Vintage Fun

SeaDawg

• Moderators

Just for fun, I took a little trip down memory lane today.... I found this website of a California man who renovates (and modernizes) vintage travel trailers from the thirties, forties, fifties, and sixties. Anybody else remember some of these from our childhood?

http://www.vintage-vacations.com/pastclients.html

My favorites are the '61 Airstream Globetrotter, the '53 Southland Runabout... and that very cool '46 Spartan Manor with the wraparound kitchen....

I'm thinking 50 years from now somebody will be proudly posting photos of her '08 Oliver.. They're surely built to last.... l

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 1 month later...

On the travel channel, Chuck and I watched a show called "Tin Can Travelers". It was all about vintage travel trailers and even a few home made ones. It was on again the other night so apparently they re-run it often... keep an eye out for it, it's worth watching!

Geri

• Moderators

I'll have to watch for that TV show... I'd love to see it.

Here's another collection of albums of some great vintage trailers....

http://vintagetrailercrazy.com/index.html

At least one of these trailers has been featured in the TV show you mentioned, Geri.

My favorite of this collection? Tough choice... The little yellow and white '57 Corette is so me .... love the geometric linoleum and the cracked ice dinette.... But that '55 Boles Aero Ensenada would look pretty cool next to the Oliver, too....

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.