Tire size?

topgun2

• Moderators

Sorry to bother you guys, but, since Twist is in off-site storage I can't get these numbers myself.  Can someone tell me the exact numbers (width, height, aspect ratio) that are on the sidewalls of the Michelin tires on the Elite II?  Thanks in advance!

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Canoe 12,

On my Elite II (hull #117) the spare tire is 215/70R16.  And, even though Randy's tires are Goodrich, my Michelin's are the same - LT225/75R16.  And, I have just received an email from Jason confirming that the spare is now the same size as the regular tires (LT225/75R16) with a slightly larger cover to accommodate that size.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Jason replied (quickly I might add) to a specific email regarding tire sizes.  I assume that these wheels are exactly the same, but, I could not guarantee that - It would seem to me odd that they would be different and certainly these two tire sizes would fit on the same wheel and the expense of having two different wheels would also not make sense.  However, if you are still concerned, I would encourage you to drop Jason an email.

Bill

I sure hope the spare is alloy, like all the spare wheels in the past have been. Why would they change?

http://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/changing-tires-on-ollie/

I plan to store my cover away and drive with the spare naked and exposed to the world....

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

John,

Is there any detriment to doing so? My thinking is that an active tire is flexed, heated, cooled and basically exercised. Just leaving the spare "exposed to the world" (and uv) would that cause it dry out, stiffen or anything faster? Or do you plan to rotate it into mix and if so at what kind of timetable?

• Thanks 1

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

John, Is there any detriment to doing so? My thinking is that an active tire is flexed, heated, cooled and basically exercised. Just leaving the spare “exposed to the world” (and uv) would that cause it dry out, stiffen or anything faster? Or do you plan to rotate it into mix and if so at what kind of timetable?

Randy, I gave most of my many reasons for wanting a full sized spare at the bottom of that other thread I linked you to.

In addition to actually getting some use out of the spare, it will act as a second bumper in back. If I smack a tree while reversing, it won't wreck the cover or license plate unit. That glass cover is a little vulnerable, don't you think? Any idea how much a replacement one costs? I don't.

I also think that the trailer will look less sissy with an exposed tire on the back. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a beautiful trailer, but it is also very feminine. A naked tire and a 4 inch lifted suspension should fix that, a little.... LOL.

Oh yeah, I have an insulated and sheet rocked RV bay, AKA The Hanger Deck, in my new house, ready and waiting to store my future Ollie. UV (and long term weather exposure) will be a non issue for all the tires, as well as the rest of the trailer.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

It looks sissy to you? Haha :) So you want to leave off the cover to make it look Ghetto? lol. Just carry a bag of beer bottles and cans around with you and pour them out all around your trailer and nobody will think sissy about your trailer then. You could even toss a bag of those little fake doggie doo doo's out each time also :)

You crack me up John :) Hey! you could paint a bomber girl on it to look less sissy :)

nose-art.jpg.37a348d8d0b0a0940b0ff8ca7aff1be1.jpg

or just paint teeth on the front -

grr.jpg.266efc7b45f09188a657a8fda6a2fbf7.jpg

Then don't forget you always need a security sign in the window

no911.jpg.ab6e14bf760f876492c0412b8f0480c7.jpg

12-6.jpg.cde8caad49f4fa06f8cc490ba563d21c.jpg

You know me, always trying to help a fellow Oliver owner de-sissify his rig :)

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II