The Oliver wish list -

KarenLukens

We've been thinking about our new Lil' Nugget and have come up with a short wish list of things that we would have liked to have added if the options were available. Please feel free to add your wish list in and let's compare.

1st on our list is a split tinted window in the front door that can be opened that we can see out of.

Then... Levels inside so that you can see exactly where you're sitting and make changes when needed. (I have added them)

Buttons to raise and lower the jacks or stabilizers inside under the kitchen button pannel.

Doors mounted on the propane storage compartment and have the inside finished off with a floor and walls to hold blocks and chocks.

The toolbox door either a little wider or closer to the back and wide enough to mount a full length pull out tool drawer in that storage area.

A matching paper towel holder mounted under the upper cabinet.

A towel rack across the back of the shower so that the towels can hang behind the toilet instead of the rack to the right of it.

A little taller sewer hose opening on the right side section that a person can fit a hand into and hold on to the hose when getting out out.

Either a light switch outside the door or a motion sensor to turn the lights on at night when trying to find the key hole.

And maybe some front stabilizers to tighten the feel when getting in. The one tongue jack works but leaves the front a bit wobbly. And that's it for now and many of them we can add on ourselves and have plans for some.

We're heading out to Texas today to go see Larry and Debbie at Little House Customs and we are going to get the rear and side window awnings put on and see what else we can come up with. If the stabilizers that he has will work, then we will add a couple there also. It would be nice to have them installed at the factory with automatic stabilizers like the ones it comes with, but it's not something that is usually done at the factory on many RV's.

[attachment file=48067]

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

I love the idea of extra storage inside the propane area!  At least with an access port so I don't have to remove that darn thing.

I already have stabilizers (manual) towards the front. Trumpet Guy added them before he abandoned Ollie to AS.

Motions sensitive porch light would be useful, and probaly easy to add a battery operated one ourselves in this age. Should stick right on, perhaps on the door itself.

The Donald and I are both blessed with small hands, so the sewer is not problem for us.

• Thanks 1

Mike and Elizabeth Smith

Snow Lake Shores, MS

2016 Ford F150 3.5 EB, max tow (20,900  miles pulling Ollie since Sept 2016)

• Moderators

Larry and Debbie are good people and very good friends.  Little House Customs will take excellent care of you.  Over the years, Larry has crawled all over The Wonder Egg and made some nifty improvements for me.  Show him your wish list and he might be able to help you out on a few items, and more.  He'll love crawling around in a 23.5er and will do it proud!

Tell them Pete says hello and ask him to play you a few ukulele tunes.

• Thanks 2

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

I agree with the idea of a small see through window in the door. When someone (highway patrol) knocks on your door at midnight, it would be nice to see who was there. Of course a small kitchen window would slap be nice. I would like the jack switches inside, since we always level off the counter by the stove. At least you people with the newer trailers don't have to stand on your head to see the switches, and I always get the wrong one and push up when I want down. We never had a stability issue with the front jack, actually we often just stabilize with  2 jacks.

Stan

• Thanks 1

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• Moderators

Years ago, one of the early 17 owners moved jack switches inside. Paul keifer, I think? He and his wife pioneered a lot of small, but really nice changes.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderator+

On our original 2008 Outlaw Oliver all the switches for the exterior lights were on the port side of the propane cover.  Not only were they outside, they were on the opposite side from the door.  This was not very handy for illuminating that strange noise in the middle of the night.  One of my first mods was to add additional switches and convert them all into 3-ways.  That way we could operate them from inside or outside.  While I was running all those wires, it hit me that it would be nice to have control of the jacks on the inside also.  More wire...and switches.  During the build of the 2014 Outlaw Oliver, I directed the electrician to add remote wiring to the rear upper cabinet for future plans to add interior jack controls.  Its nice to be able to control all three jacks from the inside.

[attachment file=48112]

[attachment file=48109]

[attachment file=48115]

• Thanks 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

One of our first 'mods', when we get our unit home, will be the propane tank area. We already know the hatches and port that we will use. We have the tools and material mostly on hand already. We were going to have the company do it, but when they called back and said they were confused about where in the bathroom we wanted them, we decided to cancel.

Home Depot has a solar powered stick on motion activated light on sale for around $12. Just have to figure where to put so the open door or awning doesn't shadow the collector...

• Thanks 1

Adding a floor to the propane storage area is a great idea, but I would caution aginst the floor being solid.  It should be perforated or mesh to allow air flow in the event of a leak.  I would NOT want to seal in a propane leak, no matter how small.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

So true. Propane is heavier than air and tank areas must have venting.

I'm sure no one here is constructing a solid floor in the propane tank locker. That would be a prescription for disaster.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

On our boat, we have vented tanks, plus two switches to the solenoid to operate the tanks.

Granted, easier to deal with a small leak in a trailer than 75 miles offshore, but pause for thought....

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

I'm thinking about building a separate compartment, behind the tanks, that totally separates the tank area and the front electronics into their own compartments and then enclose the back area for blocks, etc... I've got a sheet of 1" flat expanded stainless steel at the house for flooring. Then I also have a roll of the black V- mat and a roll of belting for insulation or vibration protection on the walls.

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Mike.  I believe I went over the switches I installed to control the rear jacks from inside the trailer.  Steve L. Coached me on how to do it.  The switches are on the wall of the street side bed just below the bed support.  It's nice to level side to side from inside the trailer.

On the road in Southern Arizona making our way to Grand Canyon Village.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

We are going to move the tanks forward a little bit. There was some who reported some of the factory bolts were shearing off. We want to add an aluminium piece of angle and some expanded mesh for a floor held in place with u bolts. Then we will put a marine hatch on each side for chocks and blocks. Thanking maybe a 12' hose for the propane stove accessible from the starboard (curb) hatch. We are kinda concerned about having a quick connect on the front tongue where it might be subject to rocks and debris. We guess a hatch on both sides make sense so if the tow vehicle is close to the hitch we don't have to walk way around...

• Moderators

Mmm. I'm so leery about making any changes to the propane compartment. Especially to walls and floor.

Been through one tiny stove flareup on the boat . Twenty years ago ...

Easily contained with the first of two LP switches​. Yes, I'm probably more paranoid, because if we have to ditch from the boat, it's into deep water, and a raft. But, from a fire standpoint, all the same. Scary.

If it were me, I would leave it alone, as we have for nine successful years. When my 40 year old P E Luke on the boat finally gives up the ghost, I will add a diesel stove. It's the only propane user onboard. I love the old stove, and Paul checks it and the piping and pressure regularly, but I'd be ok without propane at sea.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

Our fifth wheel and motorhome both were in complete compartments, but with mesh (open) floors. Never had a problem.

Alcohol stoves were always the norm for offshore, as they were water extinguished. We have used propane BBQ but they were gimbeled to the rail and oveboard.

• Thanks 1