Natures Head vent system

John E Davies

Does anyone know how the head is vented? It needs an outlet for the stinky part - the inlet is the toilet lid area.

I suspect that the outlet flex hose ties into the standard roof vent, under the platform, for the (installed but unused) black tank, but I am making an educated guess.

Is the top of the black tank capped? If I end up using this tank for extra water storage, I guess I would then need to add a new vent/ overflow hose at the top....

Where is the Naures Head fan switch located? How many miliamps does it use?

Any pictures to share?

Thanks,

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Has anyone gotten one yet? I know a few of us are in the queue, but I don’t know if anyone has a completed trailer yet with the composting toilet.

I read somewhere that a few have been sold, but I don't know anything concrete. Maybe they are among the owners that are either ignorant of this forum or just choose to not participate.

I won't be able to look at mine for another 3 months. It sure would be nice if Oliver could post a couple of pictures and a brief description of the installation.

EDIT. Found the current draw: 1.7 amps at 12 VDC. That is a lot higher than I expected.

Nature%27s_Head_Airflow_Assembly.pdf

The airflow direction is reversable.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.