Quality control

cptgringo

I  know  Oliver doesn't  manufacturer the windows, but they do install them. This should have been caught at the factory.  The rubber gasket the window slides on is supposed to be attached to the stopper. The window on the street side over the bed was not. Easily correction. Too bad I had to do it IMG_20161019_150155361_HDR.thumb.jpg.fa8036a3ed1ac45d053dd613c86c701a.jpg

The other windows on mine are all  connected. The  rubber gasket the window slides on would slide with the window when you tried to close.  I could force it closed but my wife could not.  After my repair it  slides easily like the others. I'm  pretty sure yours should be.

• Thanks 1

I just checked ours and the one on the sidewalk side is also not installed correctly. I'll show Reed when he gets home. I also have a very hard time opening and closing the windows, I have to use both hands to get the one over the small dinette to open and close.

Karen

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

I know when I was there last summer they mentioned changing windows, but I'm not sure if it was all of them or just the escape window.

I only mention it, because while none of mine are attached they all open and close very smoothly and easily. Last summer when I cleaned I removed all the windows and rubber/plastic tracks, that red desert sand is nasty...

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

I was also told in January that the windows had changed, at least partly to address the water leakage issue that could happen if the drains on the windows weren't kept clean. They looked essentially the same to me though, with the only visible difference being the number of slots visible on the exterior. So it could be that they're essentially the same window, but the manufacturer made slight adjustments.

So I was out in the trailer today and looked at the windows, that's why I remembered them not being attached, they don't have those stops, the heavy rubber track, on the ends, is thicker so it is what stops the window

z7ivjwj6u8ax5wx4byuhhocdn6phqzef.jpg

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69