Nonie and Stuart Lay

zzlay

Hello to all!  My wife and I are starting to look for our next trailer, something primarily for the two of us.  We have two boys, both off to school now, and they don't camp with us so often.

We've been RV'ing for a decade now.  We purchased a Salem bunkhouse travel trailer in 2007 and have thoroughly enjoyed it.  Trips to Disney, family visits, and other wanderings in that trailer will always be some of our best memories.

Our wish list for the new RV include a smaller, more nimble unit that tows easily with less worry about sway and the like. And also a higher quality one.   I've been a fan of Airstreams for decades, but am not sure I want the maintenance and some of the other downsides that come with one.  The Oliver is an intriguing alternative.

I look forward to reading and gaining from everyone's experience.  I hope along the way I can also offer a helpful tidbit or two.

Thanks in advance for everything.  This should be a fun journey!

stuart

• Thanks 2

zz

Hello Stuart and Nonie,

Like you, we also looked at Airstreams and there is a dealership not to far from our house. We went down there a couple of times and knew exactly what we wanted, a 25FB... But after watching their forums and seeing all of the maintenance issues, along with needing to tow it with a larger Gas Guzzler that we have, our choice was easy and for the last 2 weeks, we've have been happily living in our new Oliver Elite II named the Lil' Nugget and we're still getting around 20mpg. Yesterday we made it to the Atlantic Ocean for the first time ever and we had started out on February 3rd from all the way over in California. So you can see that we travelled along way to pick up our new Olli and this was after many hours of researching all of the different brands that we knew of. In the end, it was Airstream and Oliver that were left standing, but there was really no comparrison between the 2. Oliver won,hands down, well ahead of any other competition.

We wish you the best of luck in your search and you have found a great place to get started :)

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II