Hull #200 in service

KarenLukens

On the thermostat location it seems a long way around to run the wires? Had not heard they were eliminating the pull handle. Had heard they had eliminated the closing drain plug. Am thinking about a ‘portable’ gate with a cover, to put on the end of the hose. Then if the hose feels real heavy from a leak or open handle somewhere the cover can be taken off without getting an unpleasant shower. An emptying elbow put on and the last gate opened.

Karen just got back, the switch was stock on ours. I was looking at this set up - http://www.lci1.com/waste-master because I like the drain line ramps but it has a good handle on it. I brought my grinder and plan on opening up the holes on each side and maybe putting one in the middle. The one cap that it didn't come with is the elbo cap... So I pulled the elbo this time but will probably pick up the smaller elbo cap tomorrow. I like having everything put together and complete, while being ready to go. I have the accordion ramp and it works good but with the height of the Olli tail, these other ramps would work so much better at some of the campgrounds. Fall Hollow was an up hill run and I used the old lift and gurgle method once again... Lol.

http://www.lci1.com/waste-master

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
Just in time for Valentine’s Day  Then I took this photo of the Truma AquaGo inlet, outlet and recirculation line.  It was 22° last night for most of the night and Olli past the 4 season test; full of water. The Suburban heater by itself couldn’t keep up but it held the temp at 65° by itself, which was great for sleeping.

Late congratulations!  Looks great.  We've been on the road...

We got a small Vornado space heater that works well when it's cold.  We do use the furnace when it gets below freezing.  It's 41 here right now, should dip into the 30's tonight.  Here's a pic I just took, not sure the model number.  It's keeping us warm and snug.

5d8ma607avk0ay325u8bbjbny5lvwgas.jpg.01b491f51ecedee53c9ca21dc6ce8a6a.jpg

Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

We got a small Vornado space heater that works well when it’s cold. We do use the furnace when it gets below freezing. It’s 41 here right now, should dip into the 30’s tonight. Here’s a pic I just took, not sure the model number. It’s keeping us warm and snug. Mike

Thanks Mike :) we have a small box heater for it at home that we didn't have room for in the car this time. Do you use it when boondocking? And what voltage are you seeing before sunrise? We're getting down to 12.4 vdc at the lowest, so there's plenty of room to go lower. Our little heater is a 1250 watt but it works great and is the right size. So far we haven't had a need to run the inverter at night. Karen's CPAP can be ran on either AC or DC.

Happy Camping,

null

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

• Moderators

This little Vornado has three power levels, 750, 1150 and 1500.  We don't run it all night when boondocking, usually just the furnace in the morning to warm things up.  I haven't seen any voltage before sunrise - just the back of my eyelids!!  We did run it all night last night but we've got hook ups here.  It's 38 out right now and we ran it on low all night, woke up to 65.  It's very quiet.  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Looks like you and Reed started a grand adventure when you picked up your Ollie.

Have fun, and safe travels. Thanks for your posts along the way!

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We checked into the Gatlinburg KOA tonight to refill and dump the tanks. It's a nice camp ground and a safe place to leave the trailer today and go for a drive here in the Smokey Mountain National Park and see the sights :)

received_10154806226845269.thumb.jpeg.95c39b83d9dafa5878c0c481414a64ad.jpeg

The adjustable step has been in use the last 3 days, I'm definitely glad that we brought it with us.

• Thanks 2

Happy Camping,

null

• Moderators

Reed ans Karen,

That sure is one beautiful looking trailer!  I like how you can see the reflection of the barren trees in the twilight hour.  They must have given you the superdeedooper-extra-special glossy finish on that one.  Nice, real nice.  Take your time getting home, it is pretty wet back there.

Pete

• Thanks 1

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

I think that particular hull was finished a while ago, but the owner asked to pick it up later.  I would think though that some hulls end up a bit out of sequence due to changes or complexity, particularly if there are custom items that have to be done in service afterwards.

Karen,

My wife and I really like the look of your pinstripe design.

However, we are looking for a silver metallic version. Do you have a record of what color you chose from Oracal? Is this a Oracal product?

We want the silver to really pop. Our TV is silver.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Malcolm M.

Malcolm and Ursula M.

2017 Legacy Elite II Hull # 204 "Olivia"

2016 Ram 2500HD Diesel 4x4

Karen, My wife and I really like the look of your pinstripe design. However, we are looking for a silver metallic version. Do you have a record of what color you chose from Oracal? Is this a Oracal product? We want the silver to really pop. Our TV is silver. Thanks for your help in this matter. Malcolm M.

We told Jason that we wanted a metallic gold like they use on the lettering on fire Trucks.  They have a metallic silver also. They sent us a color sheet, just ask them or send them your color. It is from Oracal. Here's a link -

http://www.orafol.com/gp/europe/en/support/colour-cards/oracal-651-intermediate-cal

Happy Camping,

null

Karen, My wife and I really like the look of your pinstripe design. However, we are looking for a silver metallic version. Do you have a record of what color you chose from Oracal? Is this a Oracal product? We want the silver to really pop. Our TV is silver. Thanks for your help in this matter. Malcolm M.

Darn tablet, web page keeps saying duplicate post but doesn't show the first..... So I add some Words and send again.............

We told Jason that we wanted a metallic gold like they use on the lettering on fire Trucks.  They have a metallic silver also. They sent us a color sheet, just ask them or send them your color. It is from Oracal. Here's a link -

http://www.orafol.com/gp/europe/en/support/colour-cards/oracal-651-intermediate-cal

Happy Camping,

null

I ended up buying the Rhinoflex 15' sewer hose today. I just really like it a lot better because you pull it open and it stays at the length that you open it too, so you can set it exactly where you want it. Plus it comes with a cap for the 90° that makes it capped in one length with no extra pieces to deal with other then the sewer multi-thread adapter. The Camco hose was OK but there's no comparison, so the Camco just became the extension hose.

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Congratulations Reed & Karen

I'm really enjoying your pictures and keeping up with your trip. It's getting me really excited about our trip starting next week to California, Oregon, and Washington. Maybe we'll have a chance to meet yall somewhere along the way. Hope so.

My wife tells people that I never know where I'm going until I get there. She also yells at me not to wonder off every time I go out the back door. I guess that can't be all bad and that's why we like owning an OTT. To just wonder off.

One tip I'd like to offer is to get another 10-foot extension hose soon. Because of the sewer hose coming off the back instead of the side like most RV.s, to reach a lot of park sewer hook ups it will take a longer reach. The hose compartment will except the extra hose.

Hap

PS - Post more pictures as you travel home.

• Thanks 1

It’s getting me really excited about our trip starting next week to California, Oregon, and Washington. Maybe we’ll have a chance to meet yall somewhere along the way. Hope so.

Thanks Hap, yes it will be fun to meet along the way somewhere. If you're going to California next week, then you should stay along the coast in Southern California because when wee have flood years like this one too many roads get closed and washed out. Right now there are closed roads all over Northern Cal; But... This is the Spring to see Yosemite and believe me, it will be spectacular like no other year before. We will be there for a week beginning April 23rd. The falls are based on water and snow melt and this year tops them all, so they will be huge, so this is the Spring to put Yosemite on your list. The falls usually dry up to almost nothing by September every year, but it's still worth seeing. We went after the 1997 & 2005 floods also just because Yosemite is really something to see at flood stage. The best way in is through Mariposa along HWY 140. Others will work but 140 is easiest with a trailer. Gas up in Mariposa for sure and you will have enough for the whole trip through the Park for a few days. Plus there is camping along 140 if you can't find anything in the Parks campgrounds. You can usually find one or 2 night spots during the week but Yosemite is booked 6 months in advance this time of year on weekends.

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

• Moderators

zmrjmapzs9rrug6tse94woqf42jki8l7.jpg

Malcolm,

Twist has the pinstripes in silver - I do not think that it ha the same (perhaps the metal flake in the gold is larger?) "sparkle" as the gold though.  In any case, I believe that it is fairly understated and adds to the classy nature of the Oliver.

Bill

ftm7vek9enuly7pwbnfmh92a0tz9fptk.jpg

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

The Silver looks great also :) Here's the link to the Silver Gray Metallic page or it's in the top section on the link above.

http://www.orafol.com/gp/europe/en/support/colour-cards/oracal-951-premium-cast

We we're just going to do the sides as well, but then at the end we decided to go with the logo on the front also. Having it trimmed in just one color does help give it a nice look.

Happy Camping,

null

Wow! A lot of metallics to choose from. Little overwhelming.

Your mentioned Silver Gray Metallic. Is this one you were considering?

Not sure how to go about this and regret a choice because I can't see in person.

I'm in touch with Anita now to see what I can do to make an informed decision.

Thank you for all of this info and taking the time out of your day.

Bill, thank you for your input as well. As you said, your Twist is "classy."

Do you know the exact name of that color on Twist? Also, may consider not doing the front at all like you did. I know from experience that the front of any RV is the hardest to clean properly. Over the years it is the first to start looking shaggy.

Best to all,

Malcolm M.

Malcolm and Ursula M.

2017 Legacy Elite II Hull # 204 "Olivia"

2016 Ram 2500HD Diesel 4x4

Reed & Karen, I didn’t have the front graphic because it is harder to clean relative to the plain gel-coat. Bill

In the end,when it was almost finished, we head them add it and it looks good.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TODAY - Was Black Tank Test Day...

And what fun it was. Karen and I drew straws to see where the 90% line really was.... It was dark and...

Well anyway, she had to go, so she became my little lab monkey this time. The tank read 90% full and down the rabbit hole she went. I was already hooked up to the sewer and was ready to go pull the handle if needed and then I heard her scream, it was horrible, but it still said only 95% full, so I waited... Her screams became even more terrifying, "Reed! Your a real... " hehe. I quickly let go of the bathroom door and ran outside, away from her claws and well beyond her reach... Then she stuck her head out of the bathroom and what I saw was, "The Creature from the Black Lagoon", staring out at me, with death in her eyes and toilet paper bunched up in her hair...

OK, so I go too far some times, hehe, we found out that there is no 100% full on our tank, at 95% it was already up into the bowl half way. So this ended this test and we found out that if it hits 80%, then we have room for one more in case of emergency but in our tank, 90% means totally full. At least we only need to do this test once because it would be real hard to set her up next time.

Reed

Happy Camping,

null

• Moderators

You are an evil man, Reed.  Now, just to be sure, (and fair) you should both swap places and do it again like that.  Exactly.  Just to be sure.  Right, Karen?

(sssshhhhhhh, Karen, in the middle of the confirmation test, lower the front stabilizer about 10 degrees while Reed is "engaged in business")  That'll show him.......Uh huh.

• Thanks 1

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

The floor pipe extends into the tank approx. 2-3 inches, so once the level hits the bottom of the pipe you might still have space around the top of the tank (while the pipe fills). Next time while she's in there "testing" go outside and rock the trailer as hard as possible and see if that gives more "space"

• Thanks 1

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

You are an evil man, Reed. Now, just to be sure, (and fair) you should both swap places and do it again like that. Exactly. Just to be sure. Right, Karen? (sssshhhhhhh, Karen, in the middle of the confirmation test, lower the front stabilizer about 10 degrees while Reed is “engaged in business”) That’ll show him…….Uh huh.

The floor pipe extends into the tank approx. 2-3 inches, so once the level hits the bottom of the pipe you might still have space around the top of the tank (while the pipe fills). Next time while she’s in there “testing” go outside and rock the trailer as hard as possible and see if that gives more “space”

Y'all are hillarious, hahaha.

They've got the lights outside our window as a Veterans Memorial, it's really beautiful in person here in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee by the old mill.

IMG_20170221_205210.thumb.jpg.2d33285c271065143ad6f4f1f33e08b0.jpg

IMG_20170221_205627.thumb.jpg.c8fd49c8831e3612563937b31300f8fc.jpg

received_10154806226740269.thumb.jpeg.e8e8125422911c5a953b475b1a8fa6bc.jpeg

Happy Camping,

null

• Moderator+

We have found that at any point beyond 90%, the black tank is full of, well you know.  Probably has to do with placement of the sensor on the outside of the tank.

Tali  says it's too scary to look down into the toilet and no amount of straw drawing will compel her to do so. Further, she states it's a "man's job."   I'm not exactly clear on how that came to be but, at any rate, that's the way it is in the Outlaw Oliver.

On an additional sidenote, never (let me repeat) NEVER pressurize the black tank by filling with the flush hose and press the flush pedal while peering down into the toilet. Think Robin Williams in RV.  I happen to have become an inadvertent expert on that particular set of circumstances.

• Thanks 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg