Just in time for Valentine's Day

received_10154792873480269.thumb.jpeg.995eaef16fa4f3df86f5d5825313f396.jpeg

[attachment file=45483]

[attachment file=45483]

[attachment file=45484]

[attachment file=IMG_20170214_204323.jpg]

[attachment file=45484]

IMG_20170216_0939271.thumb.jpg.e028bf9b5fd9a840c99373aa0f45243a.jpg

Then I took this photo of the Truma AquaGo inlet, outlet and recirculation line.

IMG_20170213_1125341.thumb.jpg.376f7b9ed52e5fd12a345bb2d94240bd.jpg

It was 22° last night for most of the night and Olli past the 4 season test; full of water. The Suburban heater by itself couldn't keep up but it held the temp at 65° by itself, which was great for sleeping.

received_10154792873545269.jpeg.7d4f64ba463b41646feb4e276fd57cf5.jpeg

received_10154792875855269.jpeg.f1f97d5310f8aeeea8bffe4c1cac68de.jpeg

received_10154792876240269.thumb.jpeg.b6dffbb6cbdd5bc108291e63c189e732.jpeg

• Thanks 4

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can click on the other pics... Lol, sometimes this web page isn't exactly user friendly. I loaded them all, it started out empty, then reloaded again, and now unfortunately I'm out of time...

Reed

received_10154792876165269.jpeg.97441ef933fbac45be8bc8ab4565075b.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Very cool, congratulations. I have 3 more months to go.

Why do you think the furnace could not keep up with an OAT of 22 degrees? That sounds very wrong from past reports. How much air did you have venting in? Was the furnace short cycling, or was it running full bore the whole time?

Did you get a Natures Head? If so please post pics. I need to know how the vent works.

Thank you.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

IMG_20170213_1125341 

That white hose looks like a piece of drinking water garden hose. It also appears to have a little crimp at the tee.

Please tell me that it is something else. A potable water hose would not make the water hazardous in any way, but it wouldn't be the best choice for a long term fixed installation.

Maybe it is a specialty hot water hose of some kind?  I have seen pics of that kind of hose used for a temporary bypass like this:

Wouldn't a stainless braided one be more reliable?

waterheater-01.jpg

Please educate me.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

IMG_20170213_1125341

That white hose looks like a piece of drinking water garden hose. It also appears to have a little crimp at the tee. Please tell me that it is something else. A potable water hose would not make the water hazardous in any way, but it wouldn’t be the best choice for a long term fixed installation. Maybe it is a specialty hot water hose of some kind? I have seen pics of that kind of hose used for a temporary bypass like this: Temp bypass Wouldn’t a stainless braided one be more reliable? waterheater-01.jpg Please educate me. John Davies Spokane WA

The white hose is the comfort models recirculation hose. When you switch it from Eco to Comfort, it recirculates the water through that white hose, keeping that water at 113°f. We were talking about the difference between the Comfort and the Comfort Plus in another Truma thread. I'm thinking that I can remove that white hose and run pex up to the shower and then Tee it into the hot water line so it will recirculate the entire hot water line to the shower. But now after showering, the water really doesn't cool down with the Truma heater, so I need more time to decide if I need to try it. We hooked up to city water last night and this was the first time that we've been able to take unlimited hot water showers in a trailer... Wow! Is all I can say, it was really nice not needing to take a 6 gallon spit bath. I've been using the 6 gallon Suburbans for decades and this was really a treat :)

As far as the stainless braided hose goes these white ones have been out for 30+ years I guess, and they actually hold up a lot better then the old braided lines at my house. I quit buying the braided lines and had forgotten about them until now :)

Happy Camping,

null

Very cool, congratulations. I have 3 more months to go. Why do you think the furnace could not keep up with an OAT of 22 degrees? That sounds very wrong from past reports. How much air did you have venting in? Was the furnace short cycling, or was it running full bore the whole time? Did you get a Natures Head? If so please post pics. I need to know how the vent works. Thank you. John Davies Spokane WA

Basically we're in the learning process and 65° was good enough. It was just yesterday that I discovered that when the vents are turned, that they can be opened more or closed. It did run the full time. We had the vent under the bed closed so there was only one open in the main room. I opened the second one tonight under the bed and it made a huge difference. We like it cool when we sleep, so most likely I'll be closing it back off. The thermostat can run both the heater and the heat strip up top if needed, but I kept the top one off.

We have the regular toilet and the only thing that I can say about the new bathroom with the vanity is, if we had known, we would have just gotten a corner sink like in the older Casita. The vanity takes up most of the leg room in the bathroom, making it really hard to maneuver in when trying to shower or use the toilet. It was definitely made for a small woman who wanted a vanity. The old corner sink was perfect and both Oliver and Casita have started building the bathrooms for the little people who need the extra vanity... Hehe

Happy Camping,

null

Very nice Karen and Reed! Wow! Congratulations!

Have you named your Oliver yet? There are some very clever selections out there people have named theirs.Thank you for sharing the photos. This increases our desire to see ours next week. Blessings and enjoy! Life is short!

~J, P, and M Edit/edition: P.S. everyone. Matt has been improving our forums. I have been in his seat before. I certainly understand. Posting is verrrryyyy slow so be patient but we now have an improvement the server software is now catching duplicate posts. How do I know about this new feature??? I wasn’t patient and resubmitted. Live an learn! So be patient! ~ P

We named her " The Little Nugget" and that's why we had the gold pin striping put in because it looks like some of my gold that comes out of our old family gold mine. DSC00302.thumb.jpg.ab9b8e0d9d9178d824bcb593e7f3c224.jpg

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

• Moderators

A belated happy Valentine's day to both you.

Your Oliver looks good on you. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have enjoyed ours, for nine years

Safe wandering, and happy travels.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Your Ollie looks beautiful and clean with the color motif chosen.

We are scheduled to taken possession of Olivia April 12th. Like all of us, trying to great prepared for the maiden voyage and have the equipment in order.

With that said, I have seen the modification OTT did concerning the gray and black discharge hookup while visiting the factory in December. The new extension comes out and angles slightly to the curb side.

My question to you is what have you guys decided to do with that angle? Example, a 5 foot extension attached and left in place. Then just hook up a long hose when needing to empty?

Any comment would be appreciated.

Best,

Malcolm M.

• Thanks 2

Malcolm and Ursula M.

2017 Legacy Elite II Hull # 204 "Olivia"

2016 Ram 2500HD Diesel 4x4

Like Canoe12 said, it came with a 20' Camco Revolution Sewer Hose Kit, it's designed to be left on. I hooked it up, capped it, and there it will stay. Still though, you should double check the connections before opening the valves. I dumped yesterday at Fall Hollow before we left and it's a good system. I did add a 5" clear piece to the end right before the 90° that drops into the dumping tank, for those days when we do a thorough wash out.

https://smile.amazon.com/Camco-39625-Revolution-Swivel-Sewer/dp/B0024E6W02/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1487361631&sr=8-2&keywords=camco+sewer+hose

https://smile.amazon.com/Camco-39572-Clear-Sewer-Adapter/dp/B00192KZQ2/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1487362030&sr=8-2-fkmr2&keywords=6"+clear+camco+sewer+hose

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen, Congratulations on your new Ollie!!!!!! Really like the colors! Hopefully meet y’all camping in the near future!!!

We will definitely meet in the future, we will be heading back through Arizona in a few weeks... Or so... :)

I gotta say, we've been drawing quite the crowd already here in Frankfurt? Just outside of Nashville. 2 more couples are headed to Hohenwald now after seeing ours and talking to us. We've been boondocking for 2 days with hardly any draw on the batteries. This solar sure beats the Solar Suitcase that I used on the Casita. It fully charged itself just after day break :)

Happy Camping,

null

Karen & I spent the night at Walmart in Franklin, TN. an outskirt of Nashville. She spent the day and night shopping and setting up the inside of our Little Nugget, the way she wants it for now. We had to leave most of the decorations at home, but she got a good start today

IMG_20170217_191506.thumb.jpg.bf6e0bd471d5c4f71b7b2f8c9981fcb9.jpg

Then this is what's above my head on my side of the bed. The helping hand grip makes it really easy to get up or swing over to the side fast if you need to get up quick or just to stretch. I think that they are strong enough to do pull ups with, pretty amazing.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B004HIGWLW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=DVETVI1ZF5E8&coliid=I2VZL330KGFRNZ

received_10154800928685269.thumb.jpeg.3b15094b07c68921185d129036484703.jpeg

The reading light, 12 volt and USB plug ins come in handy while boondocking.

Happy Camping,

null

What is the lighted switch above the closet door next to the speaker? Is it water pump? I’m wondering why they relocated the thermostat to the other wall…

That's the new shower back flow preventer, electric switch.

Happy Camping,

null

Morning Lukens and Canoe 12,

Thanks for your comments!

Nice of OTT to be including the Camco Hose as a kinda door prize.

Like your solution to the pollution. :)

Malcolm M.

Malcolm and Ursula M.

Canoe 12, the electric back flow preventer switch is an option we were offered but decided against. Can't remember the cost.

The pull handle is standard unless you upgrade.

The new and improved Dometic Thermostat control unit is on the street side on the pantry wall behind your head if sitting at the dinette facing toward the front of the unit.

Malcolm M.

Malcolm and Ursula M.

Electric back flow preventer? Is this something new and standard or an upgrade? Does it replace the pull handle down near the floor by the toilet? I looked at the pictures and do not see the thermostat anywhere. Maybe by the entrance door? Thanks…

The back flow preventer switch is no longer an option as far as I know.  They don't put the pull handle in anymore. It's nice to have the switch but we close it when we're not using the sink or shower to keep the green light off. I like sleeping in pitch black, so it gets closed at night. Then here's a pic of the new thermostat and so far, it's doing a great job. It's a 2 stage programmable that allows you to shut it off or set the time and temp to cool it down at night. The first 2 nights it got cold in here because the heater was shutting off at midnight. I read the manual quickly and found that by holding down the Program button for 3 seconds, it resets everything to the factory setting and shuts off the 2nd time program, and that solved the heat problem. (Or was that push it 3 times fast? Hmmm, one of them anyway) We're Boondocking again tonight and will from now on. There's no need to ever have hook ups with the stock solar set up :) We set the temp to 62° at night and it stays very comfortable.

IMG_20170218_172110.thumb.jpg.d4c88fd901011aa4f7daf65c97789f24.jpg

IMG_20170218_172635.thumb.jpg.fce98fd1a25c66b9ef434428303366b0.jpg

Happy Camping,

null

Hadn't noticed until now, there are now no switches or panels located below the pantry, looks clean.

Do they offer to mount the pantry door which way you want, I've now seen that handle on both sides depending on the unit?

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

On the thermostat location it seems a long way around to run the wires?

Had not heard they were eliminating the pull handle. Had heard they had eliminated the closing drain plug. Am thinking about a 'portable' gate with a cover, to put on the end of the hose. Then if the hose feels real heavy from a leak or open handle somewhere the cover can be taken off without getting an unpleasant shower. An emptying elbow put on and the last gate opened.

Hadn’t noticed until now, there are now no switches or panels located below the pantry, looks clean. Do they offer to mount the pantry door which way you want, I’ve now seen that handle on both sides depending on the unit?

I'm sure they would reverse it if you wanted but this way works fine for us.

On the thermostat location it seems a long way around to run the wires? Had not heard they were eliminating the pull handle. Had heard they had eliminated the closing drain plug. Am thinking about a ‘portable’ gate with a cover, to put on the end of the hose. Then if the hose feels real heavy from a leak or open handle somewhere the cover can be taken off without getting an unpleasant shower. An emptying elbow put on and the last gate opened.

Karen just got back, the switch was stock on ours. I was looking at this set up - http://www.lci1.com/waste-master because I like the drain line ramps but it has a good handle on it. I brought my grinder and plan on opening up the holes on each side and maybe putting one in the middle. The one cap that it didn't come with is the elbo cap... So I pulled the elbo this time but will probably pick up the smaller elbo cap tomorrow. I like having everything put together and complete, while being ready to go. I have the accordion ramp and it works good but with the height of the Olli tail, these other ramps would work so much better at some of the campgrounds. Fall Hollow was an up hill run and I used the old lift and gurgle method once again... Lol.

Happy Camping,

null