Bathroom curtain rod

topgun2

• Moderators

The frosted glass in the bathroom window doesn't do a lot of good when the window is open.  In thinking about that over the winter and seeing what I had laying around the workshop, I came up with an inexpensive easy curtain rod.  Using a 3/8 inch wooden dowel rod (cut it to whatever width you wish since the newer Elite II models have a slightly larger window) slide on two 3/8 inch plastic/nylon wire hangers.  On each end place a "Closet-Maid" large plastic end cap - these fit very tightly so it helps a bit to first round off the edges of the ends of the wooden dowel.  Finally, using "Command strip" decorating clips attach to the wire hangers - this takes a bit of fiddling in that these fit fairly tightly - and stick it to the wall.  Of course it helps to put curtain material of your choice on the rod first.

Bill

Bathroom curtain supplies

• Thanks 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Cool, but I discourage the use of wood here. It will absorb water and discolor, maybe even mildew.

How about a section of aluminum or stainless tubing instead, or a fiberglass driveway reflector rod?

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 3

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

I don't have the patience, personally, for the shower curtain. I understand why others want it. I don't like the sticky shower curtain in a small space....

To me, it's a small marine bath, much smaller than on our boat. Not a Big deal to wipe it down, and in the process, clean it up with a microfiber towel.

In the process, it cleans not only you, but the bath. How simple is that?

Yes, I remove water sensitive items from the bath. But I keep those in a plastic file case, anyway, so it's easy.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

From reading the original post, I believe the intent of the curtain and rod is to provide privacy in the bathroom with the small window in the open position.  This is especially important if you're showering and the bathroom window is open.

My solution was to take a microfiber cloth that's slightly larger than a washcloth and place it diagonally over the window and tuck a small corner into the space where the two parts of the window come together.  The result is privacy, air flow and something handy to wipe down the walls after a shower.

Marsha

• Like 1

Ed and Marsha

Legacy Elite II, Hull #85

Ford F150 Lariat

• Moderators

Marsha,

You got it!  Just trying to avoid scareing anyone that just happens to look through that window when I am ....

As John pointed out - a fiberglass or aluminum or stainless rod would have been nice, but, wood is what I had.  I did give it a coat of Spar varnish prior to installation and given that it really doesn't get wet I do not believe that the issues John sites will be a problem at all.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 2 years later...

I appreciate Bill's suggestion I take a look at this thread on bathroom curtain rods and I wanted to follow up with our implementation.  We really wanted to have the option of opening the bathroom window while still maintaining privacy.  I did not want to drill into the hull and was able to find a 'command strip' option which seems to be working well.  After installing the curtain rod (which is plastic but looks like metal) Rebecca made a curtain and we now have privacy!  It is important to note that this is a command strip solution so it will only hold 3 lbs and the rod ends do not come off thus you can not side on a curtain but rather have to clip or tie it on.  It seems to be holding well and given the rod length did not encounter to much of the hull curve.  I have attached a few pictures. 

Walter 

Trailer Bath Rod.jpg

Curtain Rod Installed.jpg

Rod with Curtain.jpg

• Thanks 3
  • Like 3

Walter & Rebecca| 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II | Hull #104 | "SoGo" | Nissan Titan SL 5.6L w/ Tow Package

ALAZCOIDIAKSKYLAMIMSMOMTNENVNMOHSDTNTXUT

• Moderators

Love the solution, and the fabric. Nice work!

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I just put Command Hooks in a U pattern around the door, toilet, and lavatory. We just hang the curtain up when we use it and take it down when finished, personally my wife likes to dry it outside and put it up. We have found that showering in the camp restrooms is much easier to do then mess with the shower curtain. 

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators

To cover the bathroom window I put up a couple of Command clips over the window and we slip a microfiber towel in when we want privacy.  We have a couple microfiber towels that we use to wipe down everything after a shower.  The wet one gets hung over the window to dry out after using it.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS