Getting a handle on an RV decision

Fiddledust

Hello everybody,

My wife (Lucy) and I are life long East Tennesseans. For several years we have discussed getting an RV when we retire. That time is fast approaching. We have looked at a Casita but decided it was not what we wanted. However, we do like the fiberglass construction and were drawn to the Oliver. We also like the fact that they are made less than four hours from our home. There is much to be learned from reading the forums but nothing takes the place of actually seeing one. Sadly, according to the "See an Oliver" page, the closest Legacy Elite II is almost as far away as Hohenwald. If there is anyone in our area that would be willing to let us have a look, we would greatly appreciate it.

Bye for now,

Oscar

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

The upcoming Oliver rally is in Hohenwald in a little over a month. That would present an opportunity to see Oliver trailers of both sizes, new and older, and meet the owners. Then, a factory tour and you have a lot of info on Oliver in one weekend.

Hohenwald is a great little town, with friendly folks and good little restaurants. The museum downtown is interesting, too. I recommend the b& b rooms at fall hollow as a place to spend the night, though there's a small motel in town as well.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hello Oscar,

I am an East Tennessean also, the Tri Cities area, and an aspiring Oliver owner.  I would highly recommend you take the time for a road trip to the Oliver factory and meet all the nice people in the office and many who work in the factory.  The tour through the factory will answer any and all of your questions and give you an up close and personal look and feel for the quality of the construction.  I too recommend Fall Hollow campground, although I actually camped there, as I was doing a motorcycle trip to Hohenwald and then down the Natchez Trace.  There is a fine restaurant there also, and the facility is run by an awesome couple.

• Thanks 2

Hi, Welcome to the forum. A wealth of information is available here. If you don't see your question being answered, just ask.

Found out today that our unit will be done (maybe) at the end of this week. We are going to go down the Trace, then to Georgia for a weekend near the end of April then to the Rally May 5. Tenn. gives 30 day temp. plates, so we have to figure out how to travel, where to go, and still get the unit registered in Maine within 30 days. Hate to delay pick up, but that may be an option. Guess I could pay for it sight unseen and have them send the paperwork? Somehow not too sure about that. So, if you see us driving around your neighborhood sometime, just honk and we can show you ours. We will either lost, or headed home...

Bob

• Thanks 1

Lucy and Oscar, Welcome!!!!!

Like Bob said, there is a wealth of knowledge and help here.

Will let you know if we plan to camp in NE TN. We enjoy camping in eastern TN and Western NC. Plan to camp at Tellico Plains TN during the solar eclipse next August. Hope to camp and attend the Banana Pudding Festival in Centerville TN eventually, too!

LE2

Thank you Bob and Bill for the warm welcome. It sounds like you all have some great trips planned. I have never heard of the Banana Pudding Festival. BP is my favorite.

I spoke to Anita at the Oliver plant today. She hooked us up with new Oliver owners that picked up their trailer today. The funny part is we know them. We will get a chance to see their new Legacy Elite II this weekend.

All the best,

Oscar

• Thanks 4