Converting Colman stoves to quick connect

Hikegsm

We are still trying to decide on an outside stove. Historically we have carried a single burner backpacking stove but would like to have something with 2 burners.  I have seen videos online about changing a Coleman over to use quick connect. Has anyone done it? Was it difficult? Are you happy with it?

Thanks,

Yvonne

Yvonne & Doug

2017 Legacy Elite II, twin bed

Hull #223

2017 Ford F-250 Lariat, crew cab

Yvonne, I can't say that I know specifically what adapter you need for your coleman, but it should be a fairly easy thing to do. If you have a liquid fuel coleman, you'll have to buy a conversion kit, which is easy to find on Amazon. Otherwise, it's just a question of finding the specific adapter for whichever propane coleman you have or buy. Someone more knowledgeable can correct me, but I believe that all of the colemans use an external pressure regulator, so all you do is toss that, plug the adapter in where that would have gone, and then plug your propane hose to the adapter. It should work just as well as it does normally.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Yvonne, when I was looking to convert my Weber Q1000 I found how-to threads over on FiberglassRV and several how-to videos (with parts required) on YouTube.  I was able to use the YouTube video as my guide in the conversion, which was very easy.  I bet there is something there for Coleman stoves.  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Thank you Mike & Carol and Overland. We are still on the fence regarding a stove/grill for our Ollie. Since we ordered the quick connect propane ports for front and rear of the trailer, I will probably try to convert a Coleman or just buy a camp chef. The size of the camp chef is what makes me hesitant to go that route.

Yvonne

Yvonne & Doug

Hull #223

If you haven't seen the recent thread on the Partner stoves, then you might check that out.

The grill we've picked is the Charbroil Grill2Go. I've been sold on the infrared ever since we got a Sabre grill for the house, and that's the most reasonable portable version I can find. Otherwise, from the reviews out there I don't think anyone can go wrong with the Weber Q.

Thanks Overland. I have looked at the Partner stoves.  I like the looks of them.  Shape stove.  Looks like I would need to convert them to quick connect too.  That's my problem. Not handy with tools.  The Weber grill you are going with looks pretty sweet too. My better half will get final say on what we choose since he is the outdoor cook ????.  I am only the indoor cook and the gatherer of information!

Yvonne

Yvonne & Doug

Hull #223