Interior cleaning

GrayGhost

I'm usually not a fan of Black and Decker products, but this one is an exception. Much better small vac than anything else I've tried. Great suction and a battery that lasts more than long enough to clean the trailer a few times before needing recharge.

IMG_0068.thumb.jpg.f859050e68437d9d7ebb1fb19f1ef1d4.jpg

IMG_0069.thumb.jpg.377a1773a6db8e435edf3f7e445154ed.jpg

IMG_0070.thumb.jpg.c2be4b65aa42094d6d98f7ac4229eee4.jpg

• Thanks 3

GrayGhost

2015 Legacy Elite II Hull # 98

2020 F150 3.5 EcoBoost

That looks really  ice.  But I can't remember buying a Black and Decker tool that I didn't almost immediately regret.  Finally I gave up on them completely.  A good battery vac would be really useful.

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

• Moderators

Net, Net, I found that it was just easier to use two or three throw rugs (two down the main isle and a third on the short isle near the door and in front of the bath) and simply take them outside every day or so and shake them out.  I also put a "rug" cover over the two steps at the front door that helps catch at least some of the stuff prior to going inside.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Looks like a nice little vac.  We got the small hand held Dyson that we keep plugged in an optional 110V outlet we had installed in the closet.  It's good for quick clean ups and is always charged.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

The shaking out of rugs and sweeping routine works well for a while for us, but after a little time, the nooks and crannies seem to need a little extra.

I thought about the Dyson, but after looking at reviews, I figured I can burn up three of these before I reach the Dyson price point. And it had the first decent review of a Black and Decker product I've seen in a really long time, so gave it a shot. Like Raspy, I have almost always regretted a B&D purchase, but so far so good with this one. ( knock on fiberglass)

• Thanks 2

GrayGhost

2015 Legacy Elite II Hull # 98

2020 F150 3.5 EcoBoost

Net, Net, I found that it was just easier to use two or three throw rugs (two down the main isle and a third on the short isle near the door and in front of the bath) and simply take them outside every day or so and shake them out. I also put a “rug” cover over the two steps at the front door that helps catch at least some of the stuff prior to going inside. Bill

+1 on Bill's answer, we do the same and use the Flip Mop to clean either dry or wet when needed. We also use the wet side to dry the shower floor.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=flip%20mop

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

• 1 month later...

Thanks GrayGhost! I bought this Black & Decker on your recommendation alone and I'm not sorry. This little booger will suck a golfball through a garden hose. I spilled salt in my trailer not realizing what was in a jar. It will easily suck up grains of salt and anything else. It's easy to clean the B&D too. It does occasionally take filters though. I can still get down on my knees and do the floors if need be but if you are too old and decrepit you might want a vacuum with a long handle. This one folds up very small too. To me it's an all around great vacuum for our Ollie. Thanks again for letting us know GrayGhost!

• Thanks 1

J-Rhett

Oliver Legacy Elite II (Irog)

1995 Ford F-250 x4 Turbo Diesel

Trek Bikes, Hobie Cat Kayak

Thanks for the post, here is that vac: ... https://smile.amazon.com/Decker-BDH2000PL-Lithium-Vacuum-20-volt/dp/B00IOEFBKS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1496927660&sr=8-2&keywords=black+and+decker+vac+pivot

I too have been disappointed in B&D stuff in the past: it just didn't seem well made or durable. I did buy a 20 v lithium hedge trimmer three years ago and it has been simply stellar! It is easy to use, very powerful, with a long battery life (and most important, no memory effect like nicads, which are garbage IMHO). I have hammered that trimmer and it just keeps going. They have made some QC changes, it appears.

While I don't have any problem with lithium batteries around my garage, I am a little more hesitent about storing them long term inside the trailer. Do you worry about a lithium battery fire? Do you keep it plugged into the charger constantly, or do you remove it when not camping?

Is this style vac available in a corded version?

How does it handle long hair (wife) and fur (labdradoodles)?

Thanks,

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

On the subject of "interior cleaning" - I've asked a number of people what they use to clean the interior of the Oliver.  Vinegar and water, Windex and several different brands of spray cleaners have been mentioned.  A number of years ago I tried a product called Interior Detailer.  There are several companies that make the stuff and it can be found in the automotive department of many stores.  You simply spray it on and wipe it off.  It leaves no streaks but does leave a smooth almost wax like finish.  It even works on the shiny "glass-like" parts.

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"