Campfire Cooking Recipes

flybaby e

Hello to all Oliver Forum readers!

This is Elizabeth, Astrocaster's wife, who is looking forward to picking up our new Oliver Legacy Elite in mid-July. I've been telling Astrocaster that a small TT would be nice to have, someday, and here we are, getting the top of the line right after he retired. I am going to be so spoiled!!

If anyone is interested, I have a number of recipes for cooking potatoes and vegetables as well as making baked goods over a campfire, using heavy-duty foil or aluminum pie pans. They are in a 5-page Word 2004 document, and I'd be happy to share them. Some of them came from a 1967 Betty Crocker Outdoor cookbook, and some I created myself. Just PM me and I'll send them to you.

Happy trails to you,

Elizabeth

As many years as I have spent camping, I don't believe I have done any "campfire cooking"! Well, other than smores of course! I'm looking forward to trying some of your recipes later. Chuck and I plan to do more camping, but here in FL, it's so dry that no open fires are allowed in the camping areas. Keep us posted on your new Oliver!\

Geri

• Moderators

Hi, Elizabeth!

Welcome to the forum. We do a little bit of campfire cooking over hardwood fires in NC on our property. There's nothing like a campfire, is there?

Last time north, we used the grill or two-burner for most dinners, but did hot dogs on the fire a few times.... I have a few recipes from the old days when we did all the cooking on campfires... I'd love to see your file/ book and expand on hot dogs/stew/shore dinner/hobo pies, etc.... Thanks for the offer (Sending a pm.)

Sherry

PS Congrats on your new Oliver! We hope you'll love it as much as we do ours! Keep us all posted on where you're headed on your first trip.. Hope to see you on the road somewhere!!!

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hi, All,

Elizabeth and I have gone camping together for over twenty years now, and one meal that I always ask for her to make on each outing is her "Chicken Foil Dinner." It's a whole tasty meal in a foil package that she cooks on coals. Yummm! Highly recommended!

Steve

• Moderators

Hello, Elizabeth,

Got your email with recipes. Thank you very much. I'll try them out!

Sherry

PS... Do you have a nickname? Liz? Beth? Fewer keystrokes... but Elizabeth is OK too... my cousin always goes by Elizabeth...

Sher

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.