Factory Installed Curved Shower Rod (for curtain in front of toilet)

donbob3

Thought about the factory shower rod when we ordered our trailer, but decided to not get it. I put up those 3m stick on hooks in white and just clip on the shower curtain when we use it. I will say here we have just about stopped using the trailer shower and use the showers at the camping grounds, much easier to do with more room and plenty of hot water. Yes, we could have gotten the tankless water heater, but still would have not showered in the trailer. I know many are too private to shower in a camping grounds shower and we all know they have COOITIES.

trainman

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Trainman said:

I know many are too private to shower in a camping grounds shower and we all know they have COOITIES.

Campground showers are usually ok if you are at a campground with showers.  Many of us camp where there are no showers and so we use our Oliver shower a lot.  Yes, some campground showers have cooties, or worse, but most are perfectly acceptable - just not as convenient as showering in the trailer.  Mike

• Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

We will use the campground showers most of the time if they are clean and kept up.  We are mostly in state parks or COE.  So far this last month we had good luck.  If the showers are gross we have no problem using the Ollie or  when boondocking.  We like it just fine.  The extra room at the campgrounds is nice and we can go a little longer before hitting the dump station.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Mattnan said:

We will use the campground showers most of the time if they are clean and kept up.  We are mostly in state parks or COE.  So far this last month we had good luck.  If the showers are gross we have no problem using the Ollie or  when boondocking.  We like it just fine.  The extra room at the campgrounds is nice and we can go a little longer before hitting the dump station.  

Plus you can stand under hot water a little longer!

• Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2021 at 9:24 AM, Mike and Carol said:

Campground showers are usually ok if you are at a campground with showers.  Many of us camp where there are no showers and so we use our Oliver shower a lot.  Yes, some campground showers have cooties, or worse, but most are perfectly acceptable - just not as convenient as showering in the trailer.  Mike

The only person I every knew was my sister when she was young, but today I think she doesn't have them anymore.

trainman

• Haha 4

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• 1 year later...
On 6/4/2018 at 10:51 AM, Overland said:

So I ordered the parts and installed it myself

Hey man, catching up on some old posts.  We are looking at installing a shower curtain rod and yours looks perfect.  Where did you get this one?  Thanks for the detail in your post.

Appreciate anything you can share.

Brian

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

Hey man, catching up on some old posts.  We are looking at installing a shower curtain rod and yours looks perfect.  Where did you get this one?  Thanks for the detail in your post.

Brian

Did you follow this post?

Mossey

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

On 3/14/2017 at 2:59 PM, Greg and Janet Gato said:

This is what we installed. It has worked out very well.

Nice work, is your light switch up under the cabinet?  If so, did the shower rod get in the way or is it low enough to get your fingers through?

Thanks - Brian

I like the Oliver shower curtain rod and the shower curtain. The shower curtain drys very fast.

We have been camping lately at campgrounds that charge for the hot water and if they are clean and have a changing room we use the campground one.

If not, we just use the Ollie shower. Yes a little cramped but always clean and we do not take long showers.

• Like 2

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

On 8/11/2023 at 11:53 AM, Brian and Brandelyne said:

Brian

Brian, let me know if my install is of interest.

1E942D18-3BBA-4242-8181-808EBE4B48DE.thumb.jpeg.c835165d80b3761cad5f3df30e931ff5.jpeg

B49F35F0-E2E7-41B8-B517-9225BCE0758C.thumb.jpeg.b53ead91f44774e9c31ef7d14893e965.jpeg3C0392A5-EBAA-46F6-B7BD-E12EADD1306B.thumb.jpeg.34acb8a9f3b5f6c8c16aae18403d5017.jpeg

• Like 2

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt

36 minutes ago, Ronbrink said:

Brian, let me know if my install is of interest.

It is of interest, we are just trying to decide if we want the under-mount, like yours or the top mount just under the cabinet door.

Thank you!

Brian

• Like 2

• Moderators

Well,  a great number of us have no curtain.  Probably more important with a composting toilet. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

11 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

It is of interest, we are just trying to decide if we want the under-mount, like yours or the top mount just under the cabinet door.

Thank you!

Brian

Understood, I had the same dilemma and concerns with my install. The under-cabinet mount could impede access to the light switch, so care needs to be taken in positioning; although right-handed I find it easier, given the restricted switch access, to now reach in with the left hand, palm up, and turn the switch on with a fingertip. I became accustomed after a few times and this concern is no longer an issue. I was also concerned that a rod passing under the light would adversely affect the lighting, so to negate the issue a ‘clear’ acrylic rod and plastic rings were used; problem solved. It seems a rod installed under the cabinet door, an option you are considering, would further impede the lighting. I like that the curtain hugs the corner walls when tucked away and that it can easily be pulled over to cover the window for more privacy, as needed. In doing so, the bottom of the curtain fits behind the toilet well enough to not be in the way when seated, a concern I had if the rod was positioned further out. I don’t see much difference in the two mounting options you are considering with regards to draping the curtain over the towel rack and toilet when showering. Good luck with your endeavor.

• Like 1

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt

The factory shower rod is nice because it (curves around the side) covers two sides, the toilet side and the doorway side. We can leave the door open and no water hits the toilet area or gets out of the shower stall into the cabin. With the door open there is not as much steam moisture in that area.

• Thanks 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine