What do you think?

received_10154970280950269.thumb.jpeg.f15b60bd349c9c6de89378787676f8a5.jpeg

received_10154970281155269.thumb.jpeg.b793f533ede44d0eb869eb5882504d2e.jpeg

truth or fiction? what's the story?

• Thanks 2

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

• Moderators

I wonder what the top speed would be while towing the Oliver?  Sure does make me feel rather pedestrian towing with my F150 twin turbo.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

truth or fiction? what’s the story?

Reed and Karen,

Beautiful TV!

Is this the truth?

AMG GLA 45:

"Best in class: the engine of the GLA 45 AMG fully lives up to this claim, as a look at the figures shows. The AMG 2.0-liter turbo engine is the most powerful series-production four-cylinder turbo engine in the world. It produces 280 kW (381 hp) of power and develops a peak torque of 475 Newton meters. A power density of 140 kW (191 hp) puts the AMG high-performance turbo engine on a par with the world's most powerful super sports cars".

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/webspecial/gla45/index_eng.php#press

AMG S65:

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/model/class-S/model-S65C

• Thanks 1

LE2

That is a gorgeous combo. I am sure that engine is a beast, and it has great brakes. But is there sufficient tow rating at the back? I know nothing about the AMG vehicles other than they are of better than average build quality and horrifically expensive to fix when they break. Good luck finding somebody who can work on it if it has a problem out in the hinterlands.

But I guess the owner could have his chopper fly out to whisk him away and leave a hired drone behind to deal with the repairs....

If I wanted that kind of power and luxury I would be shopping for a new Land Cruiser and put a supercharger on it. Then I would pay cash for my new Ollie and have an extra $100k left over for fuel.

But no Cruiser says Wretched Excess to the neighbors as well as that Merc does.... and it looks very cool with the trailer. I hope the owner keeps the rig below 75 mph. Maybe he has upgraded the Oliver's brakes to Brembos. Did it have red calipers showing? LOL.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

rideandfly Bill you were the closest :)

John! We're still laughing cause that was funny right there :)

Mike, Bill, Pete, you guys are great :)

Walt and Buzzy, thanks for the thanks :)

The truth is, I took my ML in for service and this GLA is the loaner car they gave me for the weekend and it's not an AMG. I'm going to be going to Yosemite next week and there's some steep hills that we're going to be towing on, so the guys at Mercedes are going to go thru the brakes on Monday and make sure everything is ready for the mountains. We will probably have snow and I may be chaining up the trailer tires for the first time while there. So the guys gave me a choice of a C300 or this GLA 4wd Airmatic with a 2" available air lift and low range... and I always choose the GLA 4x4 when available. Mercedes charges us $10 a day for 3 days and then it's free after that and it had 3/4 of a tank of gas, so... I can't lose when I take my cars in for service. The old 2012ML has 92,000 miles on it, and this week I'm driving a new car with no limits to what I'll be doing with it that had 1200 miles on it when I started.

There's no way that the GLA could tow our trailer, but it looked great, so I backed it in and Karen snapped some pics for me to fool around with here on the forum, I couldn't resist. I took the car stats from an SL65AMG that does have a V12, just cause, you know... It's a guy thing... Lol. I've always thought that the best summer TV would be a convertible, but there's no such thing these days, so I let my imagination do the driving on this post just like Lucy and Desi from their old movie because I do really love my convertible.

11187096_828462220571199_2055449196_n.jpg.2bce567b7f30a59f1a26dcc2fb9cdd9d.jpg

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

There’s no way that the GLA could tow our trailer, but it looked great, so I backed it in and Karen snapped some pics for me to fool around with here on the forum, I couldn’t resist..

LOL, you got me. I did think for a minute that it was posed,  but posing didn't make sense.

Good one. Keep them coming, and now we know about your twisted sense of humor.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Reed, I know your a Mercedes guy, but maybe you want to look at one of these, maybe they make a white one.

Otherwise, >I'd have to think they might they might be right up John's alley.

Edit- almost forgot Overland wanted an SUV and not a pickup....

• Thanks 2

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

As I was sitting in the car waiting for Karen to get her refills, I watched most of the movie, pretty cool :)

I need a new plow truck for the snow next, I wonder.... :)

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null