Factory Installed Curved Shower Rod (for curtain in front of toilet)

donbob3

Thanks for the photos.  Did you install or did the Factory install?  I am assuming that you installed..  If u installed , did you just drill through cabinet and bolt attachment with stainless bolts? Is that a towel bar on the left?  How was that attached?  Hope to see u at rally #140.

Yes in house. All marine grade SS hardware and screws. Used 3M 5200 marine sealant. And yes its a towel rack on the left.

Greg:

Where did you purchase the shower rod from?  Also do you have the model number for the shower rod?  I assume you mounted the shower rod using SS screws and the 3M 5200 marine sealant was used around the screws.

I have been looking for a shower rod to install in the same location as your rod is mounted.

Thanks in advance for the information.

• Thanks 1

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

Seems I have been asking the wrong questions. Maybe I have been talking to the wrong person? I have never heard about a shower/curtain rod being available for in front of the toilet. What a great idea and time saver! As I look at the pictures, what an easy modification to do. A piece of masking tape, under the bracket, to draw the location of the pilot hole should also keep the fiberglass from chipping. A curtain would keep dirty clothes, a wastebasket, and all kinds of assorted items dry until after a shower A different rod or modification would also keep a towel, on the towel rod, dry. We have some quality marine stores nearby, but would think with a little 'research' (shopping) even Home Depot would produce a quality item. Thank you, looks like we have our first modification to do...

• 1 year later...

I had a factory installed shower curtain in front of my toilet in my 2018 Oliver Elite 11. I hung a curtain on the tract but it falls down. There's nothing installed to prevent the entire curtain from sliding down the track. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions are appreciated.

• Thanks 1

That's disappointing. We ordered that shower curtain track and are in the process of shopping for a curtain now. Prior to ordering we waffled back and forth on whether to buy it. In the end we thought the factory solution was cleaner than a straight bar and we could easily choose to not use it.

Maybe a snap at the top of the uphill side would hold it in position when desired. Or a thin hook (aside: I recently discovered 3M makes Command strips for bathrooms / wet environments) could be used to grab the first hole on the shower curtain.

• Thanks 1

2018 OLEII #344   |   2018 Ford Expedition

AZCACOGAKSMONMTNWYsm.jpg

Oh, I didn't know there was another section of track by the door. We weren't planning on using that.

Does the door keep the water contained in the bathroom? If so I don't see why one would need a curtain there.

2018 OLEII #344   |   2018 Ford Expedition

AZCACOGAKSMONMTNWYsm.jpg

I had a factory installed shower curtain in front of my toilet in my 2018 Oliver Elite 11. I hung a curtain on the tract but it falls down. There’s nothing installed to prevent the entire curtain from sliding down the track. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions are appreciated.

We do not have the shower curtain track in our Oliver but did have one in our Bigfoot. They make stops for the curtain track. This is like the one in our Bigfoot. You could probably use a bit of chalk in the track to stop the curtain where you wanted without using an end stop.

5EEB08BD-6769-430D-A944-583F10A07B9A.thumb.jpeg.5abf696a58e39a2407fe193a526d2799.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Yvonne & Doug

2017 Legacy Elite II, twin bed

Hull #223

2017 Ford F-250 Lariat, crew cab

We asked for the one in front of the toilet but Oliver gave us the one over the door by mistake. So I ordered the parts and installed it myself, and now we have both, lol, though the one over the door just get used as an occasional towel rod. It wasn't hard, but I did have to do a lot of eyeball work to get it lined up just so against the curved front wall. I put mine higher and in front of the cabinet to give more headroom over the toilet and I lined it up with the bottom of the cabinet door so that when open the door sits on the rod at 90° and acts as a shelf. Very convenient. The curtain keeps the toilet area very dry, with just a little splash around the sides.

IMG_0826.thumb.jpg.e0cccfbdd2be4763d3253ebceb8f977f.jpg

IMG_0828.thumb.jpg.ab43d8c3aa8bbfd6ef50b76c838d9872.jpg

IMG_0830.thumb.jpg.7545c2d343eca57cb36ad0257aaf65c6.jpg

• Thanks 5
  • Like 4

Montana Oliver, you posted two pictures of a flexible curtain rod on this thread. Can you tell me where you got it and the model number? I am doing the same thing using 3Ms mushroom hook tape (like Velcro but 10x stronger and no fuzzy side) but the flexible rod I ordered off Amazon only flexes right to left, not downward to ride the curve on the ceiling i front of the commode. I need one like you have in the picture

• 4 months later...

Thought I would add my completed curtain rod project.  I used Overland's style so the rod would be a little higher to decrease the chance of another mark on my bald head. I drilled a 1/16 inch pilot hole, used a countersink to smooth hole to a little bigger that 5/32 inch. Then drilled a 5/32 inch hole in center of countersink. 5/32 inch is the suggested pilot hole for a # 10 machine screw. Sealed everything with 3M 4200. The machine screws worked perfect with no cracking of gel coat and everything pulled up tight.

ShowerC1.jpg.abd105243912f7f6637a8307c0a9699c.jpg

ShowerC2.jpg.bbc00705557a8276e3cfbd3de702823f.jpg

ShowerC3.jpg.06c08e07e57b0236b94de6d9620f6e16.jpg

ShowerC4.jpg.6cd4546fb3fc13881756b6ab93dde729.jpg

Shower-curtain-parts.jpg.a25ad72b0f3c7c791351a14c32fb1815.jpg

• Thanks 5
  • Like 3

Scott&Ricki

2017 Legacy Elite II Twin, Hull 225, The Bus 
2007 Tundra 
Prev: 2003 Casita, 2009 Weekend Warrior 

• 10 months later...

I think everyone who has the solid curtain rod had to do it themselves. Oliver was going to install mine for me (this was back when they did modifications), but they misunderstood and installed one in front of the door instead. So now I have two, lol. You can find the part list for the curtain rod in this post.

• 9 months later...

Oliver should change their shower curtain option to the bar above the toilet (in front of, not below, the cabinet).

• Like 2

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• 3 months later...

If you are thinking of adding a shower curtain as seen above, I just installed the rod like described by Overland but used  3M VHB tape to secure to the wall.  I cut the threads off the screws and glued them in place to make it appear to be screwed to the wall.  Came out real nice and the wife is pleased, so I'm happy.

• Like 4

If you are thinking of adding a shower curtain as seen above, I just installed the rod like described by Overland but used  3M VHB tape to secure to the wall.  I cut the threads off the screws and glued them in place to make it appear to be screwed to the wall.  Came out real nice and the wife is pleased, so I'm happy.

IMG_9640.jpg

IMG_8753.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, dfdouglas said:

Nice to hear the adhesive attachment works.  No problem with water affecting adhesion?  Is the rod in the way when using the toilet . . . . . Is it in the way when accessing the overhead cabinet. . . . . . would a tall person's head hit it?  It's hard to visualize, not seeing it in person.  I was thinking of installing it further back and on the bottom of the overhead cabinet (Elite II).

Edited by Susan Huff

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

Susan, here is a photo of the full curtain rod with curtain.  In the photo the cabinet door is down to show it opens fine.  I installed the rod prior to a recent two week trip In which we only used our trailer bath facilities and it was not a problem.  There is a photo near the top of this thread showing an install under the cabinet but I think that might be more of an issue hitting your head getting up from the toilet.  As for the adhesive tape it is also used on outdoor applications so moisture should not be an issue.  I think the bigger issue might be if I ever wanted to remove it.. With the curved outer wall and the factory installed towel rack it does not provide full protection to the toilet area but is a big improvement.  

IMG_3116.jpg

• Thanks 3
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...