What does the Oliver come with during pick up?

geO

• Moderators

geO,

It would be better if you asked this question directly to the Sales Office.  My February 2016 delivery came with a wrench and socket for the wheel lug nuts, a sewer hose, a 25 foot water hose and a bottle of black tank "treatment".  Since I purchased the Andersen weight distribution hitch, there was also a socket for adjusting the chains on it.  Finally, there was a big hug from Anita which (almost) made me forget about the check I just wrote.

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

geO, It would be better if you asked this question directly to the Sales Office. My February 2016 delivery came with a wrench and socket for the wheel lug nuts, a sewer hose, a 25 foot water hose and a bottle of black tank “treatment”. Since I purchased the Andersen weight distribution hitch, there was also a socket for adjusting the chains on it. Finally, there was a big hug from Anita which (almost) made me forget about the check I just wrote. Bill

+1 on what Bill said. It will change depending on what accessories you've ordered. We also got the Camco sewer hose ,which is OK, but we bought a new Rhinoflex hose to use as the main sewer hose. Ours also came with a brass water pressure regulator, a water hose quick coupler that I just don't have a need for, and some male propane connection for the extra ports that we had added. Then it also came with a 30amp RV to 15amp VAC adapter for common house electricity.

What it didn't come with was any decalsifyer for the Truma AquaGo that we bought, but they didn't know about it until I had brought it up. I'm sure that will be remedied soon.

You will need

1 -  water filter

2 - wheel chocks or 4 pieces of firewood to block the tires

3 - some pads and blocks to use under the jacks. These work, I have 2 sets -

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0028PJ10K/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=DVETVI1ZF5E8&coliid=I2D37L01Z4XZKW&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/Tri-Lynx-00019-LynxCap/dp/B000UOBIZC/ref=cm_wl_huc_err

Then you can look at this list for other ideas -

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/DVETVI1ZF5E8/ref=nav_wishlist_lists_2?reveal=all&view=null

I use pieces of cut plywood under the jacks and then put the Tri- Lynx blocks with caps on top when needed. We didn't have room to bring everything with us but you will want to bring a regular garden hose to hook up to the black tank wash and a Y adapter for the faucet so that you can run both the trailer water hose and the tank rinse hose at the same time.

Also this is adaquit but ramps are better

https://smile.amazon.com/Camco-43051-Sidewinder-Plastic-Support/dp/B000BUU5WW/ref=pd_sim_263_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VP41P0XJ4FMY97ZVN2H4

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

• Moderators

I feel like the step child!  I didn't get the water quick connect nor the water pressure regulator.  However, I did forget to mention the 30 amp to 15 amp connector plug thing.  I guess that hug from Anita did more than make me forget about the check I had just written.  In any case, this is why I said to give the sales office a call about this question.

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I feel like the step child! I didn’t get the water quick connect nor the water pressure regulator. However, I did forget to mention the 30 amp to 15 amp connector plug thing. I guess that hug from Anita did more than make me forget about the check I had just written. In any case, this is why I said to give the sales office a call about this question. Bill

Thank you for the info Bill. I will do just that!

I really don't understand what people use the water quick connect for. I just don't see any benefits for it. How do you guys use it?

Happy Camping,

null

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

• Moderators

Reed & Karen,

In the past, and I assume in the present, there have been some owners that find the water connections on the street side of the Oliver to be hard to get to.  Primarily I think this is because they have had some problems with knees, back or related physical issues.  By putting a quick connect on these connections once and leaving them there, they have found it easier to simply push on the quick connect versus screwing and un-screwing each time.

Bill

• Thanks 1

Reed & Karen, In the past, and I assume in the present, there have been some owners that find the water connections on the street side of the Oliver to be hard to get to. Primarily I think this is because they have had some problems with knees, back or related physical issues. By putting a quick connect on these connections once and leaving them there, they have found it easier to simply push on the quick connect versus screwing and un-screwing each time. Bill

So they leave them uncapped then, yuk... I have a chair that I use for set up, so I can sit down right in front of them, reach right in and put the hose on with no pain. I thought about using the quick connect on my filter but I would still need 2 to make a cap for each end, so there it sits for now...

Happy Camping,

null

I like the brass QC's that HD sell. I have them on all three water connections and leave attached except when I'm using them. I don't have any physical problems at all. I walk at least four miles almost every morning with no problem. I keep all three QC's capped with the black caps that come with the OTT. The QC's just make the job of hooking up the water hose's much, much easier and faster for me.

Just my personal preference.

Hap

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Last week I purchased a set of quick connects from Harbor Freight and one of the female connects does not work properly, so, they go back to the store.  Be sure to check them before you need them.

Reed & Karen - anyone that I know of using these quick connects either uses the standard Oliver caps or gets other caps for when a hose is not attached.

Bill

I like the brass QC’s that HD sell. I have them on all three water connections and leave attached except when I’m using them. I don’t have any physical problems at all. I walk at least four miles almost every morning with no problem. I keep all three QC’s capped with the black caps that come with the OTT. The QC’s just make the job of hooking up the water hose’s much, much easier and faster for me. Just my personal preference. Hap

So... How many sets does it take to cap everything? Just 4? Or do you cap both ends of the hose for storage? I thought about running brass 90°s and pipe them both over to the tail, but it's not bad now that I've done it a few times with the chair.

Happy Camping,

null

• Moderators

For what its worth - I do cap my fresh water hoses and place them in plastic bags while on the road.  I have used the quick connects on Twist, but I do not like traveling with them in place.  They don't stick out far, but .....

• Thanks 1

I screw the ends of the hose together, loop it up into a circle and then tie both sides with bungee balls to keep it ready to use. Then I have a 4' hose that I use from the hose bib to the filter. I use the bungee balls to then strap the filter to the stand pipe or screw the ends of the 4' hose to the filter for storage. I usually keep them in a box, but... I still need to buy a new box for the new trailer :)

Happy Camping,

null

I like the brass QC’s that HD sell. I have them on all three water connections and leave attached except when I’m using them. I don’t have any physical problems at all. I walk at least four miles almost every morning with no problem. I keep all three QC’s capped with the black caps that come with the OTT. The QC’s just make the job of hooking up the water hose’s much, much easier and faster for me. Just my personal preference. Hap

So… How many sets does it take to cap everything? Just 4? Or do you cap both ends of the hose for storage? I thought about running brass 90°s and pipe them both over to the tail, but it’s not bad now that I’ve done it a few times with the chair.

I use three. One on the black tank flush connection and one on the fresh water tank connection and one on the city water connection. I leave both parts of the three QC,s attached to the trailer while traveling or not in use with the OTT black caps attached to the QC,s.

It only takes about 30 seconds to take the female part of the QC off of the trailer and then connect it to the water hose and then reconnect to the trailer.

I've left the QC,s attached to the trailer for thousands of miles and never had a problem but who knows what will happen in the future.

Hap

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

I think that I'll borrow the 4' hose deal - I've always left my water filter connected to the main 25' and (as you do) simply connected the ends together for travel.  But, the 4' deal sounds like it will be a bit easier to handle - thanks.

Bill

• Thanks 1