Question? Hull... when you pick up the unit, what is the condition of the hull?

Mainiac

Hull, when you pick up the unit, what is the condition of the hull? I know they wash it, (it actually is a test of water tightness). But what does a close look show? Is there mold release compound? Just a bare naturally shiny hull? Or has a polish been applied?

• Moderators

Mine was absolutely pristine - no spots, no compound, no water marks, no .....  In addition, when I went back to the Mothership to get Twist this past Fall after they had performed a couple of additions, it was once again cleaned.  Certainly they were not "testing for leaks" that time.  And, even the tires were "dressed".  Just got to love those guys and gals at Oliver!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I would be astonished if any kind of surface treatment has been applied.

I am eager to try Rejex on my future Ollie, which they are starting today! WooHOO! That is assuming they don't take President's Day off.

http://www.rejex.com/rejex.html

I will be towing with a diesel that does not have DPF, so there will be some soot drifting back under heavy load. I hope the Rejex will make it super easy to remove.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

John, I am also looking at this product.

Which one of the several types are you looking at for a brand new Ollie?

There seems to be different ones and it is confusing me as to what I should purchase to maintain a new Ollie we pick up in April.

Thanks for your help.

Malcolm M.

Malcolm and Ursula M.

2017 Legacy Elite II Hull # 204 "Olivia"

2016 Ram 2500HD Diesel 4x4

John, I am also looking at this product. Which one of the several types are you looking at for a brand new Ollie? There seems to be different ones and it is confusing me as to what I should purchase to maintain a new Ollie we pick up in April. Thanks for your help. Malcolm M.

Use this one and you won't be disappointed.

https://smile.amazon.com/CorrosionX-61002-Rejex-16oz-Bottle/dp/B0006V0LNY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487645998&sr=8-1&keywords=rejex+16+ounce

They also make a cleaner which would work great as a prep for the coating, but I have never used that. The idea is that you don't want a layer of wax underneath the Rejex. You can top coat it with wax if you wanted to, but there is no need. Read the reviews, they are very convincing. The airplane owners love this stuff.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Keeping the hull of an Ollie looking factory new is doable.  My nine yr old Elite shill shines like the first day.  If you can somehow keep it out of the sun when you are not traveling, that will help stop UV damage from beginning.  I have managed to wax mine at least yearly, sometimes semiannually with various products along the years.  My go-to product right now is ReJex, mentioned above.  Initially, I intended only to put it on the front to make Bug removal easier.  But it went on so effortlessly, I did the whole trailer.  Great stuff.  Gets rid of bugs . . . get some now.

• Thanks 1

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Canoe12 -

If you have questions about the application of graphics, you might want to contact Mike and Carol regarding their Lone Star Oliver.  They have posted at least a couple of articles here in that regard.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

We have "chatted" with them thanks. Just the question had not come to my mind yet. The new sales manager said they spray a high gloss gel coat on the mold. That we understand. Just I would bet somewhere in the process the mold is cleaned, either after release or before a new unit is started. But maybe not done that way with todays products and methods. Was curious if we had to remove some type of wax, finish, or product. But maybe it is water solvable so the water test/ wash takes care of it...