Hull #200 in service, pt2

KarenLukens

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

My stove knobs are nine years old, and fine. Clear coat if you feel like it...

Can't hurt.

Temper my remarks with the fact that I still love my 40 year old P E Luke gimballed range on our boat.

Sure would love to have an oven ... Not the microwave... In the Oliver.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Good grief Bill, If I had know what strees it would create, I would have elected to keep pushing that truck down the road. No, we created our own special stress by deciding to sell the farm and move half way across the country. Blacksburg, VA here we come.

Stan

• Thanks 1

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

What is the answer on the stove knobs? Maybe clear fingernail polish?

Yup, the finger nail polish sealed it right up :)

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Another successful state map update :)

Then last night we spent the night in the Superstition Mountains at the Lost Dutchman Campground, thinking that I would be taking the car in for an engine light that appeared yesterday in the 100°+ weather... But I started the car this morning and it was normal again :)

<span style="line-height: 1.5;">[attachment file=47928]

[attachment file=47919]</span>

[attachment file=47922]

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Today, we're in Texas at Little House Customs getting a few mods. They're putting on the stainless steel refrigerator hinge & pin for the door, and Larry's installing an awning over the dinette. More pics to come...

[attachment file=48220]

[attachment file=48223]

• Thanks 2

Happy Camping,

null

• Moderators

Ahhh, the master craftsman is at work.  Have you ever seen inside the vintage Casita Larry and Debbie took on their honeymoon?  If not, it is worth a peak.  Be sure to ask Larry to pull out his custom made, one of a kind, Resonator Ukulele this evening.  Beautiful instrument, it is!

• Thanks 2

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

We also bought these Spice racks for the kitchen

[attachment file=48288]

[attachment file=48291]

Then you can see the refrigerator button guard. We weren't going to get it at first but then last week the fridge got turned off for a half hour, so When Karen reached for something in the upper cupboard, it must have gotten bumped. This was the only time that it has been hit in the last 6 weeks, but once is enough...

[attachment file=48294]

Then we also got the stainless steel fridge door hinge replacement, and that's a given if you've owned a Casita and seen all of the people who break the plastic ones it comes with.

[attachment file=48297]

More to come...

[attachment file=48300]

[attachment file=48303]

Happy Camping,

null

Hi Karen and Reed,

We pick up our "Olivia" Hull #104 2 weeks from tomorrow. Yeh!

I am very interested in getting the plastic cover for the Frig control buttons shown in your photo.

When its convenient, could I trouble you for the info to get one i.e. phone number, part number or anything to get this ordered.

Your Oliver looks great and its obvious from all your postings you two are making great use of it. Really living the dream!

Thank you in advance for your help and hope to meet up with you both some day.

Malcolm and Ursula M.

• Thanks 1

Malcolm and Ursula M.

2017 Legacy Elite II Hull # 204 "Olivia"

2016 Ram 2500HD Diesel 4x4

Malcolm and Ursula go to www.littlehousecustoms.com and go to their store tab you will find all of these products and more that Larry mostly sells for Casita's but most will also work for the Oliver. You can order from them on line and receive it fairly quickly most of which you can do your self if not he is located in Texas he does not travel to work anymore, he used to go to rally's and work from sun up to sun down working and fixing Casitas. Hope that helps. Thanks Gary

• Thanks 1

Gary & Jona

2016 Silverado 2500 Diesel

Legacy Elite II Hull 81 

ALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpgABBCMBNBNLNTNSPEQCSKYTsm.jpg.ba4d4f701cd53ebbd7ccf276c46a23eb.jpg

Folks,

I am needing to make a correction in my email. Our Oliver Hull # is 204 not 104.

Yes, our Olivia is a close sister to Karen and Reed's Nugget. :)

Malcolm M.

Malcolm and Ursula M.

The awning is nice and here it is in use.

[attachment file=48355]

It blocks the sun well and also allows you to see out, but nobody from seeing inside. I like it over the dinette.

[attachment file=48358]

[attachment file=48361]

[attachment file=48364]

[attachment file=48367]

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Folks, I am needing to make a correction in my email. Our Oliver Hull # is 204 not 104. Yes, our Olivia is a close sister to Karen and Reed’s Nugget. ???? Malcolm M.

Congratulations Malcolm, #204 is a great number :) and she's already named Olivia? Haha, a great name. We've racked up close to 5000 miles already on ours, and it's been a lot of fun :)

We had them add this bar in for getting in the door but it also doubles as an extra hand hold when getting up from the toilet or stepping safely out of a wet shower. Every Olli should come with this -

[attachment file=48375]

Happy Camping,

null

Command hooks really make the Lil' Nugget complete. I have them in my tool shed, under the bed, outside to hold the ropes for the chocks, and then these inside the shower. Lowe's has the best selection that we've found and this type put in the shower, does double duty. When not showering, they hold the broom and mop, but when showering... They really make the difference. Plus they also double as holders for our grand kids. Just use your imagination :)

[attachment file=48382]

[attachment file=48385]

[attachment file=48388]

[attachment file=48391]

[attachment file=48394]

Happy Camping,

null

• Moderators

Monlezum:

The fridge button guard has been discussed on the Forum before.  One of our members - tractors 1 (Charlie Y) makes these and will sell direct (don't know if it is any cheaper but at least our member would keep all the money) and he is very easy to deal with.  I'd recommend sending him a PM.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
Monlezum: The fridge button guard has been discussed on the Forum before. One of our members – tractors 1 (Charlie Y) makes these and will sell direct (don’t know if it is any cheaper but at least our member would keep all the money) and he is very easy to deal with. I’d recommend sending him a PM. Bill

I got mine from Charlie (RV Widget Works).  He makes them and sells them to Little House Customs.  He's easy to work with.  We got ours after someone leaned against the fridge and turned it off.  Fortunately, it wasn't off long.  It's a good, cheap investment!  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

We also picked up the screen door support bar that gives you something strong to hold onto when coming in or going out. This is another must have item that really makes a difference.

[attachment file=48466]

[attachment file=48469]

Plus we picked up some "Under Cabinet Shelves" that work great for glasses, watches,small change,cell phones, etc... We put one on each side of the bed.

[attachment file=48472]

[attachment file=48475]

The colors match well, it was just the lighting that makes the walls look yellower.

And Then...

[attachment file=48480]

Breakfast was a 2egg omlette, feta cheese, fresh spinach, cherry tomatoes, thin sliced turkey breast cooked in Ghee (Clarified Butter), with fresh strawberries on the side.

Happy Camping,

null

My favorite cook Karen, fresh out of the shower, in the kitchen with her blender, making Bullet Proof Coffee

[attachment file=48487]

Happy Camping,

null

• Moderators

Reed & Karen,

The screen door bar has also been on the Forum before.  Be careful with this bar - certainly the bar is fairly strong, but, the relatively light aluminum screen door that it is attached to is really not built for putting too much weight on it.  I always remind people using mine to use the grab bars (inside and outside) that are more firmly attached to the sides of the Oliver.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Reed & Karen, The screen door bar has also been on the Forum before. Be careful with this bar – certainly the bar is fairly strong, but, the relatively light aluminum screen door that it is attached to is really not built for putting too much weight on it. I always remind people using mine to use the grab bars (inside and outside) that are more firmly attached to the sides of the Oliver. Bill

Thanks Bill :)

We had it in our Casita as well, they really do help keep me sturdy when stepping down out of our trailer, but like you said, the grab bar holds all of the weight with the right hand, and with the left hand on the screen door handle, everything is smooth as can be :)

Happy Camping,

null

We had no signal at Red Rock Canyon State Park until we turned on the Wilson Cell Phone Booster that Oliver put in. Then we had 2 Bars and 4G :)

received_10154925274170269.thumb.jpeg.3dd408292f0132f70d20667c36202c34.jpeg

IMG_20170401_101158.thumb.jpg.84fd5b4bd1afcbc23d05dcc17a20504a.jpg

10967274_10153009296085269_1963715242_o.thumb.jpg.a8e0a30d3fef13944fd00faaa9884c7c.jpg

• Thanks 3

Happy Camping,

null

Reed and Karen,

Do I see an awning for the dinette window in the top picture?  Did I miss info about that modification?  Looks great!

Buzzy

Buzzy

2016 Oliver Elite II - June 9, 2016
2016 F150 Lariat 3.5L EB, Max Towing

Reed and Karen,

Pictures and your Ollie look great. Prime property!

I have spoken with Debbie at Little House Customs. Very helpful and kind lady. I mentioned your name. I placed an order for the frig button guard. It will arrive at my home by Tuesday this week. Now I can arrive in Hohenwald the following Tuesday and have it ready to install. Along with a pickup truck loaded and a cargo carrier (fully loaded) I will to attach to my Ram 2500HD and then hitched to Olivia. Now, I thought that sentence turned out kinda clever. :)

Anyway, I inquired about the awning ya'll had installed. She informed me I would have to email a gentleman/owner to get the specifics on this i.e. price, structural materials that are used to fabricate.

From looking at your location in those pictures, I would think the new awning over the dinette would be very helpful in more than one way. We had them on our Airstream's in the past. Loved them!

Could you comment on it. Are you satisfied with your purchase, etc.

Again, thanks for getting me to Little House Customs in Texas.

Malcolm M.

Malcolm and Ursula M.

Reed and Karen, Do I see an awning for the dinette window in the top picture? Did I miss info about that modification? Looks great! Buzzy

The awning is one page back Buzzy :)

Reed and Karen, Pictures and your Ollie look great. Prime property! I have spoken with Debbie at Little House Customs. Are you satisfied with your purchase, etc. Again, thanks for getting me to Little House Customs in Texas. Malcolm M.

This is our second trailer with these awnings. One of the nice things is that they can safely be put out and left open in high winds. If we didn't like them, we wouldn't have added them to yet another trailer :)

10967421_10153010528005269_1564758831_o.thumb.jpg.4b9c4529ee20475becc1c89d00e07615.jpg

IMG_20170328_182258.thumb.jpg.9e660a69fe842e08a2229820d01411eb.jpg

• Thanks 3

Happy Camping,

null