Hello,we are new here...

Hikegsm

Hello everyone. My husband and I are new to the Forum. We have learned a lot from the site, reading as a guest and watching many of Buzzy's fine videos ( big Thank You for those Buzzy!), but thought it was time to join the group and introduce ourselves. We are long time fiberglass fans. We stared out in a Casita in 2005; up-sized to a 21FB Bigfoot in 2008. And now, after 9 years, it is time for a new trailer. We were planning another up-size but decided to take a look at Olivers first. We toured the factory and we were hooked ????. We hope to take delivery of our new 2017 Oliver Elite II in early May! Our decision on an Oliver was made in part because of the stories, experiences, and information that you have shared on this site. So hello everyone... and thank you!

• Thanks 4

Yvonne & Doug

2017 Legacy Elite II, twin bed

Hull #223

2017 Ford F-250 Lariat, crew cab

Welcome to the growing Oliver family of owners. Hope you are planning on joining the Rally in real early May. You should be able to learn a lot, and even meet some of the pioneers that make the forum great. If your new unit isn't done yet I bet they let you in with your old unit. Maybe if you ask they could deliver at the Rally? At least your travel distance would be less than some. Again...Welcome...

• Thanks 1

Hello & Welcome :)

We started our Fiberglass RV binge out with a Casita also and then started saving up for our Oliver that we just picked up last month. This 4 season trailer really is the best of the best and you guys will be really happy :) It's big enough and comfortable enough to live in full time with room to spare, yet still tows like a dream behind many smaller crossover SUV's :)

• Thanks 2

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Hi Hikegsm,

I was moved by your thoughtful introduction.  Like yourself, I experienced a very similar journey in deciding to purchase my Ollie.

In many ways, buying an Ollie is so much more than simply buying a piece of camping equipment.  As a future owner, you need to know there is a team who can help as the inevitable questions or concerns arise.  That team communicates via the Oliver Forum.  This is our neighborhood.  It is far more than existing owners.  It also includes Oliver staff, component product technicians, curious potential owners and future owners like yourself.  Please continue to post your observations as well as any questions or concerns.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Buzzy

• Thanks 1

Buzzy

2016 Oliver Elite II - June 9, 2016
2016 F150 Lariat 3.5L EB, Max Towing

• Moderators

Welcome to the group!  As Buzzy said you're joining a team, and there is plenty of "Oliver" expertise here to share.  The factory tour was the deciding factor for us, too.  If you can make it to the Rally we'd all enjoy meeting you.  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

We would love to come to the rally and meet everyone. Not sure if the timing will workout for us though. We have friends in town that week and we don't have a firm delivery date on the new Oliver yet. I will be talking to Anita today and will ask about the rally....maybe it will work out ????

Yvonne & Doug

Hull #223

Thank you for the warm welcome Buzzy. I am very happy to see you have little Buddy Bear. We have a couple of fur babies too. I may use them for our avatar if I can ever figure out how to do it ????.

I am sure to have a ton of questions. Right now we are a little overwhelmed trying to make our decisions on all the options for our trailer. It is already in production and changes can cost money if made too far down the line. I currently am worried about the TV placement with the twin beds. I am not tall but don't want to knock my head when nature calls in the middle of the night,...thought I would read on that end too since the night stand is there. Does the TV get in the way? Jason said it was fixed and did not flip up...

Yvonne & Doug

Hull #223

Thank you Mike. We would love to come to the rally if our little Ollie is ready in time. Sounds like there is going to be a good turn out!

Yvonne & Doug

Hull #223

Right now we are a little overwhelmed trying to make our decisions on all the options for our trailer. It is already in production and changes can cost money if made too far down the line. I currently am worried about the TV placement with the twin beds. I am not tall but don’t want to knock my head when nature calls in the middle of the night,…thought I would read on that end too since the night stand is there. Does the TV get in the way? Jason said it was fixed and did not flip up…

Hi Hikegsm,

Deciding which options to choose can be time consuming, but also very rewarding.  With your prior knowledge of RVing, you will have a good idea what you might need to support your style of camping.  If a particular option is puzzling, post your concerns and I am sure one of us will provide you with an owner prospective.

I understand your concern regarding the TV placement.  I use the bed on the other side, so I am not the best source to guide you.  I do know several owners have repositioned their TVs to the rear center over the nightstand.  One of them may jump in with their thought process and the results they are now experiencing.

In any case, this is all very exciting!  Enjoy every moment!

Buzzy

PS - Love your avatar!

Buzzy

2016 Oliver Elite II - June 9, 2016
2016 F150 Lariat 3.5L EB, Max Towing

Welcome to OllieLand. We will be collecting our new rig May 15; maybe our paths will cross.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.