Topic and numbers have disappeared.

Mainiac

• Moderator+

I agree, the forum has become/is becoming all but unusable with the slow connection speeds and the seemingly endless changes that pop up unannounced almost daily.  So, would the keymaster Id'd as JWalmsley please step forth with a post and explain what your function is.  We also need a direct contact cell number for you so we can contact you whenever there is a problem.  Since the forum members generally consider this a 24/7 job, it would probably be wise to include your usual bedtime so we'd have an idea when it would be too late to call you.

• Thanks 8

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

I emailed Matt on this same topic yesterday. They are aware, and working on it.

I suspect it's frustrating them, too.

Sorry for the hassles. I am still having to post on mobile data. The board doesn't like my high speed FiOS connection, apparently.

Sherry

• Thanks 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Betty and I are currently in S/W Arkansas and the forums slow response speeds coupled with our 3G connection make getting on the forums difficult.

As a former KEYMASTER that was reduced to MODERATOR without notification, I feel that my input will have little if any weight in the conversation. I no longer get a heads up from the IT  department when they make changes, so I find some of those changes baffling.

As the builder of the original forums I recruited all of the current moderators with the exception of one that was appointed by the IT department. So our moderators now communicate directly with the IT department when they experience issues.  The moderators no longer have the authority that they had in the past and their suggestions seem to not influence the forums operation. I find that I am somewhat out of the loop since my demotion from keymaster status and since I received no courtesy call, my conclusion was that the newly appointed keymaster was handling the things that I had felt were in my job area.

• Thanks 8

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderator+
Voices and post numbers seem to have disappeared. Can only assume there is a major or strange issue going on, as we now have two keymasters. Also activity wall is in melt down.

Voices and Post Numbers are still there.  It's just that now they are the same color as the background so you can't see them except faintly in the slightly darker every other thread line.

I'll take up for Larry, if it were not for him and him alone, this forums would not exist - AT ALL.  He started it back in 2008. I'm not sure if Oliver knows or understands how important these forums have been to their company's success and it's people like Larry and Betty Harmon that have made it great.

• Thanks 9

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

We have read most of the posts going back 8+ years. We do understand the importance that these 'Moderators' have been to the success of the forum. They have developed the wisdom as well as the shape of the future of the forum, at least to this point in time. We did not understand that Larry had started the forum, but we were aware of his importance to it. He set the tone. We have learned more from the forum than from the company.

As someone that was involved with sales and operations of a large sales organization, i am somewhat baffled by the apparent lack of involvement by the Oliver's principals in the forum. I have gotten more information from the forum than from the companies sales office. That has been my only avenue of contact with the company. My calls to the sales office have left me concerned about the lack of depth of knowledge. If it had been my organization I would be 'camped' on their desk, or they would not have one. It would be required that they spend at least sometime on the forum learning concerns, and maybe answers. It is like the black streak issue. One of the 'sales' personnel stated that when the forum talked about it they would get a lot of calls at the office, then it would fade away. Sort of like if they ignore the issue long enough it goes away. Like yellow blinds, low refrigerators, black streaks, sleeping for four (that one goes back 8 years), window over the sink, and others. Almost like if they ignore forum issues long enough, they will go away...

The importance of the forum to the Oliver's company success has to be obvious. If maybe I had studied the forum more, my rush to order might have been delayed. We now have lingering doubts, and hope it is not " buyers remorse"...

• Thanks 5

We have read most of the posts going back 8+ years. We do understand the importance that these 'Moderators' have been to the success of the forum. They have developed the wisdom as well as the shape of the future of the forum, at least to this point in time. We did not understand that Larry had started the forum, but we were aware of his importance to it. He set the tone. We have learned more from the forum than from the company.

As someone that was involved with sales and operations of a large sales organization, i am somewhat baffled by the apparent lack of involvement by the Oliver's principals in the forum. I have gotten more information from the forum than from the companies sales office. That has been my only avenue of contact with the company. My calls to the sales office have left me concerned about the lack of depth of knowledge. If it had been my organization I would be 'camped' on their desk, or they would not have one. It would be required that they spend at least sometime on the forum learning concerns, and maybe answers. It is like the black streak issue. One of the 'sales' personnel stated that when the forum talked about it they would get a lot of calls at the office, then it would fade away. Sort of like if they ignore the issue long enough it goes away. Like yellow blinds, low refrigerators, black streaks, sleeping for four (that one goes back 8 years), window over the sink, and others. Almost like if they ignore forum issues long enough, they will go away...

The importance of the forum to the Oliver's company success has to be obvious. In the beginning it must have been. Why else would they have used forum members to be their only direct contact sales force. That left the company office to be clerks and/or order takers. If maybe I had studied the forum more, my rush to order might have been delayed. We now have lingering doubts, and hope it is only " buyers remorse"...

• Thanks 1

We are approaching one year of Ollie ownership after finding our used Ollie on this forum.

With Oliver selling direct to the end user is very unique. Assume the majority or all camper manufacturers use dealerships for sales/service and depends on if you find a good dealer on how good the customer's sales/service experience is.

Used to be responsible (when I had a real job) for rebuilding, building complete industrial machines, R&D, mechanical devices, hydraulics, electrical, engine applications, also working directly with the end user. It was important and helpful to know immediately when real improvements were needed, but sometimes problems reported were not our manufacturing issues which takes time away from the job of rebuilding/manufacturing to determine the source of the problem. Assume that's why manufacturers use dealers. Important feedback is sometimes lost in the transaction between the dealer and manufacturer.

My experience has been great communicating directly with Jason at OTT. The service experience was also great when we took our Ollie in to OTT for repairs.

Have been a moderator on another forum (not as large as this forum) for another type of camper. I'm not an IT guy, the forum owner/administrator owns the server & forum. It's the fastest operating forum I have been on. We do not have paid advertising and only accept donations from folks that want to contribute to pay for the forum operating cost.  I'm getting ready to stop moderating on that forum since we own a Ollie.

This forum is unique and appreciate the work by early forum members like Larry to set the direction for this forum! Thanks Larry!

Oliver is a unique and fine travel trailer. Appreciate the constant upgrades being made at OTT, too!!!!

• Thanks 5

2015 LE2

• Moderators

I agree with Bill.  We're approaching one year of ownership and have over 12K miles on our Oliver.  We've had a few maintenance issues that were addressed quickly.  Both sales and service have been very responsive, making me feel that they genuinely care and take pride in their product.  I've not had any of the "run around" you sometimes get with car dealers or others.

This forum probably sells a lot of trailers.  I know I relied on what I found out here when making my decision between an Oliver and an Airstream.  I'm not an IT guy and don't understand why it is so slow.  Matt seems pretty diligent about keeping it running and adding features....

I also appreciate the old timers that got things rolling.  Larry, Steve, Sherry and Pete have been doing this for a long time and still find time to contribute and help new folks.  You do feel part of a family.  Mike

• Thanks 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

I will say this for Oliver. Even in the days when they suspended trailer manufacturing, they still were responsive to any and all issues existing owners had. While trying to keep a young, multifaceted company afloat.

Still get great service when I contact the factory, even though most of the new folks don't know me from Adam.

The forum has been a great place to explore and exchange ideas, since our friend Larry started it over nine years ago. Oliver has always paid the bills, and sponsored our sandbox, but has rarely monitored or interacted. And, that's really ok with me.... It's our owners' forum.

I do miss the old, faster forum format. I so hope the new one gets back to the old speed. I have to admit, it's frustrating at times.

Sherry

• Thanks 5

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I would like to extend a big thank you to Larry and all the moderators for your help with our Forum.  I do agree the Oliver factory is top-notch and the trailers are head-and-shoulders above the competition.  I am continually amazed at how an Ollie is sturdy and well built.

I understand OTT will  need to focus on the continuous quality improvement in component product selection, cost containment and multi-national marketing.  That is a full plate for any small corporation.

I have come to accept there may be no OTT staff involvement in our Forum.  I also realize they have limited IS resources and that may affect our Forum usability.

I will add how some of us are long distance owners.  With no dealer network, a long distance owner and prospective owner can have different needs.  I am not a frequent user of the services the factory provides, nor do I reconnect with the factory via the annual rally.  For me (us), the Forum is a life-line to assist in maximizing the use of my Ollie.

I believe our Forum provides not only a benefit to existing owners, it could provide insights to OTT marketing staff in how communities are formed and product loyalty is maintained.  As OTT grows, they may find a dispersed network of owners could be their greatest asset; however, that goal must be nurtured in a decentralized fashion.  Unfortunately, I have not seen any evidence that knowledge and/or experience exist within the OTT organization.  Too bad, so sad!  Now back to planning my summer camping trips.

Buzzy

• Thanks 3

Buzzy

2016 Oliver Elite II - June 9, 2016
2016 F150 Lariat 3.5L EB, Max Towing

Agreed.

Evidently growing pains.

Am hopefully opportunistic, after seeing the new sales manager Kelly Robinson's article in RV News. She came across as very knowledgeable about the product and was articulate about the quality. All of these are important to the Oliver mystique and of course our resale value. Hopefully these qualities get passed on.

I guess the long distance to the 'mothership' for any work needed concerns me. But the possible need to go there concerns me more. Hopefully the quality I saw in the total product says I won't have to go, and those little cosmetic modifications we will do at home.

• Thanks 1