Please delete

J-Rhett

Why?

Me too? This doesn't make any sense, especially for those who wish to avoid the cesspool that is Facebook. Pardon me, that is my personal opinion...

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I'm sorry, but I won't be joining your FB group, I'm one of the ones that won't go near it (FB). While you may consider the group "closed" that is only to regular people doing general things, anyone doing anything on FB has to agree to all the terms which means they and all their partners, subsidiaries, etc... can access anything they want and use it for whatever they want under the guise of "marketing". Just like you can download any app from the store, but you can't use it until you agree with ALL its permissions. The fact that FB continually "updates" their policies, thus requiring users to re-opt out of privacy restrictions and then burying them in new locations the user has to find, to me indicates the nature and ways of their business.

So if anyone is looking for me, I'll be here and as has been done already, sweet talking Anita will get you direct access if required. Another way one can go about it, click on their "want to see you trailer" provide YOUR information and then they can contact you, this would indicate a true desire and willingness to "go first" in the sharing of personal information.

Good luck with the group though.

• Thanks 1

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

I still don't see the reason why.  If someone joins your Facebook group, then you can contact them.  That was supposed to be the point of the group, and you don't need their name to do so.  And if someone doesn't want to join the Facebook group, then your having their name and hull number doesn't do anything.  You still can't contact them.  That is, unless you later ask for their phone number, address, credit card, social security number and name of their first pet.

The problem of having private info on Facebook is that (closed group) or not, people you don't know will have access to the info and can repost that info somewhere else or otherwise use it however they want.

If someone wants to be mayor of Oliverville, then good for them - go off to Facebook and elect yourself mayor if that's what you need to do.  On the other hand, and a bit more charitably, it seems that the people pushing the Facebook group are a few relatively new owners who joined the forum right when it was in the middle of a transition and so maybe got a bad first impression of the place.  I'm not an owner yet myself, so count me as one of the scary guests with his (her?) 'complex hidden name'; but I've hung out of the forum for over a year now, and it seems like it does the job it needs to do.  So my advice, for what it's worth, is to just chill a bit and if after a while you still feel the need to have your own space, then go for it.  But frankly, the fact that you're having to do a little song and dance every few weeks to push for people to join tells me that the need really isn't there.

• Thanks 2

I don't intend to argue about social media, but a quick Google search of the term "Facebook security risks" should be enlightening to those who think their personal inforation is safely isolated by the "Closed Group" banner...

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

The Oliver Trailer Owners on Facebook have a list going with the name or names of the owners and the hull # of our Ollies. You don’t have to join Facebook, but we would like your permission to have and use your real name and Oliver Travel Trailer Hull #. OK? The most simple way to do this is for YOU to go to Facebook if you are a member or have a friend that is a member to Post your Names and hull # by FB msg. To Reed Lukins. Also, you can private msg me on here with your info. NOTE: The Oliver Trailer Owners group is a closed group and therefore your information will not be public. YOU have to be an Oliver TT owner to join the group. Yes, I know some of you don’t have the time or want to make the effort to join facebook, for some it’s a reason of privacy and of course, some other reasons. Thanks for you time and effort! J-Rhett

NO, do not use any of my information on your Facebook account!!!

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

Hello everyone,

As the admins of the Facebook group in question, We would like to clarify that we are not trying to build up a database of owners that are not in our group. We DO NOT want your name, hull or permission for the Facebook group. Though J-Rhett means well and is excited to be a part of the Oliver family, he is not an admin in the Facebook group and we have not requested any such information to be solicited in this forum.

This forum is and will always be the main go to source for all thing Ollie. Our group is a social group period and is not trying to compete with the official Oliver forum in any way. Please accept our apologies if anyone was offended by this well meant but inappropriate post by sweet J-Rhett.

If possible, maybe an admin in this forum could delete this thread as it is inappropriate to be requesting info of the members of this forum.

Thank you,

Reed & Karen Lukens

• Thanks 2

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

I agree, I joined the FB site, but am going to cancel. I see photos taken from the forum and reposted, with different names and credits, on to the FB site. If plagiarism is this rampant in the supposed name of speed and is a closed site, how secure is it really? Especially as they want all your information. No thanks...

• Moderator+

Since this topic seems to have inadvertently caused some dissension among our ranks and at the request of several participants, I have decided to close it. I know nobody meant to offend anyone and I hope no hard feelings have developed between the owners that regularly post here.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg