Wheel Bearing kits

topgun2

Thank you guys for the comments and words of encouragement.

Being a practicing anesthesia provider, numbers are important to me when in the OR administering drugs in a split second decision. 3500 mcg and 52oo mcg is big.

Guess I am overthinking this thing. Use to being very precise!

Please forgive me for taking up your valuable time on this forum.

Malcolm M.

• Thanks 1

Malcolm and Ursula M.

2017 Legacy Elite II Hull # 204 "Olivia"

2016 Ram 2500HD Diesel 4x4

Rest assured, whatever brakes and axles your Elite II may have, safety is definitely not an issue to be concerned about. Pete

Pete, Agree on axle capacity!

Our ready to camp weight is 4950 pounds with empty water tanks. We don't haul water in the tanks heading out to camp and dump the tanks at dump stations before leaving campgrounds. It's just how we camp, it's not due to our Ollie's weight capacity.

Hope this helps,

LE2

• Moderators

Malcom, you are not disturbing the flow here at all.  This is a place for sharing information and asking ANY questions so we can all be assured of our Ollies' ins and outs and learn how to enjoy it to the fullest.  Chances are, if you had the question, others did as well.  Thanks for your participation in the forum and helping us clarify any issues you may have.

Your job is an intense one, requiring precision.  It is logical that you would want to know specifics about your investment.   Feel free to ask away, anytime.

You are going to LOVE your Ollie!!!

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Thanks Pete!

From the looks of your profile, you have been many places using your 2008 Ollie. That's a lot of experience with Oliver.

I had 15 years RVing in 4 different Airstreams. Our devotion to AS has waned of late for many reasons.

I know we will love our Oliver and can't hardly wait for April delivery. Been without a RV since November after selling our last AS. Sigh!

Malcolm M.

Malcolm and Ursula M.

• Service Manager

Hello Everyone,

I have gotten several calls in regards to the axle size and capacity so I thought I would stop by say hello and make an official statement. Hope everyone is enjoying their Oliver camper and travels.

The Legacy Elite 18.5' comes with a 5200lb 12x2 axle that is derated to 5000lbs because of a spring measurement that is 3/4" outside the norm for a 5200lb axle. This is the reason why the GVWR for the Legacy Elite is listed at 5,000 lbs. This axle does have the 12" brakes and 6 lug.

The Legacy Elite II is currently being built with dual 3500lb. 10 x 2.25 axles putting the GVWR at 7,000 lbs. The brakes are 10"brakes and 6 lug.

Some of the earlier model Elite II trailers were built with the 5200 lb. axles as well as a few models that were produced during November 2014- December 2014. This short run was because Dexter had derated it's 3500lb axle that we were using for the Elite II. We immediately ordered the 5200lb axles during that short run because we chose not to use the derated axles and only switched back to the 3500lb axle once we could get it without it being derated.

The website is incorrect where it states 12" brakes on the Elite II page and I will make sure that this gets resolved. With dual axles and 4 brakes it isn't necessary to have the 12" brakes.

- Hope this helps, but if anyone has any questions, please feel free to give me a call.

- Jason

• Thanks 4

----------------

Jason D. Essary

OLIVER SERVICE

228 Industrial Ave

Hohenwald, TN 38462

Phone: (888) 526-3978

Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm CST

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distri­bution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and delete the message and any file attachments from your computer.

Login to Service Portal: https://support.olivertraveltrailers.com/portal/en/home

Jason,

Thanks for this official clarification.

Mystery solved and I now know what I will be getting on my Ollie.

As Bill said, know what size you have to get the correct parts and seals saving a lot of heartache.

Malcolm M.

Malcolm and Ursula M.

Hello Everyone, I have gotten several calls in regards to the axle size and capacity so I thought I would stop by say hello and make an official statement. Hope everyone is enjoying their Oliver camper and travels. The Legacy Elite 18.5′ comes with a 5200lb 12×2 axle that is derated to 5000lbs because of a spring measurement that is 3/4″ outside the norm for a 5200lb axle. This is the reason why the GVWR for the Legacy Elite is listed at 5,000 lbs. This axle does have the 12″ brakes and 6 lug. The Legacy Elite II is currently being built with dual 3500lb. 10 x 2.25 axles putting the GVWR at 7,000 lbs. The brakes are 10″brakes and 6 lug. Some of the earlier model Elite II trailers were built with the 5200 lb. axles as well as a few models that were produced during November 2014- December 2014. This short run was because Dexter had derated it’s 3500lb axle that we were using for the Elite II. We immediately ordered the 5200lb axles during that short run because we chose not to use the derated axles and only switched back to the 3500lb axle once we could get it without it being derated. The website is incorrect where it states 12″ brakes on the Elite II page and I will make sure that this gets resolved. With dual axles and 4 brakes it isn’t necessary to have the 12″ brakes. – Hope this helps, but if anyone has any questions, please feel free to give me a call. – Jason

Thank you for clearing this up.  Sheesh.

I feel sorry for you guys.  The simple message that the brakes were being upgraded to 12" lead to the incredible over analysis that the axles were too big, larger tow vehicles were needed, people could not get the accurate information.  Panic.  The sky is falling!!  All because of the simple statement that Oliver had upgraded to 12" brakes!

I hope this settles down and you guys can resume concentrating on building excellent trailers.

For the people overthinking this, please don't panic.   There was never anything more to this than what was initially stated.  A simple upgrade in the brakes.

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

Malcom and others who may be concerned, Elite II owner “rideandfly” states his ready to camp Elite II without water weighs 4690 lbs. If you were to add the 32.5 gallons of fresh water you would have an additional 260 lbs, for a total weight of 4950. This is still only 2/3 of the capacity of twin 3500 lb axles, giving you a 34% overhead margin for safety. As for brakes; Having four 10 x 2 1/4 inch brakes gives you 90 square inches of braking surface for stopping your heaviest Elite II (supplies & water on board) of 4950 lbs. My Elite I weighs in at 3900 lbs with stores and full fresh water tank. With it’s single axle and 12 x 2 inch brakes, it has 48 of braking surface and I will attest (after 99,000 miles) I have found it to stop just FINE in all conditions and grades of roads I have thus far encountered. Rest assured, whatever brakes and axles your Elite II may have, safety is definitely not an issue to be concerned about. Pete

Thanks for this Pete.  Great post.

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

Sheesh. I feel sorry for you guys. The simple message that the brakes were being upgraded to 12″ lead to the incredible over analysis that the axles were too big, larger tow vehicles were needed, people could not get the accurate information. Panic.

For the record, I made a joke.  

• Moderators

Alright now.  This has been an interesting exercise in communication. Thanks to all who participated. There were several opportunities for misunderstandings and I think we managed to hit most of them (to include my outdated information on the way it used to be 7 years ago).  I caught the joke, Overland. It was a subtle one and I understand how it might be mistaken. Thanks to Jason for filling in the historical background on the numerous changes to the axles over the years and for committing to have the current website information corrected.  I believe this topic has nicely been put to bed.

Now, lets all join hands around the campfire and break out in a rousing verse of Kumbaya . . . .

• Thanks 1

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg