I got a bone to pick with you!

fwunder

Whoever parked their Oliver Legacy Elite II next to Atalaya in Huntington Beach State Park in South Carolina this past week created a huge problem!

We happened to be camping in the park with our little R-Pod 178 when we saw your Oliver. You weren't home, but we walked all around it.

You cost us $15.00 in extra data charges while camping researching your incredibly beautiful TT! You created an obsession by both of us to learn everything we can about Olivers! Upon our return home, you have cost us hours of "productive" house work time while we try to figure out how to get one!

So...whoever you are...know that when we get one...it's your fault!!

Thanks a lot,

fred

• Thanks 8

Fred,

Welcome!

It was not us!!!!

Same thing happened when we saw an Oliver while camping at Mt. Pisgah NC on the Blue Ridge Parkway around 2010. Finally purchased a used 2015 Ollie last year. If you have a chance, go on a factory tour to see the build process and meet the fine folks at Oliver TT. There will be an Oliver TT rally next May in TN, too.

Hopefully meet y'all while camping in North & South Carolina!

Best Regards,

• Thanks 2

LE2

• Moderators

Hey Fred, welcome!  A good chance to see a bunch of Olivers and talk to owners is coming up the first weekend in May at the Oliver rally in Hohenwald.  If you can make it we'd all be happy to show & tell.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Nice story. There are some around you I bet. Go to this web site, look at see an Oliver. There is a list of folks willing to show, or the factory can set up a look see.

I know your pain. We followed one through Biddeford, Maine a couple of years ago. Said I have never seen one before. Looks like what we want. Researched. Now have one near the end of the production line...

Good luck.

fwunder,

Great story.  I saw my first Ollie years ago, before the Elite ll came out.  Never forgot how nice it was.  Then I discovered the Elite ll last year and that did it.  After making mistakes with several stickies, I finally got a clue.  Now our Ollie is sitting in the garage waiting for the next adventure.

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

Thanks for the warm welcome folks!

Having spent most of the afternoon chasing down a leak, ordering new wall panels to repair water damage, emptying the trailer so we can find the gaps where the mouse and stink bugs got in, making notes of the rust I need to deal with this spring, etc., I am more convinced than ever a (sealed) fiberglass RV is in our future.

Don't get me wrong. We've had a blast with our r-pod traveling to and up the west coast, several trips up and down the entire east coast, Canada and points between. It really has been good to us and is kinda cute. It has become painfully apparent, however, that I don't want to be spending so much time maintaining/repairing/modifying our little traveling home.

We're gonna do it! We're gonna get an Oliver!

We just got figure out how and when.

In the meantime, I'm going to be doing a lot of lurking here. I will be the best informed Oliver wannabe ever!

Thanks again and a little treat to take a many of you down memory lane when you owned something like the rest of us, I like to try to document some of the stuff we have done and bought to improve our traveling experience => http://goo.gl/8WM9Mv

fred

P.S. We're in New Jersey (west). We just needed to escape to Florida and SC last week.

Welcome Fred, that's pretty funny, I have never heard anyone refer to West New Jersey. I lived in South Jersey for a few years.

It wasn't me either, but I sure wish it was, that would've meant I was in much warmer weather.

I have to agree, that once you've done the research, the aren't really too many choices in travel trailers, if you want to do it right.

Good luck with the process, if you come up with any questions just let us know.

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

Thanks Randy.

Yeah, West New Jersey. ;) I just get tired of hearing, "What exit?" when I mention we're from New Jersey. Moved here (Hunterdon County) from South Florida about eleven years ago. Yeah, I know that's weird too but it really is pretty out here.

The only question I got so far is: Where are the rod holders?!

fred

Yup, I was gonna ask if you were from the Phillipsburg or Carney Point area.

Took a look at your photos, you are pretty handy at the mods, I think you might get bored with an Oliver and the lack of rework necessary. The nice part is that so much can be accomplished with suction cups.

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

Hey Fred... NJ Here too.  We are in the Caldwells.  There are several Ollie's planning on hitting the NH Spring Fling in May.  It's a fiberglass RV event.  If you come to that you can see inside as well as out.  No Drooling! :-)

If you want a tour send me a PM.  I store the trailer about an hour away and will be picking it up for the May trip.

Good Luck and hope an Oliver is in your near future.

Scotty

Flying Sea Turtle - Hull #145

• Thanks 1

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

Scotty,

NJ?! What exit? Just kidding. Actually, I was doing business in Elizabeth, NJ yesterday. Hey neighbor!

Thanks for the welcome, the offer and for being a friend of turtles! Good Karma.

I did PM you. Thanks again.

fred

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Welcome Fred, pleased to hear about your interest in Oliver Travel Trailers! And sorry to hear about the 15.00 in overage fees! I am sure you may have already scoured the website but in case you have not, there is a map you can view. The map will show you where the Oliver Travel Trailer owners who have joined our Referral program are located, you can even request to see one in the area if they are close. That link can be found here: http://olivertraveltrailers.com/see-an-ollie/

Maybe it was one of them you had seen!

Cheers,

Jason

• Thanks 2

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

Thanks Jason!

Yes, I have scoured the website several times, watched every Buzzy "Living with Ollie" video and worn the edges of the printed brochures sent from the factory! I lurk here too.

This has all been done in between digging out old and inferior caulk and re-doing the seams of my current TT, dealing with rust - tacking, gluing and screwing loosened trim and accessories and coating slide-out seals and thoroughly inspecting for any signs of water intrusion or rot or mold.

What do Ollie owners do with all their free time?! Do you get bored? ;)

I can't wait to get bored!

Thanks again,

Fred

• Thanks 2