Buzzy's picture

topgun2

• Moderators

Inquiring minds want to know!  What's with the change in Buzzy's picture?  While there is not THAT MUCH difference I kind of liked the hairier one better.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Buzzy,

I suspected that the change was not a good omen.  I too am sorry that you have lost the physical presence of a friend, but, I'm certain that he is still with you.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderator+

Little Buzzy is now at the Rainbow Bridge with all the Oliver dogs that have gone before him.  Our Storm and Maggie, Pete's Oscar, Mountainborn's Dillon and others I'm sure that I overlooked and are missed by their owners just as much as we all do ours.

Rainbow-Bridge-Gate.jpg.b136401218b159a79dbda3a134ffb482.jpg

Just this side of heaven is a place called The Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to The Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross The Rainbow Bridge together....

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Buzzy,

We too are sad to hear of Little Buzzy. 14 years, WOW! That's a long time with a companion and we know you gave him a great life few dogs get. You nursed him till the day of his passing. A dogs best friend you are!

Malcolm and Ursula Monlezun

Malcolm and Ursula M.

2017 Legacy Elite II Hull # 204 "Olivia"

2016 Ram 2500HD Diesel 4x4

• Moderators

Buzzy, so sorry for your loss.  I totally understand where you are, as my 13 1/2 yr old buddy, Oscar, passed two weeks ago of congestive heart failure.  May your healing be easy.

Pete

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Pete,

What a shame it is to hear this.  My first remembrances of you are actually not of you, but, of Oscar.  Your Oliver must seem so empty but yet so full (of memories) of the wonder dog.

Bill

• Thanks 1

Our condolences Buzzy :( but the good thing is that Oscar will always be remembered in your movies, where he's at your side :)

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Hi Buzzy-

Very sorry to hear about your buddy. I suspected as much when I saw the change in photo. Lost our 14yr old pal this summer, but we are now accompanied by a new youngster 5 months old. A lot of work, but a lot of fun.... headed to Apalachicola area (St. Joseph Peninsula State Park) in a couple of weeks for her first trip in Ollie. ?

GrayGhost

2015 Legacy Elite II Hull # 98

2020 F150 3.5 EcoBoost

Sorry for your loss Buzzy, I lost my friend Murphy last year. We were together for 11 years, it's a very difficult thing to go through. Thanks for the rainbow bridge story Steve, I can now look forward to seeing my buddy Murph again.

Grayson and Ann Cook

Northwest CT and Mid Coast Maine

2016 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed FP

Toyota Tundra, Extra Cab, Long bed, 5.7 V8

Yippee-i-o-ki-yah

My deepest condolences Buzzy. We have two multi-generational Australian Labradoodles - Zadie and Zack are definitely a big part of the heart and soul of our family. For some reason you make much stronger attachments to dogs than to any other animals, except maybe horses.

There is only one solution, go look for a puppy! If you are not set on a specific breed, these are simply outstanding pets!

http://www.bluestarlabradoodles.com/aboutmain.aspx

Puppy pics:

http://www.bluestarlabradoodles.com/pastlitters.aspx

Hey, check out my new signature!

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

I'm so sorry, Buzzy. A home without your dog is just so quiet and lonesome. Our four-legged pals bring an abundance of joy to our lives.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hi Buzzy,

Sorry to read of your loss. Thinking of you and your's. We are firm believers , that we will all be together again.

John & Cheryl

46f0z723tticiap3yww5tx2glqxh4pmy.jpg.ff49d4d56760d151286eef063f20b7ec.jpg

New Hampshire residents.

2016 Chevy Silverado 1500, Crew Cab, LTZ/short box, 5.3L Ecotec3 V8 w/ tow/haul mode /20 inch wheels

Retirement ( 12-31-2017)  

8/25/2019, we purchased the previously owned “2017 Oliver Elite ll  Hull #170, Standard King Bed, Solar package, Nature’s Head Composting Toilet and all the extras”! 

Hi Buzzy,

I have been interested in Australian Labradoodles as well. We have a very well-respected breeder in our neighborhood. I doubt that you'll be interested in travelling to Iowa to pick up a puppy, but check out the website for a lot of good information. I think it's important to vet a breeder carefully to avoid buying a puppy that may develop serious health problems. Here's a short statement from the Iowa breeder:

"A recognized Australian multi-generational Labradoodle Iowa Breeder, Heartland Labradoodles is proud to be a long-standing 10 year member of the ILA/ALAA and current recipient of both the Silver and Gold Paw Awards."

The ALAA (Australian Labradoodle Association of America) certifies breeders. Check out their website as well to find a breeder near you.

The website for the breeder I know is http://www.heartlandlabradoodles.com/. I've visited the breeder and have "met" their breeding females. They are great dogs!

Don

Don

2020 Kimberley Kruiser T3

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States I visited with my Ollie (Sold October, 2019)

States Visited Map

Hey John, Thank you for the info concerning multi-generational Australian Labradoodles. It sounds like breeders have various size dogs and various coats on the dogs. Can you describe Zadie and Zack? I would guess they like hikes, camping, sitting around the campfire?! I really like the characteristics of this breed. I know the day will come when I am ready for a new pup, just not sure when. I can not imagine sitting around the campfire without a dog by my side. Been reading about the Australian Labradoodles all morning.

Hi Buzzy,

Zadie (female, white with apricot patches) is approaching 7, Zack (male, white with gray/ black patches) is 3. We originally acquired Zadie as a host family - we agreed too keep her as our own at no cost and the kennel would breed her once a year for up to three years. She had three litters, Zack came from the last. We then assumed legal ownership of Zadie at no cost, but we had to buy Zack at the regular puppy price.It is an interesting concept but hosting a fertile female is NOT for the faint hearted, and only works if you live close to the breeder and are on very good terms with him.

dco9l70wm5yomskvrbn2munqvr6ss48w.jpg.cedfe007e630e3e236fbed99f87e4f9d.jpg

xg6wqktrzv8m3bolqihemcibk98y5fws.thumb.jpg.71ba419377f49dcb94f381d0aecc4ac5.jpg

36ypnlv96s7ibbw5b6bygrjmtw6tdns7.jpg.b23699d54dee4c8c04a7f4be9a402164.jpg

niy3fgk6bxtdhq84d4390ioyit9ks495.jpg.0a7fdff05387211637186d139bae2767.jpg

Both our dogs have the ultrasoft fleecy coat, which looks and feels great but it requires some regular attention with a brush. The fur is hypo-allergenic and non-shedding, but you do get little dust bunnies on the floors after three weeks. They do not dump fur in vast piles like many breeds. They need to be professionally groomed every couple of months. Th fleecy fur balls up with ice in winter and is not a great choice if you plan to go skiing with your pet.

Typical selling price is now about $2700, which is high enough to keep away those buyers who are not serious. Most kennels have waiting lists and you can't just pop by and get one.

It is prudent to buy from a well established kennel that is dedicated to socializing the puppies and improving the breed through very selective DNA testing (Labradoodle to Ladradoodle  - Multi-Generational, not Poodle to Lab - First Generation). One that has the puppy rooms located inside the residence is by far the best. Our kennel is Blue Star Labradoodles in Pasco WA, and after 8 years she is finally starting to break even but she has only had three or four litters a year - the higher volume kennels can actually make money on this. You really need to be wary of new puppy mills.

If you think you would like an Australian Labradoodle, I suggest that you call some local breeders and ask if you can be contacted by some of their buyers so that you can visit. If you can find a Doodle Romp in the Spring, that would be excellent:

Either of the two Labradoodle organizations can help you find a good kennel.

https://alaa-labradoodles.com

http://www.australianlabradoodleclub.us

These are truly wonderful companions. We took Zadie on a three week road trip vacation just after we picked her up, and she loves traveling and being in challenging situations. Zack did not get that "break - in" and is much less comfortable away from home. If you want a pet to share your Oliver lifestyle, get a puppy and hit the road ASAP.

Labradoodles are often used as therapy dogs because they are so good natured and they feel so good to touch and cuddle. If started early, they can be trained to be great lap warmers.

Ours are both Medium dogs that weigh about 38 pounds and stand about 22 inches at the shoulder. Zadie has more poodle in her appearance while Zack has more Lab in him, with a broader muzzle and deeper chest.

I suggest a Miniature or a Medium. The full sized versions can get huge and they may be a handful in close quarters. Most breeders will ship a puppy, ours sent one to Scotland last year. But I think finding a kennel nearby is best so that you can develop a personal relationship with them, and visit the place for an inspection and puppy fix before deciding.

Thanks for the comment about my signature. I am so happy to finally be moving beyond the visitor status into Ollie Ownership.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Take your time.  I'm sure when and if the time is right and you find the right one, you'll know it.

When we lost our pup, the question of adopting another was inevitable I suppose.  I think my wife would definitely do that if it were only up to her.  But he and I were really close, and while I did miss having a dog, I also missed him.  And I couldn't shake the feeling that it was something of a betrayal to "replace" him (as if that were even possible).  It's been while now, but I still feel that way.  In time, I'm sure it will happen, since I feel absolutely incomplete not having a pup around - but I think it will be a while.

John, Your dogs look amazing! Thank you for sharing all the great info. I particularly enjoyed watching the YouTube video on the Doodle Romp. There are a number of breeders in New England and the typical price is $2800.00. (I do want to buy local so I can understand the breeder.) Demand is extremely strong so the breeders typically charge a $500.00 non refundable deposit to just get in queue. In essence you do not know when or what you will get. (Need to give that some thought.) If I knew I could get a dog like Zack, I would do it in a heart beat. I might need a back-up plan. Buzzy

Buzzy, I would never go where I had to give a non-refundable deposit and especially if I had no choice! Blue Star requires a $500 fully refundable deposit which puts you on the list. You get to choose a puppy from the current litter, your list position determines your priority. If you don't like any of the available puppies you can wait for the next batch and be at, or near, the top of that list.

Just because these dogs are in high demand, there us no call for unpleasant and aggressive tactics by the breeders. You could always bring your Ollie out here for a visit and go to Pasco to look at some pups..... My driveway is available if you want a free spot.

Maybe you could email Carol Stover and ask here if she has any recommendations for the Northeast. Tell her I sent you.

http://www.bluestarlabradoodles.com/purchasing.aspx

I have to warn you, the day that you are sitting on the couch at a breeder's house and a hoard of six week old Doodles comes swarming onto your lap, you are lost.... It is a heart warming experience.

John Davies

Spokane WA

I do appreciate all of that, so thank you.

I can especially understand your decision to look for a different breed.  I'm not sure I could do that myself.  For me, there are German Shepherds and then there are other people's dogs.

And then there are other people's German Shepherds, which all should be mine though I accept that they're being cared for adequately while I'm taking a break.

We are German Shepard people, we have our 4th one now. # of them came at no cost to us, and 2 have been ones that were unwanted by their owners. Their are really loyal and quickly attach to one person, that would be me of course. But they do have that herding desire. When we had horses, they got kicked numerous times, and now with the tractor, Gunner either is biting at the tail wheel of the mower or running out in front of the tractor. Really need to keep a close eye on him, but that's what he does. The down side to Shepards is the hip problems and a relativity short life. We love em while we have em, but Gunner will be our last one.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• Moderators

Buzzy, great information!  Finding the right canine companion is a very personal endeavor and I like your thoroughness.

We are dogless right now.  We had a German Shepherd and my mother (lives next door) is on her 5th or 6th German Shepherd.  My parents always used a reputable breeder and have had great dogs.  We went from a German Shepherd to a Bichon Frise (a small 9 lb ball of white fluff).  My dad used to call her the pseudo-dog.  No shedding, great little companion and easy to travel with.

Our grand dogs are rescue dogs.  When our son and his wife were deployed to Afghanistan we kept them for 2 years.  These dogs are obviously mixed breed but are smart and great companions (and free).  Here's a pic from when we had them last month for a couple of weeks.

cct9bg1t30dtpzva5s7nqsngydfozwf2.jpg.e3f35ae436e44ea2028b9bf8e0f1aef9.jpg

Good luck on finding a new companion.  Little Buzzy will always be a special memory and your new one will be a new adventure!

Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS