I have to ask - What happened to Buzzy?

Overland

I hope we can get him back. I've been camping during the last 30+ days at Big Bend and other places in Texas. I had very spotty wireless access so I haven't been on the forum for awhile. I did see some posts about etiquette when I returned. I wonder if those posts related to something involving Buzzy? If anyone knows, please send me a private message. Maybe we can find a way to fix this if he deleted his account because of negative occurrences on the forum. Buzzy has been a valuable member of the forum and a great resource to new and experienced Olliver owners. I know he's made a lot of friends through the forum.

Don

Don

2020 Kimberley Kruiser T3

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States I visited with my Ollie (Sold October, 2019)

States Visited Map

I could be wrong, but I think Buzzy is still with us. This is his profile now, I believe:

Anonymous

Registered On:

Topics: 96

Replies: 555

I don't know why he changed to Anonymous if this is Buzzy.

Don

Buzzy--if you see this, I want you to know that I'm very happy to learn that you're still with us!

Don

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States Visited Map

I heard he was going to "adopt" a cow, for a UNH course he was taking. My guess is this will take plenty of his time.

The drama and misinformation created by one individual has made a lot of us want to drop out, or at least drop back. Also that showed a need for an "ignore" button...

I think 'Anonymous' is just what happens when the account is deleted.  Hopefully, it was either an accident* or just something done in haste.

Buzzy, if you're reading this, I hope that you will consider reinstating your account; or if you can't do that at this point, then opening a new one.  I value your input and it would be a great loss to the community if you left.  Even if you have decided to devote your time elsewhere, you can still keep an account open so you can pop in and say hi every now and then.

---

*if Buzzy is anything like me, he's at least once wondered what happens when you click that button.

He took down his videos from his YouTube channel and made them private also. So... It looks like he's serious about not being here and he was driven away by something...

We love you Buzzy :)

Come back soon

Reed & Karen

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Hi Explorer7,

I sure do understand your wanting to drop over the horizon to simply enjoy your Ollie in peace. I used to have a personal website filled with motorcycle articles, and after a few years I was getting overwhelmed with unwanted attention and questions. It gets old REALLY fast. So last Fall I let my domain name quietly expire and I too am now Anonymous, at least in terms of people wanting stuff from me over the Internet.

I hope you will pass on to your close friend Buzzy that he and his dog are always welcome at my campfire or at my home. Keep this in mind as you wander out West. Maybe we could meet up during the Great Eclipse. I hope you will be out here, and will let us know where we might find you.

I have really enjoyed talking with you here, we will all miss you! PLEASE do not totally abandon this place. Pop in every now and then to say hello. Happy trails.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Well yea, at first people ask you questions on your YouTube videos and then you pass it on as others will answer those questions for you. I really think that you did a great job on your movies Buzzy :) If you leave them on as unlisted instead of private and turn off your channel notifications, your movies will take care of themselves and others will answer those questions for you. They will still be listed in the playlist but they won't bother you. I answer questions on mine if they are good questions but if the answers are already in the comments, then the people need to do their own work. Some people want you to do it all and those I just ignore myself. Put, "Read the Comments for more info" at the top of that section and the questions drop by around 90%. Another thing that you can do is to simply disable the comments, and that ends that problem while letting the movies be seen. Basically right now, your movies are the face of Oliver and there is nothing wrong with that. Soon I will join you with my movies also. I made a few mods today with the drill and angle grinder. The movies here will start piling up quick, once we get a good idea of what we have here :) Like you, I love helping others and making good informative videos like you have needs to be passed on. Oliver's movies will be by the manufacturer and that's OK, but movies by owners telling the truth and sharing their knowledge really helps everyone a lot more.

PM me if you would like me to help in any way

Reed & Karen Lukens

• Thanks 2

Happy Camping,

null

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Good luck to you Buzzy. I totally get your need to back off a bit. You put a huge amount of energy into the "Oliver Project"  I hope to see you around here once in a while. Maybe we'll cross paths at some awesome campground down the road a piece. Be well!

Dave

2015 Oliver Elite, Hull 107

1998 Ford E-250, 5.4 liter

Buzzy,

Thanks for responding--I now understand what motivated you and it makes perfect sense to me. Enjoy your time away from work, your family, your new dog and go camping!!

Don

Don

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States Visited Map

• Moderators

Buzzy,

Have a wonderful time bonding with your new pal, Buddy.  Thanks for your contributions.  ENJOY!

Pete

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Explorer/Buzzy,

We all miss you. Enjoy your sabbaticals from your work, and the forum.

You've been a great friend to many here, including me. All of us have tremendous regard for your contributions.

Enjoy your time with your new puppy, and time with your family. :)

All my best, Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Buzzy,

Sorry to hear you have left the forums.  I always searched out your posts as being very informative and to the point, well articulated and not full of inane and useless meanderings.   Likewise, always enjoyed your YouTube vids.

I haven't been on the forums here in a while, unfortunately my purchase plans are on an indefinite hold.  I will continue with my truck  and tent camping and exploring as I've done all these years,

Was great to meet you in Hohenwald last Summer.

Best wishes,

Laps

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome home Buzzy :)

Things are back to normal here once again, it's been nice and quiet here for a couple of weeks and the pressures have been removed :)

Karen and I are really glad to welcome you back into our family, Our home :)

Reed

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Welcome home Buzzy ???? Things are back to normal here once again, it’s been nice and quiet here for a couple of weeks and the pressures have been removed ???? Karen and I are really glad to welcome you back into our family, Our home ???? Reed

Got that right!  I avoided the forums for a few weeks, but seems things are more tranquil now.

• Thanks 1

Ditto to the welcoming back of Buzzy.

I too have been avoiding the forum like the plague. It was just too much.

We take possession of our Ollie one month from today and look forward to all experienced Ollie's owners input and education staying on subject.

Best to all,

Malcolm M.

• Thanks 2

Malcolm and Ursula M.

2017 Legacy Elite II Hull # 204 "Olivia"

2016 Ram 2500HD Diesel 4x4