lbs of lifting capacity (together).

Oliver only warns against extended time on them, as in storage situations.

I replaced my original Dexter setup out to EZFlex with the two rear jacks, no problem.

• Thanks 2

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

• 2 years later...

@Try2Relax:

I agree on the Jacks.

My practice is to leave Ollie attached to my tug.  I make sure it is in park and the truck emergency brake is set and exit the vehicle and LOCK IT.  I then take  my chocks and put them on the tug.  By having the bulldog fully engaged, and my tug chocked,  I know that the trailer/Tug are NOT going to move.  I then use both  of my rear trailer jacks to raise the trailer in a level manner.

Other than violate the current owner's manual on this topic, do you see any other "Gotcha's" that I may be missing?

Thank you,

• Thanks 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

Sorry, just saw this. That sounds great.

When I replaced the suspension/greased the bearings (level in driveway), I'd forgotten the inner seal (1st time doing) and it was up on its jacks for more than 24 hours, without wheels, no problems, as a precaution I lowered it to it's lowest level and placed lumber cornerways under the rear frame (just in case).

In my opinion, placing any kind of jack under an Ollie would be more of an emergency situation, than what I did above.

• Thanks 1

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69