12.5' Aluminum Telescopic/Telescoping Loft Ladder is on sale

KarenLukens

I think it was Steve who showed us this ladder that fits in the closet and I added it to the Oliver Wish List that Karen started -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/DVETVI1ZF5E8/ref=nav_wishlist_lists_2

Anyway, the telescoping ladder went on sale today for 47% off or $46.00, so if you've been thinking about it then here's the link

Every now and again I check to see what prices have dropped and this one is significant :)

This folding ladder also has a 30% price drop and is a great ladder -  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VMXV10C/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=DVETVI1ZF5E8&coliid=I31X7LS4KLFWZG

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Tough call - I don't see how this particular ladder is any different from the other dozen or so extending ladders on Amazon that have better ratings. Supposedly the manufacturer is the same.

I guess for me the question is if there is some better design out there. I'd like to have something to access the top of the trailer while we're camping, just in case, and I don't know of anything else that will collapse compactly enough to fit in the trailer. I think in the original thread about this, everyone seemed to agree that this was the best comprismise.

My gut tells me that for occasional use on the road, this is fine. But at home when washing the trailer, etc., I'd use a real ladder.

You can cut corners on quality with lots of stuff, but a ladder is a critical safety item. Do not buy no-name junk!

One fall from six feet off the ground can maim you for life or worse. It is simply not worth the risk.

Stay safe.

OTH:

I bought a brand new $300 Werner commercial grade fiberglass ladder that is cracked right though a main beam. There was evidence of distress on the inside of the C channel, and a 14 inch crack is what I found when I peeled off the huge label from the other side. I caught the damage in time that it was not a problem, but returns can be agravating and time consuming.... You need to be really careful with any ladder, and inspect it before every use. Buying from Amazon is a very good idea since they have such a good return system.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Actually, I'll take back my previous post. It looks like the telesteps ladder that Randy originally recommended is in fact a different design and gets much better ratings.

https://www.amazon.com/Telesteps-1400E-OSHA-Compliant-Silver/dp/B003YJLFCQ/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&dpID=417zaxKIYgL&dpPl=1&keywords=telestep&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&qid=1483261094&ref=plSrch&ref_=mp_s_a_1_6&sr=8-6

• Thanks 1

If you look at the reviews then this one beats them all by far because it has the numbers. Randy's only has 27 total reviews, where the other has 180 over 4 stars out of 259 total and it is Amazon's #1 Best seller. Yea, some people have problems and fall off of ladders, we've all worked with that type of person before, or at least I have, many times... But with the few bad reviews compared to the vast majority, it looks like a good emergency ladder for under $50 bucks. I couldn't find one with a better load rating then this one at 330lbs and that's 80lbs more then the other. Then when you compare the price, it looks like this will be a good ladder for people who want to keep a spare in their closet... I've got ladders here at home that I use all of the time and personally, this kind of ladder isn't something that I can use because I weigh more then it's rated, but for the average person who doesn't have room to carry one in their tv, then either will do for an emergency ladder. I use the little giant style that I listed at the bottom and I'm wondering if it will fit behind the propane tanks outside?

259 reviews over 27 reviews is not really better rated is it?

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

I see that there's a company in Sweden that also goes by the name Telesteps.  Their ladders actually look nicer and they have some interesting accessories like adjustable feet.

Overthinking this as usual, but I did send them an email to ask if they're related to the US Telesteps and if there's any way to get their products here.

It seems like the world has become filled with ripoff products over the last few years, and it's impossible to know what you're buying sometimes.  These ladders are just one of countless examples.

I'm not sure if I'm following the logic of counting reviews.  It seems a given that a $200 ladder will have fewer reviews than a $50 one.  I'd be more concerned with the percentage of bad reviews, and what those reviewers are critical of, rather than the total count.

• Thanks 1

I’m not sure if I’m following the logic of counting reviews. It seems a given that a $200 ladder will have fewer reviews than a $50 one. I’d be more concerned with the percentage of bad reviews, and what those reviewers are critical of, rather than the total count.

Yea, I agree, it's like comparing a $46.00 ladder to a $180.+ ladder, I don't see the logic there either. For 3+ times the price, the Telesteps should be 3x better and there is no doubt that it will be better than a cheaper $50.00 ladder. Personally, I don't trust any product or people on ebay with less than 100+ reviews. People get paid by these companies to review their products for Amazon and they also get to keep many of the products at no cost to them. Karen did honest reviews for Kitchen items, but not everyone reviews honestly like she does :) So if it has less then 100 reviews, you really need to look at it in person and don't just trust any items with a few reviews. I listed it here for everyone because it went on sale for a great price, so make your own decisions based on your wants and needs :) It also comes up on Eileen's Amazon Store - http://www.lovemycasita.com/amazon.html

Happy Camping,

null

• Moderator+

This is the ladder we bought in 2013 to carry in the new Outlaw Oliver.  It was not the cheapest nor the lightest nor the tallest but at 10 1/2 feet it is sufficient for me to use for anything on the roof  that might need to be done on the road. At home I use a much more sturdy stepladder. When washing the trailer we actually stand on top of scaffolding that we can roll around while using.  We store it against the bathroom wall inside the closet and it has ridden some 25,000 miles without incident. It has served all of our needs (though they have been few) for the past  2 1/2 years.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

This is the ladder we bought in 2013 to carry in the new Outlaw Oliver.

I added it to the wish list :)

Karen got the idea of the Wish list and I just keep adding to it. It's got about every accessory that any egg style RV owner can use. I don't own even ¼ of the things on the list but a lot of the bigger items I just can't do with out. Please check it out when you have time and also let us know if there is any other items that Amazon has, that we need to add to it. It's a shared list and if you hit the request button there Karen will add you, it will let you add in items on your own. There's a lot of girly stuff that she and her friends have added in and then there's the man-wish list in there as well :) Here's the link -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/DVETVI1ZF5E8/ref=nav_wishlist_lists_2

And the list keeps growing thanks to all of you :) Then every few days I have it list everything that has price drops and then spread the word. The shorter version of the $46.00 ladder was recommended on a side link from  http://www.lovemycasita.com/amazon.html

Reed

Happy Camping,

null